Raiders Team

Post Reply
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Raiders Team

Post by willow » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 9:08 pm

1. Jack Wighton
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Sam Williams
7. Aiden Sezer
8. Shannon Boyd
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Frank-Paul Nuuasala
11. Josh Papali
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Luke Bateman
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Joseph Tapine
18. Clay Priest
19. Jarrad Kennedy
20. Mitchell Barnett


User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 9:13 pm

A few thoughts on some of their players...

Wighton is struggling at fullback. He's a centre. Raiders don't really have any other options for fullback though.

Lee is lucky to still be in the team.

Croker is dangerous in space, though his defence is vulnerable.

BJ and Rapana have developed a good combo - our boys will need to work hard to shut down.

Sezer has had a couple of bad games in a row - I think he'll be up for a big game this week.

FPN stinks, though he had one of his few good games last year against us at Leichhardt.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7949
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 10:09 pm

what happened to soliola?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 10:10 pm

willow wrote:1. Jack Wighton
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Sam Williams
7. Aiden Sezer
8. Shannon Boyd
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Frank-Paul Nuuasala
11. Josh Papali
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Luke Bateman
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Joseph Tapine
18. Clay Priest
19. Jarrad Kennedy
20. Mitchell Barnett
Players in bold are ones we have to watch out for.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 10:16 pm

tig_prmz wrote:what happened to soliola?
He broke his arm the week before last


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 10:24 pm

swag tiger wrote:
willow wrote:1. Jack Wighton
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Sam Williams
7. Aiden Sezer
8. Shannon Boyd
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Frank-Paul Nuuasala
11. Josh Papali
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Luke Bateman
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Joseph Tapine
18. Clay Priest
19. Jarrad Kennedy
20. Mitchell Barnett
Players in bold are ones we have to watch out for.
You left out Josh Hodgson and Paul Vaughn...Hodgson is probably their biggest threat on form.

Both Sezer and Wighton have been in fairly poor form. Shaun Fensom is no threat to anyone, he's just a workhorse. Rapana has been in red hot form and Papalii is always a danger if they can get him involved.

We're playing them at a time when they're beatable with some players down on form and Austin and Soliola out (not that we don't have our own injury dramas...)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39044
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 20 Apr, 2016 12:15 am

swag tiger wrote:
willow wrote:1. Jack Wighton
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Sam Williams
7. Aiden Sezer
8. Shannon Boyd
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Frank-Paul Nuuasala
11. Josh Papali
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Luke Bateman
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Joseph Tapine
18. Clay Priest
19. Jarrad Kennedy
20. Mitchell Barnett
Players in bold are ones we have to watch out for.
Boyd will run for about 400 metres and will carry 7 WT's players over scoring his double

I'd tempted to sign him and make him captain this week

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5491
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 20 Apr, 2016 9:32 am

happy tiger wrote:
Boyd will run for about 400 metres and will carry 7 WT's players over scoring his double

I'd tempted to sign him and make him captain this week
Ha it's amazing what can be achieved on a footy field even with just 10 brain cells. :lol:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21022
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 1:43 pm

Quality side looking side, but like us are good for a stinker.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 5:22 pm

FPN is out with Vaughan starting up front.

Post Reply