2 Balls

shane2801

2 Balls

Post by shane2801 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:17 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think the media (Fox anyway) carried on about this incident a little too much. I mean, did the ball really go that close to Rankin? I flew at knee high at best and past him probably 1.5 m to the left. The way people are talking it grazed the side of his head.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:19 pm

It's not how close it came, it's the 10 minutes Simms didn't spend in the sinbin for it. Disgraceful refereeing.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:45 pm

Thread title is that how many jt has to grow?????
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:49 pm

shane2801 wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think the media (Fox anyway) carried on about this incident a little too much. I mean, did the ball really go that close to Rankin? I flew at knee high at best and past him probably 1.5 m to the left. The way people are talking it grazed the side of his head.
Trying to field a high ball on your own line with chasers coming at you and suddenly a ball is deliberately kicked knee high and less than 1.5 metre to the side of you sounds to me to be a professional foul.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:49 pm

It distracted him. He dropped the ball. They scored off the next set. We lost by 2 points.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:53 pm

Someone made a good point last night that at training and in warm ups, players would catch bombs all the time with stray balls flying everywhere

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:55 pm

I'm not upset that they scored off the set from the drop out, we could have got the ball back and have easily spilled it on the first and they would have had the same opportunity to score.

What pisses me off is that it was a deliberate attempt to interfere with Rankin, borderline cheating. They should have lost possession at a minimum and Sims should have been binned for the effort. Akin to bowling two balls in one delivery at a batsman in cricket. Absolute [automatically edited] move.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Someone made a good point last night that at training and in warm ups, players would catch bombs all the time with stray balls flying everywhere
Game isn't on the line and you know during the game there isn't meant to be a second ball flying around.

If you catch that in your periphery it'll distract you. If only even for a second, it's enough to put you off, which it was for Rankin.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:57 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I'm not upset that they scored off the set from the drop out, we could have got the ball back and have easily spilled it on the first and they would have had the same opportunity to score.

What pisses me off is that it was a deliberate attempt to interfere with Rankin, borderline cheating. They should have lost possession at a minimum and Sims should have been binned for the effort. Akin to bowling two balls in one delivery at a batsman in cricket. Absolute [automatically edited] move.
Just like when players throw their hands in the air to throw a goal kicker off when they take shot from a penalty. Dumb as.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:00 pm

Yeah I don't disagree with that, throwing/kicking an item at someone in the field of play is far worse than standing there behind the goal line doing the YMCA though.
#penaltyTigers

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:03 pm

I think what really irked me was the nine coverage pretty much laughing at the whole situation, and summing it up pretty much with "Welp. sucked in TIGERS!"

Amateur hour from all those involved.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:29 pm

Does this mean in golden point when you know an opposing side is about to take the shot at field goal are you allowed to take one of your boots off and throw it at the attempting kicker? I know i would.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:46 pm

The play should have been stopped and the ball may very well have put Rankin off. we will never know, he may not have seen it but if you ask him what do you think he will say?
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:49 pm

Yeah unlucky for sure.

The fact that it seems (and almost certainly is) as if Simms intentionally kicked the ball in Rankin's general direction seems like it should be a indiscretion of some sorts.

It was crucial without doubt.

That said, Im not sure what should have happened.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:55 pm

Goose wrote:Yeah unlucky for sure.

The fact that it seems (and almost certainly is) as if Simms intentionally kicked the ball in Rankin's general direction seems like it should be a indiscretion of some sorts.

It was crucial without doubt.

That said, Im not sure what should have happened.
I think if he had a tripped over the other ball and dropped the ball in play then it would have been tough luck. Sims intentionally kicking the ball in his direction was definatly a penalty. Would a player be allowed to throw their mouth guard at a fullback as hes about to catch a ball? Very poor from the ref.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:04 pm

not fussed on this incident really other than the drop-out ruling. It hurt us at the time, but we had halftime to get a stuff together to win the game.

I dont think it was a penalty, if anything it should have been a dead ball play and a scrum to the attacking team.

Was that us or them???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:10 pm

When the ball passes Rankins hands shift but as Taylor said at a training session it wouldn't be uncommon for a few balls to be flying around at the same time

That said , its the last thing you'd expect

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:17 pm

I have no doubt it comes under the umbrella of a professional foul and we at very worst should have got a scrum feed,but a penalty kick would have been a fair result. In saying that if we can not put these things behinds and dig deep and beat a Team like Newcastle we are going to end up stone motherless last