Two Debutants

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Two Debutants

Unread post by Snake » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:21 pm

MacDougall wrote:I like Addo-Carr's attitude. He demands the best out of himself. I hope it rubs off. He's the sort of kid that'd become a rep player at a glamour club.
The club is on a winner with this guy ...the speed is great but the attitude is the thing I like ..had a couple of errors then the next play demanded the ball for hit ups this says I am an NRL player he has to be in the side or signed immediately.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:27 pm

Snake wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I like Addo-Carr's attitude. He demands the best out of himself. I hope it rubs off. He's the sort of kid that'd become a rep player at a glamour club.
The club is on a winner with this guy ...the speed is great but the attitude is the thing I like ..had a couple of errors then the next play demanded the ball for hit ups this says I am an NRL player he has to be in the side or signed immediately.
Agreed and he's a childhood Tigers fan even though he grew up in Rabbitohs territory.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:36 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Snake wrote:
Agreed and he's a childhood Tigers fan even though he grew up in Rabbitohs territory.
Agree
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

ALX22
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by ALX22 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:17 pm

Both showed the hunger to keep pushing ahead and should be rewarded with selection for next weeks game.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:36 pm

Felise was strong today had some great hitups. Ado Carr is something good. Great speed and his ability to cover Koro today and some oof his tackles were great. Didn't stop trying all day and deserves his spot in the team IMO

Boonboon2
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:37 pm

Jesus it's interesting how the bias runs for and against players in this forum. 4 errors and 2 miss tackles and he should be signed up for life. Plenty of other blokes would love that kind of lee way from you lot

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:42 pm

I can see the concern with JAC

He looks as light as a feather and really gets dominated easily early in the sets

But he has obvious speed and defensively although not targeted he went ok

He deserves 2nd chance

Felise also got dominated but never gave up all day

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:44 pm

I thought they were both really good.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:56 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Jesus it's interesting how the bias runs for and against players in this forum. 4 errors and 2 miss tackles and he should be signed up for life. Plenty of other blokes would love that kind of lee way from you lot
exactly..... Milone was universally panned for dropping a hail mary last chance pass. Carr ran himself out of a break-away try where his speed to burn had him home and he is applauded... Go figure.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 9:34 pm

tigermac88 wrote:JT playing Buchanan all this time in front of Felise just goes to show how crap and incompetent he is picking the side each week
Gee, I didn't think he was any better. Maybe given time, but an unimpressive debut for mine.

Addo-Carr was more encouraging. Struggles rucking it up, but he's not afraid to get involved. His hands were better than I expected and he obviously has toe galore.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 9:49 pm

Addo-Carr for me should be retained over Rankin when Nofo returns. Its a big call but he could do real damage against sides less organised in defence the Storm. He has huge upside.

tigermac88
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tigermac88 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:04 pm

Masterton wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:JT playing Buchanan all this time in front of Felise just goes to show how crap and incompetent he is picking the side each week
Gee, I didn't think he was any better. Maybe given time, but an unimpressive debut for mine.

Addo-Carr was more encouraging. Struggles rucking it up, but he's not afraid to get involved. His hands were better than I expected and he obviously has toe galore.
You're kidding right?? JJ Felise was heaps better than that plodder Buchanan. Honestly mate have a look at the way Buchanan carts the ball forward it's embarrassing for a bloke with his size

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:09 pm

:supporter:
TYGA wrote:Addo-Carr for me should be retained over Rankin when Nofo returns. Its a big call but he could do real damage against sides less organised in defence the Storm. He has huge upside.
He looks a game breaker to me. Very promising indeed

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:22 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Jesus it's interesting how the bias runs for and against players in this forum. 4 errors and 2 miss tackles and he should be signed up for life. Plenty of other blokes would love that kind of lee way from you lot
Who are you talking about?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:35 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Masterton wrote:

You're kidding right?? JJ Felise was heaps better than that plodder Buchanan. Honestly mate have a look at the way Buchanan carts the ball forward it's embarrassing for a bloke with his size
Yes but Felise has played 1 game total.

Let's judge his longer-term potential after 10-20 games.

Happy to see him have a solid start after earning his debut, but plenty of good debuts go the way of Ben Black.

Marshall_magic
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Marshall_magic » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:40 pm

Felise was good in attack, but there were times where he struggled with the pace of the game in defence. He was often the last one to get onside, and after long Melbourne kicks he wasn't back onside until tackle 3 had been made. I think he has potential but at the moment I wouldn't be playing him in first grade. He was an improvement on Buchanan who is a liability in all aspects of th game.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:46 pm

I agree with all of the above. Felise made an excellent debut - strong and powerful and and just what we need. MacDougall, you make a good observation - Ado-Carr's attitude which was aggressive, determined and competitive was the most impressive thing about him. he looked like he wanted and expected to be out there. Taylor needs to stick with both of them and, maybe put Nofo in the centres next week. On the other hand, Edwards was disappointing. He missed tackles and made no headway with the ball.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:54 pm

JAC had some moments, pretty promising for a debut on short notice.
I put the blame on Naiqama for that drop after the intercept - held the pass up too long, and should have held on to it in the end. JAC could have run a better line perhaps.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”