Milone

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Milone

Post by mike » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:35 pm

Only one defensive lapse early but then solid. But you are right Happy he is never going to threaten the opposition.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

razor7

Post by razor7 » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:48 pm

That was his best first grade game today but I suspect that's as good as it gets. Not really a long term first grade proposition

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:52 pm

Some teams can convert everyone doing their job into a win. We arent those teams. Milone while not a stand out is also reliable.

Odd compliment, but it is what it is.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 9:14 pm

He is not first grade material simple as that. He played ok today but very far off the level you would expect from a first grade centre. But then again we have a bunch of players in the same category

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:28 pm

This is the problem with the WT,when an ordinary player has an average game and people are happy you know then the expections are not great.:-)

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:32 pm

If, as people are saying, Milone improved greatly today, why wouldn't he continue that improvement? I think it was only his 4th or 5th first grade game, so I have no issues with him being first pick stand in for the centres when required because I think he does have more improvement in him.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:40 pm

Ditto to everything everyone else has said here.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:33 pm

He tackled well enough. Bearing in mind Storm had nuffies in their centres, I would not like to have seen him taking on Chambers.

He is next to zero threat in attack, which is a BIG problem. If you can only really attack on one side, you won't test the opposition enough.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm always happy to see a guy who's been crucified, answer with a strong effort. He was good defensively, didn't stuff up with the ball and he did his job. Good on him but I still maintain his selection is a mistake and that there are better options.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:59 pm

He was average, which is an improvement. Still the weakest of our backline that was out there today.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:32 am

stevetiger wrote:I don't see Milone as an issue. He isn't a first grade player and probably never will be but he had nothing to do with losing the last couple of games.
You might want to watch the Knights game again.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:54 am

Some guys are savage.

No one thinks he is a star, but he had a good game, played well and did his job.

He is a reserve grade fill in. These guys arent expected to win the game for you.

I dont think anyone here is even suggesting he is the best option to fill in, all the early comments were saying is that despite the earlier criticism he received (including from me) he played a good game. Which if you look at in isolation he most certainly did. Nothing more, nothing less.

He will get a tick from any coach for that game.

Simona of course comes straight back in.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:02 am

Goose wrote:Some guys are savage.

No one thinks he is a star, but he had a good game, played well and did his job.

He is a reserve grade fill in. These guys arent expected to win the game for you.

I dont think anyone here is even suggesting he is the best option to fill in, all the early comments were saying is that despite the earlier criticism he received (including from me) he played a good game. Which if you look at in isolation he most certainly did. Nothing more, nothing less.

Absolutely agree with what you have said Goose,he did play well yesterday and deserves the praise as he deserves the criticism on poor performances...the difference is Simona is absolute quality,Milone is a trier with less quality....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:09 am

Goose wrote:Some guys are savage.

Do you know what it is Goose - it's MCK not getting a run that causes this trouble.

If MCK was given a run, we'd all see if he's any good and it would put to bed the debate whether there are other options.

Right now, there appear to be options in NSW Cup and people get frustrated because Milone is a proven average footballer.

If we were to give the other guys a run, we might well see that they are all average and Milone is in fact the best backup we have, even as disappointing as that might sound.

Yesterday's game was great in some ways because we all got to see JAC, Edwards and Felise go around, rather than speculate on whether they'll ever make it.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:40 pm

stevetiger wrote:I don't see Milone as an issue. He isn't a first grade player and probably never will be but he had nothing to do with losing the last couple of games.

He is not a first grade player. We need someone who will contribute to the winning of games not contributing to the loss for God's sake.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:44 pm

I wonder with the changes coming from Wests if the junior rule (especially Balmain) will get thrown out the window?

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:22 pm

Watching the replay again - his effort on both tries for their #22 was awful.
First - the bomb in the first minute, doesn't try to catch the ball at all (neither does Rankin), the rest is history.
The second one he gets caught ball watching and is way too far inside his opposite man, who is in turn able to draw the winger and put #22 in.

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 12:09 am

He's the Jack Buchanan of centres
One of my sources is Pascoe