Moses's Body Language Is What You Want To See

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Moses's Body Language Is What You Want To See

Unread post by stevied » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 12:29 am

Mitch Moses's overall game has grown a lot since he came into first grade. He still makes mistakes with the ball and in defense and he is prone to the occasional brain explosion. All of this is expected from an attack minded young player who seeks to play what he sees and it doesn't alter the fact that he has established himself in first grade and that he will continue to improve. However, the main thing that impresses me is his self confidence and body language. He always seems upbeat and positive on the field and doesn't let mistakes affect his attitude or belief in his game. The missed field goal was a case in point. Obviously not happy (it was a bad miss and cost us the win), he simply shook his head, turned away and jogged back in position for the Melbourne tap kick. He has the attitude of a winner and it's what the team needs. He is a future captain but, unfortunately, unless his attitude is rewarded by some wins, he could be tempted to leave. Attitude, as much as ability, is what makes Tedesco and Moses the Tigers' two most valuable players and they have to be resigned at (almost) any cost.
Last edited by stevied on Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 2:37 am

I just wish his mindset and attitude was more mature than to snap an attempt on tackle 2. Still hasn't developed game management skills and still to steer us home in a tight game. He's pushing up to 50 NRL games as well as Brooks, they're yet to deliver on the massive investment we've put in them so far.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:14 am

tiga4eva wrote:I just wish his mindset and attitude was more mature than to snap an attempt on tackle 2. Still hasn't developed game management skills and still to steer us home in a tight game. He's pushing up to 50 NRL games as well as Brooks, they're yet to deliver on the massive investment we've put in them so far.
Perfect opportunity to take the shot for mine, with the quality of the attempt being the problem.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:44 am

I do not understand people complaining about it being on tackle two...its insane...what did they want us to do for three tackles?
He does come across as very upbeat and positive...his body lingo is good

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:51 am

If he kicks the fg he is a hero.Dont forget with 3 more tackles we could have dropped the ball in any hit up.The only thing he did wrong was to miss.

stevied

Unread post by stevied » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:57 am

Agree totally. He had all the time in the world after a wise decision to take the shot early in the tackle count. Unfortunately, he fluffed it but showed admirable coolness when he must have been very disappointed with himself.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 6:25 am

It will make him better... Bad Luck, but a good game by Mitchell today!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 6:40 am

tiga4eva wrote:I just wish his mindset and attitude was more mature than to snap an attempt on tackle 2. Still hasn't developed game management skills and still to steer us home in a tight game. He's pushing up to 50 NRL games as well as Brooks, they're yet to deliver on the massive investment we've put in them so far.
I believe I watched the Australian captain and one of our all time great players do a similar thing. Both young halves are learning and progressing well.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 7:11 am

He has come a long way and IMO a fair way still to go.
The maturity will follow as he goes further into his playing career.

The only thing i disagree with is the "Captain" material. I dont think he is, he is too feisty for mine and lacks that calm head required to lead a team.

You can be aggressive on field with your actions however have a lid on your mouth, like Woods

stevied

Unread post by stevied » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:00 am

And I think he will learn to temper his lip too. Unfortunately, Woods keeps his mouth too firmly closed most of the time and, other than his robust charges with the ball, has little presence on the field.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:09 am

formerguest wrote:
Perfect opportunity to take the shot for mine, with the quality of the attempt being the problem.
He missed. That to me sums up our halves. They have really poor execution and it needs to improve.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:12 am

stevied wrote:And I think he will learn to temper his lip too. Unfortunately, Woods keeps his mouth too firmly closed most of the time and, other than his robust charges with the ball, has little presence on the field.
Exactly. In chess a recognised psychological problem is when making a mistake is admitting it by returning the piece back ASAP or immediately next move, instead many will live with the mistake and it will be eventual downfall. In a team and professional sport a mistake should not be allowed to continue.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

dimitri

Unread post by dimitri » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:13 am

Right in front of the sticks, 15m out and time to make a cup of tea and yet....

...and his agent is pricing him at $800k.

Tell him he's dreaming.

dimitri

Unread post by dimitri » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:15 am

...can't fault the effort though.

To all players on the field. Especially Robbie.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:15 am

stevetiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
He missed. That to me sums up our halves. They have really poor execution and it needs to improve.
The very experienced Farah should have taken the field goal attempt but then again he wasn't captain to call the shots.

stevied

Unread post by stevied » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:16 am

And just to back up my comment, he was probably over confident. He will get it next time. At least he wanted the opportunity. Did Robbie or Brooks?

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:18 am

Newtown wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
The very experienced Farah should have taken the field goal attempt but then again he wasn't captain to call the shots.
I was wondering if his knee was okay to do big kicks, just remember he did that perfect grubber in goal. I love how he makes them stand up and perfectly weighted.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by mike » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:26 am

I thought he had a great game yesterday. I have been critical of him but yesterday it was the little things he did that impressed. Defence was also very good. I also liked his attitude, when the ball didn't come his way he let people know he was not happy.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”