Official team v Storm

jirskyr

Re: Official team v Storm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 9:26 am

Harvey wrote:I would have dragged him into a room and showed him the video of his half hearted chase when Newcastle made their break and told him he would never play first grade again
Not just that, but the final dropped pass. Less about the fact that he dropped it, more about his reaction.

I believe you can tell a lot about a footballer's attitude and concentration by their on-field reactions. It's too tough and energetic a game for most players to maintain an ice-cool demeanour for 80 minutes.

Blake Ayshford has the look of a zombie no matter what he is doing, and it becomes evident in the 1%ers where he looks at loose footballs rather than diving on them, gives up when beaten for pace, doesn't look too concerned when the club concedes a try.

Old Brett Seymour had that classic cover chase of Benji in 2005 playing for Brisbane, where he gives up without even a dive even though he has made it within a tight body length.

This is the body language of losers.

This is the body language of Nathan Milone. In the way he gives up, appears unsurprised by the mistakes he makes. He dropped that last pass and just looked tired, looked like he had given up.

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 10:38 am

Hey Byron Bay, my rating for Moses was based on his overall performance and consistency. In my opinion he has missed too many tackles, thrown too many loose passes and put in too many ineffective kicks. However, I do concede that he has also thrown some wonderful passes, especially in the first couple of games when he was probably our best player. I'm sticking to my overall 6.5. My grade for Farah was an overall score for the hooker position which included Halatau and Cherrington. Again, I agree that Robbie probably deserved a 7.5 or 8 for his game last week. To summarize though, very few players have performed at a minimum 7/10 level for the last month and therefore probably deserve to be dropped for consistent mediocrity. I'm absolutely astounded that Millone kept his place and really believe that Brooks should go. Doesn't a first grade selection mean anything to the Tigers these days?

marzie

Post by marzie » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 1:23 pm

Russell wrote:
marzie wrote:I'm sick to death of JT even if the team was winning I can't wait for him to be gone. Can't believe they passed on Kevin Walters to sign this guy
That would have been another rookie!
Still would've been better I reckon! He's not good enough to coach Tigers but he is good enough to coach QLD :/ he's spent a long time as an assistant under Bellamy, Bennett and Meninga as well

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 1:45 pm

stevied wrote:Hey Byron Bay, my rating for Moses was based on his overall performance and consistency. In my opinion he has missed too many tackles, thrown too many loose passes and put in too many ineffective kicks. However, I do concede that he has also thrown some wonderful passes, especially in the first couple of games when he was probably our best player. I'm sticking to my overall 6.5. My grade for Farah was an overall score for the hooker position which included Halatau and Cherrington. Again, I agree that Robbie probably deserved a 7.5 or 8 for his game last week. To summarize though, very few players have performed at a minimum 7/10 level for the last month and therefore probably deserve to be dropped for consistent mediocrity. I'm absolutely astounded that Millone kept his place and really believe that Brooks should go. Doesn't a first grade selection mean anything to the Tigers these days?
thanks for the explanation, I understand better now. As it seems universally accepted that Farah is slower these days getting the ball out I presume he must still be our best in that posi otherwise he would not be there, if not the case why isn't he moved to another non-vital position where he can still defend the centre of the park?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 6:59 pm

851 wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:Good to see big Ava in the run on side. I hope Edwards takes his chance and puts some of those Storm fellas on their backside. I'd prefer Heleta to Milone but good luck to him and hopefully our halfback can put some passes in front of him instead of behind him this week. go boys!
That pass he coughed up at the end of the game any NRL centre would have swallowed that up and probably layed on a match winning try, the kid is just not NRL standard, and Taylor should stop picking him. :brick:
Milone should have caught that pass and maybe he won't ever rise to NRL standard, but we shouldn't have been trying to beat the team coming last in the dying moments of the match.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 6:39 am

tigerap wrote:The coaches, and there are at least 4, who are involved in team selections know and see much more of the player options than we do... We are all calling for a Milone substitute and for this person to play NSW cup etc...but we don't see the team train, we don't see all the NSW games... So are we in a true position to second guess there decisions on player selection.... ?... If we are to be honest the answer is no....
Going on his selections, JT mustn't see those games either

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 6:58 am

stevied wrote:In my other thread, I rated the individual performance of each player in the first grade squad after 6 rounds. Here they are with the suggested changes I think should have been made as a result. I've ignored the 'Top 25', 'Second Tier', Boys Club, 600K contract and any other crap constraints in order to list the best team....

1. *Tedesco 9/10 (the heart and soul of the team)
2. *Nofoaluma 6.5/10 (better forward than most of the pack)
3. SIMONA 6.5/10 (NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BY *PENI during suspension, Millone is best not mentioned)
4. Naiqama 7.5/10 (been great but shocker on Sunday)
5. *Rankin 6/10 (bolstered by best effort Sunday and goal kicking)
6. *Moses 6/10 (far too many Benji style miracle play attempts)
7. BROOKS 5/10 (NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BY *LITTLEJOHN)
8. *Woods 8/10 (big motor but doesn't bend line/ replaced by *AVA 7.5 due to injury)
9. HALATAU/ *Farah 6/10 (FARAH was good on Sunday despite slow service and should be 9)
10. *Grant 8/10 (Been good despite belting he copped on Sunday)
11. Alouai 6.5/10 (shows promise but should be on bench. I'd promote *EDWARDS)
12. *Lawrence 7.5/10 (looks like a first grade second rower who I would make captain)
13. *Sue 7.5/10 (with Grant and Ava, the only forward to bend the line)

14. CHERRINGTON 5.5/10 (need a back up hooker)
15. Sironen 5.5/10 (lucky to keep his place)
16. CHEE KAM (needs to be given a chance)
17. Aloiai 6.5/10 (shows promise and heart)

I've dropped BROOKS, HALATAU (6) and LOVETT - Brooks for lack of first grade half back play, Halatau and Lovett for lack of size and impact. That's four changes in the squad, three due to form and one due to suspension. But, of course, this didn't happen and we have to seriously wonder about Taylor's brain power or guts. Clearly the boys club is well and truly alive and kicking! Whatever happened to the notion of earning a first grade spot, giving the team a shakeup, rewarding strong efforts or all of the above?
:deadhorse:
We'll get whipped!

I know......
Fantastic assessment and I reckon your on the money.
Agree with it all.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 7:14 am

With the recent Edwards interview on the website, can we assume we will be 1-17, with Buchanan & Chee Kam missing out?
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 10:18 am

Masterton wrote:With the recent Edwards interview on the website, can we assume we will be 1-17, with Buchanan & Chee Kam missing out?
Why would you say that?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:34 am

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... se_in.html
Sue and Buchanan are out. Nofo and Kev in doubt.
This could get ugly.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:37 am

gallagher wrote:http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... se_in.html
This could get ugly.

Did someone ask if it could get any worse or something? Somebody flick Gus a carton & lets get ET over for tomorrow.

Hope Edwards & MCK have a blinder!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:39 am

greatodensraven wrote:
This could get ugly.

Did someone ask if it could get any worse or something? Somebody flick Gus a carton & lets get ET over for tomorrow.

Could be a blessing these two getting a chance.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:41 am

maybe we should tell the NRL we are on school holidays so we cant play this weekend so we will be back next week. lol

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:48 am

That will leave us light in the middle. Maybe an opp for one of the young props also?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

jirskyr wrote:
Harvey wrote:I would have dragged him into a room and showed him the video of his half hearted chase when Newcastle made their break and told him he would never play first grade again
Not just that, but the final dropped pass. Less about the fact that he dropped it, more about his reaction.

I believe you can tell a lot about a footballer's attitude and concentration by their on-field reactions. It's too tough and energetic a game for most players to maintain an ice-cool demeanour for 80 minutes.

Blake Ayshford has the look of a zombie no matter what he is doing, and it becomes evident in the 1%ers where he looks at loose footballs rather than diving on them, gives up when beaten for pace, doesn't look too concerned when the club concedes a try.

Old Brett Seymour had that classic cover chase of Benji in 2005 playing for Brisbane, where he gives up without even a dive even though he has made it within a tight body length.

This is the body language of losers.

This is the body language of Nathan Milone. In the way he gives up, appears unsurprised by the mistakes he makes. He dropped that last pass and just looked tired, looked like he had given up.
I'll go another step with this

Remember as a kid what we were taught

If a break occurs you turn and chase to get back in the line for the next play

Never turn your back

Always give 100% no matter the scoreline , fight it out to the end

When I see our supposedly professional footballers even fail with these simple parts of the game I just get so angry

If I was coach , I would make these guys look like idiots in a video session whenever this happens

Amatuer hour in my opinion at its worse

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 4:08 pm

gallagher wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:
This could get ugly.

Thats how we as fans have to approach this to keep our sanity. Its an opportunity hopefulky for MCK, Edwards amd Addo Carr to prove they should be in the team. Wouldnt it be great if all 3 play and go great, meaning the return of Nofo, Kev and Sue spells the end of Rankin on the wing, Lovett in the forwards. Would love to see Edwards in particular put his hand up and demand a spot in the backrow even with Elijah Taylor and Sue coming back in.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 16 Apr, 2016 6:34 pm

king sirro wrote:
gallagher wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:
This could get ugly.

Thats how we as fans have to approach this to keep our sanity. Its an opportunity hopefulky for MCK, Edwards amd Addo Carr to prove they should be in the team. Wouldnt it be great if all 3 play and go great, meaning the return of Nofo, Kev and Sue spells the end of Rankin on the wing, Lovett in the forwards. Would love to see Edwards in particular put his hand up and demand a spot in the backrow even with Elijah Taylor and Sue coming back in.
Absolutely. I think Edwards and Taylor are two of our better back rowers so these two added to the mix can only spur on the incumbents. At worse this means competition for spots.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 1:15 pm

Jesse Jackson (wing), JJ Felise (prop) and Bailey Sironen (backrow) out of NYC.