Naiqama: "We're not that far off"

tsjonathan

Re: Naiqama: "We're not that far off"

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 9:51 am

willow wrote:Naiqama: "We're not that far off"

"It's not like we're getting smashed 50-nil each week," he said.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... ot_th.html

Not sure about you guys but that sentence infuriates me...true champions would never say that. You either win or you lose. Kobe Byrant just retired and he was damn tenacious about winning and you would never hear him saying crap like this...

It's like me apologising to my boss for being 5 minutes late..."it's not like i'm an hour late". If you're late, you're late. Just win for God's sake. We've all had to put up with this crap for too long as tigers fans...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 11:41 am

tsjonathan wrote:

Not sure about you guys but that sentence infuriates me...true champions would never say that. You either win or you lose. Kobe Byrant just retired and he was damn tenacious about winning and you would never hear him saying crap like this...

It's like me apologising to my boss for being 5 minutes late..."it's not like i'm an hour late". If you're late, you're late. Just win for God's sake. We've all had to put up with this crap for too long as tigers fans...
if i was 5 minutes late everyday, i'd say look im only 5 minutes late i reckon i can take a shorter shower and easily get in on time.

similarly, he's not denying theyre losing. he's just saying that theyre close to winning (not getting towelled up like the knights). find a knights player after this week who would say 'yeah we're pretty close.' cause i bet you wont and if you do theyre talking out their ass.

i never heard him say it was acceptable, just that they are close to winning and hopefully stringing a few together to put us in contention for the eight.

what would you like him to say?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 11:45 am

pHyR3 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

if i was 5 minutes late everyday, i'd say look im only 5 minutes late i reckon i can take a shorter shower and easily get in on time.

similarly, he's not denying theyre losing. he's just saying that theyre close to winning (not getting towelled up like the knights). find a knights player after this week who would say 'yeah we're pretty close.' cause i bet you wont and if you do theyre talking out their ass.

i never heard him say it was acceptable, just that they are close to winning and hopefully stringing a few together to put us in contention for the eight.

I'd prefer him not to say anything pHyR3.

It doesn't get much worse than losing to the knights. we've all put up with a lot with this team. Just win.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 12:13 pm

TJL wrote:I can't see where they'll get a win. They can't even win when the ref is on their side.
What year was that - obviously before my time and I am a dinosaur.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 2:50 pm

We actually are not that far off we lost to the Knights by 2 and Storm by 1. We have not lost by that much in any of our games. We are due a win soon.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Post by 851 » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 4:31 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

The knights beat us, there only win of the season, so just losing to the knights is unexceptable.
Go hard or go home

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 5:23 pm

tsjonathan wrote:

yeh agreed, i get where he's coming from but that's such a stupid thing to say.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 7:42 pm

Mon 18th April, 04:19PM

"We're in every game, so we know what we need to do to change it around.
Okay then, do what you know needs to be done and win for a change.

He is right in saying that we have been in every game though- there hasn't been 1 game this season where we have been totally outplayed and not without a chance of winning after 70 minutes. Eventually it will turn,just hope its this week or next or it will be too late in the season to be of much use

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 9:53 pm

851 wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

The knights beat us, there only win of the season, so just losing to the knights is unexceptable.
did he ever say it was acceptable?

hes answering the medias questions. you cant say 'just dont say anything' because that doesnt generate interest in rugby league. players have to help out the media (just look at darius boyd) and the media hopefully produces positive news. better this than some made up rumours about disharmony

edit: also the bit you guys conveniently missed out

"I can tell you, I'm going to be giving my all next week. We're hungry for a win and giving our all against Canberra."
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 4:19 pm

the late mike gibson was a passionate norths supporter.

he used to lament that norths snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

funny quote.

i have a similar feeling about wests tigers at present.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 4:24 pm

eyewonder wrote:the late mike gibson was a passionate norths supporter.

he used to lament that norths snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

funny quote.

i have a similar feeling about wests tigers at present.
At least the old Bears were perennial finalists. I'd kill to go as far as they did most yrs in the 90's.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 6:35 pm

I wonder what the players will come out and say next week?

But honestly as many have mentioned the tigers problems go far deeper than the players. We need an overhaul with the administration and get the cap in order. Recruit some knowledgeable respected individuals in the league community to change the whole culture.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 7:10 pm

Ah Kev a week is a long time in league, you got your 50 flogging.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 8:01 pm

Were not that far off..............getting a new coach
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 8:12 pm

KEV I THIN U NEED TO BIT UR TONGE.