Edwards

stevied

Re: Edwards

Post by stevied » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:52 pm

But has this forum over rated him? He was a handy work horse at the Knights and didn't cut it (mainly due to injury) at the Raiders. He's a one dimensional tackling machine who didn't even tackle last night. I think we pinned too higher hopes on him. If he's persevered with, he will, again, become a serviceable, tradesman-like first grader but nothing more, a bit like Lawrence.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 12:14 am

jirskyr wrote:Worst club debut ever? Do we so quickly forget Sam Harris, Jason Cayless, Corey Paterson, NBQ, Trent Runciman, Ahmad Bajouri, Chris Paterson, Steve Trindall, Ryan O'Hara, Glen Air, Luke Milton, Clint Hill, Nick Graham, Keiran Kerr, Matt Jobson, Rhys Hanbury, Blake Lazarus, Sean Meaney, Nathan Waters, Jacob Miller, Tom Humble, Masada Iosefa, Braith Anasta?
Waste Anasta was far worse!
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 6:24 am

I didn't watch the game but sounds disappointing. None the less, everyone deserves at least a couple of games in the top grade. Perhaps a combination of trying too hard and 'rusty' with his timing out - it's a long while since he's played the game. Give him another shot. There's a lot of upside if he does play to his potential.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 6:54 am

There is probably a good reason for him being a fringe first grader at the Knights and the Raiders. Not sure why people thought he would be anything other than that when he came here. Based on that performance he clearly needs to improve his game to consistently play first grade at any club. Certainly it would be a waste of time in bringing him to the club without giving him the opportunity. Its up to him now to really make the most of it if he gets another crack.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 7:03 am

king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:His first game with the NRL side and this is what he cops

Deserves a 2nd chance and time to build some combinations

As I said in a thread the other day , I could see this coming a mile away , they expected Bradley Clyde or Bob Lindner reborn
Seriously? Nah mate i just expect a seasoned first grader to not drop off easy tackles. Its this acceptance of mediocrity that holds us back. You and Geo are in lala land mate. Edwards was s***
Same for me Happy, in happy to see how he goes in another game or two, mine was more a comment on the fact that it's hard to get dropped in this club

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 7:39 am

Dropped the first ball he got (an easy one) and went downhill from there..Also looked slightly overweight..

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:29 am

yeti wrote:I didn't watch the game but sounds disappointing. None the less, everyone deserves at least a couple of games in the top grade. Perhaps a combination of trying too hard and 'rusty' with his timing out - it's a long while since he's played the game. Give him another shot. There's a lot of upside if he does play to his potential.
Yes give him 5-10 games.

Everyone suddenly an expert on his long-term after one performance. There's a call to put him in, finally he gets a run, then another group comes out and says "told you so".

Let's just see how he develops given some time.

Could people actually be preferring Lovett to a different backrow option? Do I dare believe my ears/eyes?

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:04 am

I was lower on him than most on here, and defo agree that we can't judge him on a single game, especially given he's obviously short of a run in general.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:08 am

jirskyr wrote:
yeti wrote:I didn't watch the game but sounds disappointing. None the less, everyone deserves at least a couple of games in the top grade. Perhaps a combination of trying too hard and 'rusty' with his timing out - it's a long while since he's played the game. Give him another shot. There's a lot of upside if he does play to his potential.
Yes give him 5-10 games.

Everyone suddenly an expert on his long-term after one performance. There's a call to put him in, finally he gets a run, then another group comes out and says "told you so".

Let's just see how he develops given some time.

Could people actually be preferring Lovett to a different backrow option? Do I dare believe my ears/eyes?
Don't count me in on that jirskyr.