Honest opinion...take it or leave it...

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Honest opinion...take it or leave it...

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:21 am

I watched the game yesterday and I thought ,for a team made up of youth,reserve graders and a some NRL experienced players,the team did well...A big congratulations to the debutants and Milones defense was credable ....while everyone bags some of these players that get picked in the NRL side,people got what they asked for...Storm had a very good side on the field yesterday including SOO and Aust rep players,the likes of seasoned professionals Bromwich bros,Proctor,Finnucane and the very talented Munster...and here we are venting in some threads how 5 losses in a row and its all over red rover..the Storm should of beaten us by the length of the Randwick straight,but didn't,we almost beat them..
So for my opinion,give credit to the team for performing very well against a top quality side coached by a quality coach,only to be beaten in the gp is a huge credit to them to get that far..things will improve if the quality players in our side played quality football,some aren't there yet,but should be..I will leave who they are to your own opinion...well done to JT for preparing the young debutants for their first appearance...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:24 am

Some are carrying on like we lost 53 blot

We had a real dig... All you can ask

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:29 am

TrueTiger wrote:I watched the game yesterday and I thought ,for a team made up of youth,reserve graders and a some NRL experienced players,the team did well...A big congratulations to the debutants and Milones defense was credable ....while everyone bags some of these players that get picked in the NRL side,people got what they asked for...Storm had a very good side on the field yesterday including SOO and Aust rep players,the likes of seasoned professionals Bromwich bros,Proctor,Finnucane and the very talented Munster...and here we are venting in some threads how 5 losses in a row and its all over red rover..the Storm should of beaten us by the length of the Randwick straight,but didn't,we almost beat them..
So for my opinion,give credit to the team for performing very well against a top quality side coached by a quality coach,only to be beaten in the gp is a huge credit to them to get that far..things will improve if the quality players in our side played quality football,some aren't there yet,but should be..I will leave who they are to your own opinion...well done to JT for preparing the young debutants for their first appearance...
TT, we lost. We should have won. It is not good enough and it doesn't matter if we lost by 2 or 20.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:38 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:I watched the game yesterday and I thought ,for a team made up of youth,reserve graders and a some NRL experienced players,the team did well...A big congratulations to the debutants and Milones defense was credable ....while everyone bags some of these players that get picked in the NRL side,people got what they asked for...Storm had a very good side on the field yesterday including SOO and Aust rep players,the likes of seasoned professionals Bromwich bros,Proctor,Finnucane and the very talented Munster...and here we are venting in some threads how 5 losses in a row and its all over red rover..the Storm should of beaten us by the length of the Randwick straight,but didn't,we almost beat them..
TT, we lost. We should have won. It is not good enough and it doesn't matter if we lost by 2 or 20.

It may not be good enough in your opinion Paws,but if you haven't got top quality players playing against top quality players,then you get what you got,blame whoever you want,but we just haven't got the talent to replace the likes of Noofa,Simona,Woods...on that note the team yesterday did a really good job...

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:39 am

I will take that..my sentiments ...Taylor has to see out the season for everybody's sake.

rex2ce
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:46 am

Yesterday's effort proved beyond doubt that the team ARE playing for Taylor, whether that makes you smile or not, I'm not a supporter of Taylor, but he should see out the season for some stability in the club if nothing else.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:54 am

It was a top effort and the team showed a desire to play for each other, not sure about Taylor....

Benjirific

Unread post by Benjirific » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:16 am

No doubt that the players had a real dig yesterday, but again it was execution that cost us. Execution cost us last year and it continues to do so this year.

Extremely talented players are not improving under Taylor, so to me the decision is very simple. We're highly unlikely to play finals this year, but we can at least take a step forward by finding a coach or coaching staff who will improve out young players.

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:26 am

People who think coaches improve players are off the mark..a top shelf player will always struggle in a poor team... To be a good player you need other good players around you not necessarily a good coach ... See Adam Blair....see Will Hopoate

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:38 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wrong.

I can imagine one of your kids comes home with an Olympic silver medal, you say "should have won it pal, first is all that counts."

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:53 am

The man in the middle had more to do with the outcome of that game than Taylor or any other individual player. If the decisions that went against us had gone against Melbourne Bellamy would have been spitting chips in the press conference and today would be facing a fine. As if Cameron Smith would have allowed the ref to make that many wrong decisions against his side.
We were not given a fair crack to win that game by the standard of refereeing and consequentially we lost. The team played well and deserved better than what they got from the referees yesterday.

underdog
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:07 am

tigerap wrote:People who think coaches improve players are off the mark..a top shelf player will always struggle in a poor team... To be a good player you need other good players around you not necessarily a good coach ... See Adam Blair....see Will Hopoate
Yes, because Hasler and Bennett are TERRIBLE coaches. :mrgreen:

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 1:35 pm

underdog wrote:
tigerap wrote:People who think coaches improve players are off the mark..a top shelf player will always struggle in a poor team... To be a good player you need other good players around you not necessarily a good coach ... See Adam Blair....see Will Hopoate
Yes, because Hasler and Bennett are TERRIBLE coaches. :mrgreen:
UD,Bennett didn't set the world on fire at the Knights,Hassler has had his fair share of disappointments..
It won't matter who we get as coach,with the roster we have,we won't be finals contestants for awhile,we need at least 4 NRL quality players,2 backs and 2 forwards that will help this team become finals contenders.....we have talent and potential,but where has that got us at this point in time...

Chris
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by Chris » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 1:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:Some are carrying on like we lost 53 blot

1 point, 53 points, no real difference for some. A loss means they want blood. I cant wait till we win one game and they'll be labeling the team premiership contenders. #couchexperts #knowitalls #fickle

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 2:00 pm

OP almost had me with his enthusiasm but when a thread goes down a path of having to justify why Bennett and Hasler are anything other than great coaches then sorry but I can't see how you can have a logical discussion.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 2:15 pm

Chris wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Some are carrying on like we lost 53 blot

1 point, 53 points, no real difference for some. A loss means they want blood. I cant wait till we win one game and they'll be labeling the team premiership contenders. #couchexperts #knowitalls #fickle
As far as I'm concerned they're premiership contenders every year, I never write us off til we've lost 13 games.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 2:29 pm

After 16 seasons and only finishing in the top half of the Comp 3 times, I just get down on how long it'll take IF EVER, that we ever become a team that features regularly in Semis. When do we ever become a professional organization that recruits well etc?
It just seems like it's always "next year" for us. This Club from top to bottom has let us all down something enormous.

hank37w
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by hank37w » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 2:56 pm

Don't forget that with any sort of luck we should have won that match if a couple of decisions go our way.
Chris Lawrence could have had 2 tries if the Storm grub hadn't of held him back and the other one that was ruled a forward pass, but I'm sure wasn't, and then ironically the Storm grubs get a try off a dead set forward pass that they didn't even bother to look at.
The trip incident should have been a send off and during the time that they were down to 12 men, thay were way too smart for us and starve us of the ball for the 10 minutes and actually manage to score points off the back of a penalty.
We just need a few decisions to go our way and to get a bit smarter and it will eventually come together. THAT'S MY HONEST OPINION.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”