Are we an oridinary side or victims?

stevetiger

Re: Are we an oridinary side or victims?

Unread post by stevetiger » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 1:47 pm

yeti wrote:I agree with Col here - yes we do have an appalling record in golden point games which surely shows our mindset. However, in this case, glaring errors from the refs put us into a golden point game that we should never have been in. One fewer error from the whistle blower and we have 2 competition points. It sucks!
It does suck. No one is stating anything differently but we've lost 5 in a row. You can't blame the refs for that. To his credit Taylor isn't blaming the refs either.

WestsSupporter

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 2:51 pm

We are good 1 through 5, 8 through 13 (give or take one or two), but our 6, 7 and some of our bench/depth players are as mediocre as they come.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 5:04 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:We are good 1 through 5, 8 through 13 (give or take one or two), but our 6, 7 and some of our bench/depth players are as mediocre as they come.
I reckon this is right as well. In stating that our halves can turn it on and play great footy. They can't though do it consistently. They need to do that if they want to be long term NRL players.

I think we have enough players to pick a decent bench as well. Taylor has not gotten this right just yet. It's less of an issue though than our halves.

shane2801
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by shane2801 » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 6:19 pm

magpiecol wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
Harvey wrote:The referees do not make any mistakes, just ask Tony Archer. He can defend the indefensible.
Are you perfect Harvey? It's very easy to referee from a lounge chair. I can guarantee it won't be too often this year or next that the Cowboys or Broncos will lose a game because of an unfortunate call. Good sides win whatever happens in the 80 mins.

What a load of crap!
When all somebody can do is blame the ref for any loss then they are really reaching. I stand by what I say Col. Good sides win, with or without referee bad calls.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

bathursttiger
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 7:25 pm

shane2801 wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
Harvey wrote:The referees do not make any mistakes, just ask Tony Archer. He can defend the indefensible.
Are you perfect Harvey? It's very easy to referee from a lounge chair. I can guarantee it won't be too often this year or next that the Cowboys or Broncos will lose a game because of an unfortunate call. Good sides win whatever happens in the 80 mins.

What a load of crap!
When all somebody can do is blame the ref for any loss then they are really reaching. I stand by what I say Col. Good sides win, with or without referee bad calls.
Good sides always get the rub of the green from refs, with al the 50/50 calls going their way that's how they win most of their games.
They also get the better refs that don't make as many mistakes, plus they are too scared to penalise Benny's boys or they'll ref state cup next week.

shane2801

Unread post by shane2801 » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 10:17 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
shane2801 wrote:

What a load of crap!
Good sides always get the rub of the green from refs, with al the 50/50 calls going their way that's how they win most of their games.
They also get the better refs that don't make as many mistakes, plus they are too scared to penalise Benny's boys or they'll ref state cup next week.[/quote

What a load of garbage. The better refs get the better games, not teams. Sure, most times the better teams are playing in those games and so they deserve the better refs. There is not current ref that goes out there intentionally favouring one side or another.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 8:11 am

shane2801 wrote:There is not current ref that goes out there intentionally favouring one side or another.
But let's blame the refs for us losing games. So the way to win games is to get unbiased refs. The reason we get biased refs though is because the NRL want us out of the comp so we really need to get rid of the NRL powerbrokers.

We now have a plan.

shane2801

Unread post by shane2801 » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 9:52 am

stevetiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:There is not current ref that goes out there intentionally favouring one side or another.
But let's blame the refs for us losing games. So the way to win games is to get unbiased refs. The reason we get biased refs though is because the NRL want us out of the comp so we really need to get rid of the NRL powerbrokers.

We now have a plan.
Surely your taking the urine?

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 4:37 pm

shane2801 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

We now have a plan.
Maybe. Do you think it'd work though ?

shane2801

Unread post by shane2801 » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 4:50 pm

stevetiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

We now have a plan.
I'd try anything at the moment Steve.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 4:59 pm

shane2801 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

We now have a plan.
I'd try anything at the moment Steve.
You and me both. I'm starting to go nutters with all these losses. Not that I wasn't nutters before but it's getting a lot worse.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 10:04 pm

Can someone explain to be why Adam Blair does not get penalised when in a Broncos or Melbourne jersey? When he was doing the same crap at the tigers he was giving away 3 penalties a game.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”