GNR4LIFE

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Storm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:46 pm

Dingo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Dingo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Ah go take someones baby
Guns and Roses Suck so do the wests tigers and your crush JT the scarecrow
Wow, the maturity is just echoing through the computer screen.

says a 30 year old with GNR4LIFE as a username, ive also read your posts, pot calling the kettle black might be a saying lost on you
Nice one troll, but im 29

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:47 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Blaze wrote:Seriously some of you blokes are deadset morons... The boys had a dig and were under strength and nearly pulled of a win against a competition heavyweight. We were duped by the refs and that's what ist us the game. Full stop. Any thing else is BS[/quote

Mate, we can't blame refs every week. We've lost 5 in a row, the highest defeat being 12 points. Our halves haven't managed to get us over the line once in that period.
Youre right. Cant blame the refs and i usually dont, but there is no way on earth we have been getting our share of 50/50 calls. The two ball event, forward pass-athon from storm, Lawrence not getting a penalty try, and there are plenty of others as the game go on.

There is no way, i repeat, NO WAY that this stuff happens to the top teams each week. The NRL would be in melt down. But because we are bottom feeders we are supposed to wear this tripe.

Some of those 50/50 calls would possibly have us at a few more close call wins and not looking average.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:47 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Blaze wrote:Seriously some of you blokes are deadset morons... The boys had a dig and were under strength and nearly pulled of a win against a competition heavyweight. We were duped by the refs and that's what ist us the game. Full stop. Any thing else is BS[/quote

Mate, we can't blame refs every week. We've lost 5 in a row, the highest defeat being 12 points. Our halves haven't managed to get us over the line once in that period.
Alright, let's be like the commentators and forget what happened against us 5 mins later and say that Melbourne were great at grind undoing out a win.... It a deadset joke and if your going to make excuses then you can join that bandwagon aswell. I understand where your coming from and I was like you, but how much can a kolala bear? It's not like we have been losing by 30... We have been duped on tries that have been atleast a twelve point turn around.... And losing by two... Come on... There needs to be an investigation

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:50 pm

top effort by all. chips were down with the injured players but we stuck in there. Forwards held their own against a dominate and experienced storm pack and i have to say Farah gave early ball to the halfs. Both halfs had a good game.. played controlled football. last year we would of fallen away at 18-12, but to get to goldern point was brilliant. I hope we can fight like that all year, that game should be the blue print. people here giving the young halfs stick over a missed field goal is harsh, they were very close, unlucky... im not worried about that performance was great..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:50 pm

851 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Disappointed but I'm liking a lot of what I'm seeing
Wow, you are easily pleased, or are you JT's brother
Yeah doesn't surprise me you couldn't see the improvement in attitude and the toughness they displayed which really hasn't been there this year.
Some only see the scoreline

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:53 pm

Mate, I feel your pain. But, unless we become a top team we'll always be on the wrong end of the 50/50s. But there has to be a day when we take the ref out of the equation and 2 key position players can get us over the line. I'm not sure we should be selling the farm for these two. Week after week my love affair with them just decreases, they're not that good. They have no composure under any type of pressure.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:56 pm

Burning about that loss, again questionable ref decisions, wont go in to that after last week.
Thought our young forwards really stood up and played very well.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:58 pm

I thought the team's overall performance was a big step in the right direction. True, Storm weren't great but we were a lot further down on troops than they were.

Not really that disappointed at all.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:59 pm

Brooks' propensity to go for intercepts is so hit/miss. Got us one try but he went for another and let Cronk score when it would've been a simple one on one tackle. Unless he transforms into Brett Kenny or Gary Schofield can he just take his man and stop attempting them.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:02 pm

tiga4eva wrote:Mate, I feel your pain. But, unless we become a top team we'll always be on the wrong end of the 50/50s. But there has to be a day when we take the ref out of the equation and 2 key position players can get us over the line. I'm not sure we should be selling the farm for these two. Week after week my love affair with them just decreases, they're not that good. They have no composure under any type of pressure.
I know what your saying but it's too hard to take the red out of the equation when it's so blatant and the score reflects the possibility of winning if the the decision was correct! Brooks and Moses are doing fine for their development and given a couple of decisions they would not be bagged like they are. Of course they have off days, but there are plenty of "stars " that do.... Give them a break, they are just fine, and the team and Taylor are doing well considering how young they are..... Don't worry, I'm sooooo pissed myself right now, but these boys have the goods. Just not milone... Lol

Post by 851 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:
851 wrote:
Yeah doesn't surprise me you couldn't see the improvement in attitude and the toughness they displayed which really hasn't been there this year.
Horrendous ball control, we were lucky the storm were just as bad, no direction from the halves or hooker,plod it up and mid field bomb, worked so well just like last year.
Any other NRL side would have put the storm away in the first half, then gone on with it in the second half, excepting garbage like they dished up today is not for me, and I would have thought most other supporters as well.
I can't find too much to like about todays performance, or the last month for that matter, the coach has got to go, how his inspirational speech's inspire them to let in try's every week just after he has spoken to them is beyond me.
No other team does this, and no other club would put up with this happening every damn week, a try in under a minute today, and another in under 2 minutes after halftime, it is typical of our season, it is not a one off.
It is plain to see our coach does not inspire the team before a game, and definitely not at halftime, the players are mentally weak, and the coach has no idea how to fix it, we have lost 5 straight games, stop trying to sugar coat it.
Go hard or go home

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:12 pm

tiga4eva wrote:Brooks' propensity to go for intercepts is so hit/miss. Got us one try but he went for another and let Cronk score when it would've been a simple one on one tackle. Unless he transforms into Brett Kenny or Gary Schofield can he just take his man and stop attempting them.
IMHO that was another ref decision that went against us :( , Cronk was shielded by Proctor so Milone could not make the tackle, without bias -> sheppard -> penalty against Proctor -> no try.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:15 pm

851 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
851 wrote:
Horrendous ball control, we were lucky the storm were just as bad, no direction from the halves or hooker,plod it up and mid field bomb, worked so well just like last year.
Any other NRL side would have put the storm away in the first half, then gone on with it in the second half, excepting garbage like they dished up today is not for me, and I would have thought most other supporters as well.
I can't find too much to like about todays performance, or the last month for that matter, the coach has got to go, how his inspirational speech's inspire them to let in try's every week just after he has spoken to them is beyond me.
No other team does this, and no other club would put up with this happening every damn week, a try in under a minute today, and another in under 2 minutes after halftime, it is typical of our season, it is not a one off.
It is plain to see our coach does not inspire the team before a game, and definitely not at halftime, the players are mentally weak, and the coach has no idea how to fix it, we have lost 5 straight games, stop trying to sugar coat it.
Really? Blaming the coach right now? I don't usually come on here and complain, but seriously, this game was poorly officiated and not in our favour. The boys tried hard and were duped. It was definitely an improve from last game.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:15 pm

I know mate but it's a 50/50 at best. IF Brooks just takes his man, he tackles Cronk and its a non event

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:21 pm

They had more of a dig tonight than they have all year.... If youre expecting a broncos type performance I can see why you're crying now

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:22 pm

Must have a short term memory, go watch games from '08, '09, '12-'14 to see what it looks like when players are mentally weak and when we had coaches who did not inspire a team before the game and at half time.......

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:23 pm

tiga4eva wrote:I know mate but it's a 50/50 at best. IF Brooks just takes his man, he tackles Cronk and its a non event
The problem is, it stops being 50/50 when it gets beyond that, when teddy gets ko'd and the storm continue on and score whilst nothing happens. Even a penalty normally was warranted but no.... Not with the tigs... It's just painful, I'll shut up now cause the Mrs is upset that I'm livid... Lol enjoy lads, thanks for the vent!

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:28 pm

Blaze wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:I know mate but it's a 50/50 at best. IF Brooks just takes his man, he tackles Cronk and its a non event
The problem is, it stops being 50/50 when it gets beyond that, when teddy gets ko'd and the storm continue on and score whilst nothing happens. Even a penalty normally was warranted but no.... Not with the tigs... It's just painful, I'll shut up now cause the Mrs is upset that I'm livid... Lol enjoy lads, thanks for the vent!
Hahaha, we're all united by one thing, being passionate about our Club. Everyone's entitled to a one hour recovery period after a shattering loss.