Tedesco going missing

GNR4LIFE

Tedesco going missing

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:12 am

2 weeks in a row we've had games in the balance in the last 10 minutes and had virtually zero involvement. The only time I saw him last night in the final 10 was when he took a hit up off a scrum. Don't want to be to critical of the only thing we have going for us but it's not good enough.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:25 am

I did notice that also. I think Warren Smith on Fox mentioned that when we had 6 tackles with only a couple of minutes to go on their line, it was tailor made for Tedesco.

He had another quiet game.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:29 am

Played injured last week and probably still seeing tweety birds flying around his head yesterday after that high hit yesterday!
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:30 am

Yeah I still strongly feel he's playing injured, is doing a lot of lateral running and looks pretty slow aswell as 50% involvement the last couple games

I'd give him a weeks rest

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:34 am

Bit hard to get involved when your 6 and 7 aren't doing much with the ball, also being knocked in the head didn't help the cause.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:34 am

He had a poor game but he isn't going to have a blinder every game.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:39 am

Had planned a set with Moses around the 30 minute mark but Farah decided to go left and pass to the ground.

Tedesco can't do it all himself, its up to the halves to take control at the end of the game, you can't blame him.

Maybe we have become the Eels who rely on their key players e.g Hayne and now Foran, they look completely lost without their key player and so do we without Tedesco.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:47 am

Its not him mate, its Taylor
The last interview i saw, Taylor said Teddy wants to be part of everything but he has been instructed to limit his involvement - (werent the exact words )

Here is the link
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... video.html

7.45 mark is the Audio about it
Last edited by Love the WestsTigers on Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:49 am

Teddy is playing injured, he is favouring that left knee something fierce. Im guessing he probably shouldnt have played last week.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:56 am

Storm's game plan was clever. They never kicked to him and deliberately rushed up on him in defence.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:20 am

Think we have jut lifted our expectations to the point where a normal game seems disappointing.

He got a couple touches at the end, but with little space or opportunity.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:25 am

Make no mistake - most teams have worked him out by now. His opportunities will become less as the weeks go by.

He is going to have to come up with alternatives to confuse the issue.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

Can't sustain that level of brilliance week in, week out. He's going to have quieter games. Shouldn't have butchered our two field goal attempts and we wouldn't be talking about this.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:23 am

Err did everyone miss the fact that he got concussed and went off for 10 mins for a head test?

That's two head knocks and concussion tests in 3 weeks people.

Do you just expect the bloke to get his head ripped off, get a medico test (and the issue with getting cold and warming down), then run back onto the field and win the game?

Well actually Teddy nearly did just that against the Sharks!
GNR4LIFE wrote:"Don't want to be to critical of the only thing we have going for us but it's not good enough."
Don't wanna be critical of the only consistently excellent player in the side who is being talked about for Australia and NSW rep honours, leading try scorer, leading tackle breaks, 2nd line breaks, 2nd line break assists, 4th try assists, 4th try saves.

Not good enough buddy, you gotta win all these games for us!

barra

Post by barra » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:29 am

Melbourne got good numbers on his side from what I noted. We must apply more pressure up the middle with harder running and quicker play the balls, pull their edge defenders in tighter leaving them skinny on the outside. Teddy only needs just a little extra room to work his stuff.

Just we did the first couple of games but that middle has gone AWOL since.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:48 am

jirskyr wrote:Err did everyone miss the fact that he got concussed and went off for 10 mins for a head test?

That's two head knocks and concussion tests in 3 weeks people.

Do you just expect the bloke to get his head ripped off, get a medico test (and the issue with getting cold and warming down), then run back onto the field and win the game?

Well actually Teddy nearly did just that against the Sharks!
GNR4LIFE wrote:"Don't want to be to critical of the only thing we have going for us but it's not good enough."
Don't wanna be critical of the only consistently excellent player in the side who is being talked about for Australia and NSW rep honours, leading try scorer, leading tackle breaks, 2nd line breaks, 2nd line break assists, 4th try assists, 4th try saves.

Not good enough buddy, you gotta win all these games for us!
Can't use concussion as an excuse, he was running off the field without assistance and actually looked filthy that he had to come off.

I understand all that he does, but one touch in the last 10 mins when we're 2 behind, it's not asking too much that we need more from him.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:52 am

barra wrote:Melbourne got good numbers on his side from what I noted. We must apply more pressure up the middle with harder running and quicker play the balls, pull their edge defenders in tighter leaving them skinny on the outside. Teddy only needs just a little extra room to work his stuff.

Just we did the first couple of games but that middle has gone AWOL since.
Most teams have Definetly worked out , that if they can keep him out of play as much as possible, then that equals a win for them ., as there's hardly anyone else that they have to worry too much about.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 2:34 pm

stevetiger wrote:He had a poor game but he isn't going to have a blinder every game.

I think you guys are only thinking about his attack, have you guys actually watched him closely off the ball? The bloke is a freak of nature how he covers both sides of the field two tackles in a row offensively and the work he does off the ball in defence is phenomenal.. Look at the two occasions he has left the field this year vs sharks, and storm tries were scored straight after he left field.. He is brilliant with how he organises both sides of the ruck with our numbers, this is a difficult job full backs have to be good at and he is great! Better than any other fullback I have analysed with that except slater!

1-2 of those floating bombs he took from Cronk too were phenomenal!
Yes in golden point he as our best player surely he to get plenty of ball, but it wasn't his fault, the TEAM stopped playing footy and just carted the ball forward for a shot at field goal!

Teddy although not electric, was great yesterday!