**Live game thread** Us vs the Storm

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Storm

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:34 pm

I am too busy to read whole thread but just occurred that maybe Robbie did not take at field goal due to his knee operation?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:34 pm

I am too busy to read whole thread but just occurred that maybe Robbie did not take shot at field goal due to his knee operation?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Blaze

Unread post by Blaze » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:40 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Blaze wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:I know mate but it's a 50/50 at best. IF Brooks just takes his man, he tackles Cronk and its a non event
The problem is, it stops being 50/50 when it gets beyond that, when teddy gets ko'd and the storm continue on and score whilst nothing happens. Even a penalty normally was warranted but no.... Not with the tigs... It's just painful, I'll shut up now cause the Mrs is upset that I'm livid... Lol enjoy lads, thanks for the vent!
Hahaha, we're all united by one thing, being passionate about our Club. Everyone's entitled to a one hour recovery period after a shattering loss.
Hear hear mate, cheers for the understanding. Till next week I guess!

Gazman

Unread post by Gazman » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:21 pm

With all these near losses and our goal kicking successes at record lows, I wonder why we do not play the percentage football and take all the easy two points when on offer. There was a late opportunity when we had the scores at 12-10 to go for the goal but went for the six and it did not come off. In the end we would not have needed golden point.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:27 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:$600,000 halves kick that blind folded
We had a full set on their line ... And Panicked ...AGAIN !
Where was the leadership from our $900k origin star ????

As the saying goes .. Garbage in .. Garbage out !
exactly..... someone panicked.

It was a halves job to be in position the entire set, yet someone elses to choose the moment. Was it second tackle? that defensive line should have been tested for nerves first. They would all have had one eye on the possible kicker, we had the advantage.

Not Robbies fault for the loss.
I thought that some were clamouring for the halves to be running the show,
When they do and it doesn't come off , their supporters look for someone else to blame for it
They're in charge, , or are they only in charge when we play well ?

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:28 pm

Great effort and eventually we will start winning these types of games. My only criticism was the amount of bombs we put up that did not have any kick chasers. But otherwise great effort.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

hobbo
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:38 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

It was a halves job to be in position the entire set, yet someone elses to choose the moment. Was it second tackle? that defensive line should have been tested for nerves first. They would all have had one eye on the possible kicker, we had the advantage.

When they do and it doesn't come off , their supporters look for someone else to blame for it
As I said before , it was tackle 2 , what was the rush ?
Even though Farah is no longer the captain , he's shown poor leadership IMO .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

razor7
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by razor7 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:38 pm

I thought we played pretty well with an understrength side. The team played with passion and determination. Moses would have to be the worst general play kicker in the competition. At least Brooks varies it but Moses overlong directionless kicks put no pressure on the opposition. There is no way he is coached to do this. He just shouldn't be kicking. Felise and Carr both did well in their first games in the top grade

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:49 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Dont think I am negating your point of view, I agree to an extent with what you are saying...

I credit Robbie tonight, when we were doing it tough he didnt ruck punch, he played through our halves, and we made metres. I give him massive props for putting the ego aside for the team benefit. He played well.

The other side of the coin is that the halves had to communicate their position at that point of the game, Robbie had to know where they were if play broke down and it was an option worth exploring... but it needed to be evaluated seeing as we had tackles in hand, a whole set almost. I dont hate on Moses for missing, we have all seen many a playmaker fail, Smith himself tonight an example. I blame Robbie for the pass as much as I blame Moses for not summing up the pressure he was under and taking the tackle. Difference is Robbie had more time in hand, still not their fault alone.

We play a game of extremes. Its either Robbie ball, or halves ball... no grey area. We need to find grey. You may think this is Farah hate, but as a senior player he needs to take their information on board, calculate, then make his decisions.... all at high speed.

Robbie passed him the ball, Moses kicked instead of taking the tackle. Same level of blame, same level of respect for stepping up in the moment.

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 9:59 pm

851 wrote:Once again another inspirational speech JT, every week straight after halftime, we let in a try
I've just come back from the game and thought I would read what fellow Forumers were saying during the game.

Have you got anything positive to say 851. Just one negative comment after another.

Boring.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:08 pm

851 I found it inspirational that we did not let in a try just before half time, at least we have fixed that side of the ledger up.

Russell, did you enjoy being at ringside?

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:13 pm

Dingo wrote:brilliant, 5 in a row, peanut coach is a little further out the door, praying for 6 straight next week

Are you for real. You want us to get beat.

For God's sake go and support another team.

Dingo

Unread post by Dingo » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:19 pm

Russell wrote:
Dingo wrote:brilliant, 5 in a row, peanut coach is a little further out the door, praying for 6 straight next week

Are you for real. You want us to get beat.

For God's sake go and support another team.
hallelujah, praise the lord

Dingo

Unread post by Dingo » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:19 pm

Russell wrote:
851 wrote:Once again another inspirational speech JT, every week straight after halftime, we let in a try
I've just come back from the game and thought I would read what fellow Forumers were saying during the game.

Have you got anything positive to say 851. Just one negative comment after another.

Boring.
Boring....sounds like every one of your posts

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:26 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Nothing wrong with taking the shot on the first. If you're in position, why stuff around for 3 or 4 tackles?[/quote
It just showed how immature Brooks and Moses are. It's obvious he's not proficient at kicking fgs by that attempt. Take 2 more to the posts and tap the bloody thing over. Poor game management again by a pair of kids who think theyre better than they actually are.
Do Moses and Brooks think they are better than they actually are?

Are you a mind reader or do you just think - they think - they are better than they are?

I thought they both played their ases off - Moses was everywhere in defense and Brooks did a pretty good job as well. I don't know what you expect from these two. They didn't lose us the game. Everyone put in 100% from where I was standing at Leichhardt, some even more like Kev who was crook before he even got out there. Credit where credit is due I say.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:31 pm

Moses has a funny arm grab but seems to work today. At least he is avoiding concussion in the tackles.

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:41 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:I am too busy to read whole thread but just occurred that maybe Robbie did not take at field goal due to his knee operation?
What other excuses have you got BBF.

In defense of RF not taking a Field Goal.

He was reading a comic on the sideline.
Calling for a drink of water.
Doing up his boot laces.
etc. etc. etc.

No doubt about you.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:44 pm

Storm were dreadful. We had the chance to win it, but didn't...We blew it. :(
Was good to see the new boys debut. Really liking Josh Addo-Carr's speed.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”