Siro

krayola

Siro

Post by krayola » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 3:20 pm

Much, much better performance from him yesterday. Not ground-breaking but something to build on and what he needs to deliver, at least, every week.

115m and 34 tackles iyw
One of my sources is Pascoe

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 3:40 pm

He was very good round as well, and last week was ok.

Our edge second rowers have been a strength this year.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 4:13 pm

I wish he would run harder. Maybe he doesn't have it in him, but he appears to be coasting on lots of his hitups.

Compare to Halatau who really winds up when he engages the defence, except he's a smaller fellow.

I reckon you get Siro to up his carry intensity 20%, you start to see him poke through tackles more and his offload comes into play.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 4:32 pm

He was good but I keep waiting for him to do something special or have a special game.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 4:45 pm

His problem is that he hasn't been on the field on a consistent level , always being out with injuries doesn't help your confidence in playing good on a consistent level .

I personally feel his nothing special and doesn't get his angle right when taking the ball up , doesn't bend the line and i can't remember the last time he had a line break . He did score a good Try against the Warriors in Round 1.
Yesterday he was O.K and did nothing wrong but at the same time nothing special .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

palms

Post by palms » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 4:57 pm

I thought he looked much more comfortable in the Lock role where he was able to show up anywhere for a hitup and not confined to one side. He was busy, which is a better sign from a player who tends to be quite apathetic. Hopefully a performance to build on for him.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:33 pm

I think he's been consistently good when fit, but never great. I dare say he'd have one of the lower missed tackle percentages in the club. However, he needs to get more involved.

I'd love to see a back assigned to follow him occasionally around and wait for an offload.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:36 pm

Ordinary player.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:37 pm

Didn't stand out to me

Can't keep using fitness as an excuse. If he's not going to give us his best due to injuries, why are we persisting with him then?

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 5:43 pm

Masterton wrote:I think he's been consistently good when fit, but never great. I dare say he'd have one of the lower missed tackle percentages in the club. However, he needs to get more involved.

I'd love to see a back assigned to follow him occasionally around and wait for an offload.
That is the thing Masterton - his strength is his off load. No one trails him / or is he not allowed to off load. If they are just going to try and turn him into a battering ram - he would just be wasted. I have always seen him as a SBW type or similar to young Cartwright but you need to have options to be able to off load.

We have enough battering rams - we need a ball playing / off loading forward that we don't have - I think he is it.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 6:11 pm

Russell wrote:
Masterton wrote:I think he's been consistently good when fit, but never great. I dare say he'd have one of the lower missed tackle percentages in the club. However, he needs to get more involved.

That is the thing Masterton - his strength is his off load. No one trails him / or is he not allowed to off load. If they are just going to try and turn him into a battering ram - he would just be wasted. I have always seen him as a SBW type or similar to young Cartwright but you need to have options to be able to off load.

We have enough battering rams - we need a ball playing / off loading forward that we don't have - I think he is it.
I reckon he can be as well but I think he might be too slow out wide. Maybe he should be moved to the lock forward role.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 7:01 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Russell wrote:

I reckon he can be as well but I think he might be too slow out wide. Maybe he should be moved to the lock forward role.
The only move required is to the ESL!

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 7:48 pm

Debut made in 2012 hard to think of another player who has been given that amount of time to adjust to FG without producing.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 7:57 pm

King of the plodders
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:45 pm

He's a lock or nothing IMO

Not saying I would pick him, but second row isn't his go. That's a good move for a kid who grew up playing centres, they are used to playing in a channel, have a strong side in A and D, deciding whether to take the tackle or have a go outside etc.... But he grew up a half. I had more faith in him when sheensius played him at 5/8 and Harry Potter whacked the 7 on him. We actually won occasionally back then lol

No, I don't think he should ever be in the halves, but he needs a license to roam and pass or he is a waste of a spot.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 8:53 pm

Snake wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Russell wrote:

The only move required is to the ESL!
In your opinion. You don't agree with me, and I don't agree with you. that makes GP.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:10 pm

The biggest problem with Siro is that the club played him as five eight, when he was always going to end up in the forwards.
This stuffed him up its not easy transforming into the forwards, at least the club is doing the right thing with Bailey.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 9:21 pm

This is another worn out debate. Overall, Sironen has been a disappointment and it's not all due to his injuries. He doesn't run hard and straight enough and his offload rarely comes into play. Maybe he just doesn't want to play in the forwards as he was a ball playing five eighth in the 20s.