Are we an oridinary side or victims?

GNR4LIFE

Are we an oridinary side or victims?

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:26 pm

Every week i hear that we're a terrible side, yet at the same time hear calls of conspiracies against us. People will call for JT's head, but say the ref is on the take. My opinion, you can't have it both ways. It's no secret that ref's will be harder on weaker teams, and if we're always complaining about our fortunes, maybe that's the answer. because when was the last time we weren't a weak team?

When was the last time you heard someone say ''they aren't a very good team, but they have great discipline''?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:29 pm

I think we are a middle of the road team that is on a run of outs that is hiding the fact that we're actually pretty good. I think we'll end up 7th to 10th this year and I expect 3 to 4 wins from our next 4 games before getting handily slaughtered by the Broncos.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:38 pm

I say a bit of both. We can be very ordinary at times, whether its due to lack of discipline, experience or mental toughness. Then there's the shocking calls we never get to go our way. God, if it was Toovey or Hasler they would of had a memorable press conference by now, one for the ages.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:42 pm

There's a middle ground you know, you don't have to be either a crap team or bad ref calls......it wasn't ill discipline that had anything to do with the no penalty try, it wasn't ill discipline that caused Moses to trip on the leg of that Storm player and it wasn't ill discipline that knocked Teddy on the head, doesn't award a penalty, but still gets put on report apparently, it certainly wasn't ill discipline that led to the Storm scoring off forward passes.

Yeah sure we certainly didn't take opportunities and some of the 5th tackle "options" were awful, the constant bombing that just wasn't working and then there's the lack of leadership at times on the field......

It's a mixed bag.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:46 pm

The journos were trying to het JT to bite around some of those decisions. The quote was, "you are taking me somewhere I am not allowed to go". He should have gone there and gone hard. Simonas suspension, 2 balls on the field, the forward pass calls today. There has to be an investigation!!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:47 pm

We aren't a terrible team and that is why the coach should cop it. We aren't playing to our potential.

In stating that we had plenty of chances to win that game and the players stuffed it.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:52 pm

That is a fair summary stevetiger. The coach has to go because he can't get the team to play to its potential.

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:53 pm

We are an ordinary side. As much as we want them to better we just don't have the cattle to beat the top sides. We aren't winners yet, We get close but can't finish off sides. To be honest i can only see us winning 3 or 4 more games this year. Knights, Titans, Dragons and maybe the Raiders in the last round. I don't want to be all doom and gloom but just honest.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 7:59 pm

Sometimes I think that it would be $10,000 well spent.
I wonder if JT could claim this as a tax deduction?
Last edited by bathursttiger on Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:02 pm

Today probably both, but generally we are ordinary with flashes of brilliance.
Until someone can control this team through a controlled kicking game we'll continue to be ordinary.
Our kicking is atrocious and has been since Scott Prince departed imo.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:04 pm

We are a very ordinary side .
Too many plodders , too many rookies ,poor coaching , poor on field leadership .poor decision making etc ......
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:05 pm

I say that our main problem is that we are carrying two young, inexperienced halves. Sure, they have talent but when it comes to a pressure situation in a first grade match they still don't know how to deal with it. They will come good with experience but the club will (if these two sign up in June) have to bear the pain of their inexperience.l

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:05 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:That is a fair summary stevetiger. The coach has to go because he can't get the team to play to its potential.
Really? Just really? The coach is fine, the players are fine for the financial situation the club is in. The boys tried hard and should have won today I'd it wasn't for poor decisions. I don't usually put blame on the ref but this is really hard to swallow. There is clearly something wrong with the system.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:13 pm

Please don't blame the referees. We had our chances and weren't good enough. Our negative high ball under instruction was so predictable that we deserved to lose. The coach is not fine and has to go so we can get the best out of this side.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:19 pm

We will finish 13th to 16th

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:22 pm

Tiger Tim wrote:We are an ordinary side. As much as we want them to better we just don't have the cattle to beat the top sides. We aren't winners yet, We get close but can't finish off sides. To be honest i can only see us winning 3 or 4 more games this year. Knights, Titans, Dragons and maybe the Raiders in the last round. I don't want to be all doom and gloom but just honest.
I agree. I think this is as good as the team can do. We're just a pretty crap team. We'll beat a couple of good teams but lose most our games.
We're about 6 good players off.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:22 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Please don't blame the referees. We had our chances and weren't good enough. Our negative high ball under instruction was so predictable that we deserved to lose. The coach is not fine and has to go so we can get the best out of this side.
Negative high ball ??

The first two aimed at Koroibete he didn't even contest

Tell me this , why did they then after that attack the fullback time and time again and not attack Koroibete and the debutant winger

We didn't even find out whether he could handle a high ball

That is a player issue , not a coach issue

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 8:27 pm

I think we are properly average, and not good enough to overcome when things go wrong.

At the moment a few things are going against us. At some other point in the year we will get a few things go our way and we will sneak a win we didn't deserve.

We should have probably won in golden point today.