Nofo likely inclusion

Balmain Boy

Re: Nofo likely inclusion

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 3:18 pm

When the crows are circling on JAC yet we persist with picking other players ahead of him that's when the problems arise. His potential is clear, and he has more upside than any other winger currently at the club. Very much a Nathan Blacklock type match winner. His defence was solid on the weekend but yes he was over enthusiastic at times and made a few errors.

If we lose JAC because we played Milone instead then the fans will rightfully be demanding blood.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 3:19 pm

Every day I grow more and more weary.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 3:24 pm

I'd be bringing Nofa straight back for JAC without a doubt, but to lambast JAC for four errors, inferring he had some sort of shocker, would be wrong.
One was a bad pass from Naiqama after the intercept, another was him defending a kick.
Ignoring his try (basically catch and run), I was pretty impressed for a youngster playing his first ever game of FG. Defo something there to work with.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 3:25 pm

One more Sleep till our big game lads
All will be revealed then, as to who plays and who not

All im doing is praying for a win

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 3:30 pm

Tbh I don't think any of our other wingers would have scored that try. It was tapped way out in front of him and I doubt Rankin, Nofoaluma or anyone else would have been able to show the acceleration to get close enough to it to catch it.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 3:45 pm

I dont know where people are getting JACs stats from
NRL.com only shows 2 MT from 15 Tackles and no errors :?

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/p ... fault.aspx

barra

Post by barra » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 4:12 pm

I rate Nofo but not when he's below 100%.

His work rate and effectiveness really drop off then. I want him in the team but only when he is really firing.

JAC's enthusiasm and pace are excellent and I was looking forward to watching him play this weekend...

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 5:31 pm

willow wrote:Milone should be the first to go for sure. Something's just not right at Concord...
Taylor ???

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 5:55 pm

I have been biting my lip about Taylor but if he persists with a useless plodder like Malone ahead of someone with some raw ability like JAC I will be start calling for his demise rather shortly.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 5:58 pm

MacDougall wrote:Tbh I don't think any of our other wingers would have scored that try. It was tapped way out in front of him and I doubt Rankin, Nofoaluma or anyone else would have been able to show the acceleration to get close enough to it to catch it.
Milone has dropped at least two or three of those types in similar situations. Come on Jason be fair.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 6:03 pm

MacDougall wrote:Tbh I don't think any of our other wingers would have scored that try. It was tapped way out in front of him and I doubt Rankin, Nofoaluma or anyone else would have been able to show the acceleration to get close enough to it to catch it.
Rankin maybe, but Nofo would have swallowed that one - scored a more difficult one against NZW in week 1.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:04 am

After what i saw JAC do when in support of that line break last week, im not sure if he's got an ounce of a footballers brain in him.
That is a wingers bread and butter in that situation but he carried on like a prima donna english soccer player trying to jostle with the defender off the ball instead of just putting himself in a position to receive the pass, stuff like that at NRL level is unforgivable.
Talk about a butchered try.

And call me old fashioned or a killjoy but the way he carried on after scoring that try left a sour taste in my mouth, im all for being exited about scoring on debut but he carried on like an NFL/NBA star totally over the top. Buddy you're on debut, you haven't earned the right to carry on like that, if it was the match winning try in the last minute fine.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:11 am

ricksen wrote:
Rankin maybe, but Nofo would have swallowed that one - scored a more difficult one against NZW in week 1.
I'm not so sure. I thought Dave looked back to speed at the start of this year, but I reckon he has slowed considerably already. I love his tackle busts and offloads, but he won't be scoring too many runaway tries. I wonder if he might be an eventual backrow convert.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:38 am

barra wrote:I rate Nofo but not when he's below 100%.

His work rate and effectiveness really drop off then. I want him in the team but only when he is really firing.

JAC's enthusiasm and pace are excellent and I was looking forward to watching him play this weekend...
I agree Barra. I like to see JAC play first grade this week also. :supporter:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:43 am

Why cant we have a tall, strong fast and athletic winger like Corrie Oats. :cry:

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:25 am

TIGER wrote:After what i saw JAC do when in support of that line break last week, im not sure if he's got an ounce of a footballers brain in him.
That is a wingers bread and butter in that situation but he carried on like a prima donna english soccer player trying to jostle with the defender off the ball instead of just putting himself in a position to receive the pass, stuff like that at NRL level is unforgivable.
Talk about a butchered try.

And call me old fashioned or a killjoy but the way he carried on after scoring that try left a sour taste in my mouth, im all for being exited about scoring on debut but he carried on like an NFL/NBA star totally over the top. Buddy you're on debut, you haven't earned the right to carry on like that, if it was the match winning try in the last minute fine.
That's a pretty poor assessment it was Naiqama that butchered that try instead of heading away from Koro he should of headed towards Koro which would've freed JAC up, JAC could've then went inside or stayed outside and would've been in a position to score...

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:41 am

Masterton wrote:
ricksen wrote:
I'm not so sure. I thought Dave looked back to speed at the start of this year, but I reckon he has slowed considerably already. I love his tackle busts and offloads, but he won't be scoring too many runaway tries. I wonder if he might be an eventual backrow convert.
Wait, are we talking about the try JAC scored or the intercept?

cat-party

Post by cat-party » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 1:31 pm

JAC plays one game and suddenly everyone thinks he's a better choice then Nofa :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're all dreaming.