Penalty try? & Tedesco hit

Russell
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Penalty try? & Tedesco hit

Unread post by Russell » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:40 am

I would think that - if Rowdy effort was not a penalty try then a penalty try will never, ever be given.

You can never be 100% sure that the try would have been scored, because it wasn't.
The point was, if was close enough, and the player interferes with the player in possibly scoring the try - it should be awarded.

I will be racked off if in the future if a penalty try is awarded.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:47 am

Russ,we have been around for awhile and I have played plenty of games where that particular interference with a player in pursuit of scoring a try and being held back is a penalty try every time...people will tell us the usual exscuses,Rowdy MIGHT not have got there,the video wasn't clear enough etc,etc,...He was INTERFERED with while not in possession of the ball,chasing the ball which he was quite entitled to do.. ..result PENALTY TRY....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:26 am

Russell wrote:I would think that - if Rowdy effort was not a penalty try then a penalty try will never, ever be given.

You can never be 100% sure that the try would have been scored, because it wasn't.
The point was, if was close enough, and the player interferes with the player in possibly scoring the try - it should be awarded.

I agree - that's about as blatant as the situation gets.
At least we got the 10 in the bin. Guerra did the same on one of the NZ Warriors backrowers a few weeks back and somehow managed to stay on the field.

yeti
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by yeti » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:51 am

Personally, I believe any doubt should go to the benefit of the attacking side. That then puts extra onus on the defending side not to deliberately foul.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:07 am

Same thing happened in the Warriors/Roosters game a few weeks ago and it was the same result. At least they were consistent which is all we ever cry out for.

I'm more filthy we took the 2. Had them a man down and we took the soft option. Can't stand how taking the two is a competition wide trend.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:10 am

Russell wrote:I would think that - if Rowdy effort was not a penalty try then a penalty try will never, ever be given.

A penalty try will be awarded probably by Badger against us

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:16 am

ricksen wrote:

I agree - that's about as blatant as the situation gets.
At least we got the 10 in the bin. Guerra did the same on one of the NZ Warriors backrowers a few weeks back and somehow managed to stay on the field.
I agree to all of this - happened right in front of me, Rowdy has cleared the defender, gotten position and the ball had taken a nice bounce. Without Kennar touching him, he would have taken it and planted before the winger got their.

In fact, at that first split second, I couldn't figure out how Rowdy had not scored, because his body position was near perfect, then I realised he'd been pulled.

So I'm ok with the call, so long as penalty tries are essentially never given again to any side, because if that wasn't a cert then I don't know what is. And all clubs should instruct their chasers to pull back, because you can defend 10 mins with 12 players.

Did you also see the nerve of Bellyache, looking for positives in the game, cheekily noting how his team played 10 mins with a player short, which was pleasing. Yeah you bastard you were lucky you didn't have another 10 mins with your team's new penchant for tripping.

Always finding new ways of cheating that Storm bastards.

tigerap
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:23 am

The way Melbourne Storm players played yesterday was typical of a Bellamy Coached side...their main objective was to cheat at all costs...preventing try's at all costs; blatant(not instinctive) tripping; leg twisting; deliberate tangling up with our players....all rubbish that has been introduced to the game by thw "wonder" coach Bellamy and his dirty grubby captain....The NRL has no one but themselves to blame as they continually fail to do anything about it...I'm amazed other coaches dont blow up about it...and criticize Bellamy and his players for how they go about it..there is no rule or fine against that!..

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 1:00 pm

Dont agree it was a penalty try, but the Teddy Hit couldve been pulled up by the video ref through play. But, they cant go back that far after the try was scored.

The Teddy incident couldve changed the outcome of this game. We had the momentum at that stage!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”