What should the club do?

marzie

Re: What should the club do?

Post by marzie » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:43 pm

Harvey wrote:
marzie wrote:Sack JT tomorrow, promote Sandercock as interim and look for a new head coach
Sandercock was giving the half time address. Has been sacked from super league and was assistant at the spoon winning knights last year. I will pass on him thanks
Kidwell then. Take your pick

RobWT

Post by RobWT » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:48 pm

I don't think much will change in regards to Taylor's future until Wests Ashfield takes control of the club and boardroom, not sure when that's meant to occur...
Taylor obviously needs to go and take a majority of this squad with him out the door.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:54 pm

1) Sack Taylor
2) Hire Ivan Cleary
3) Improve Team Selections
4) Try to improve the Roster on the fly: ET, Tanginoa.
5) Work with Farah on a farewell tour to England.
6) Resign and extend the younger players praying a coach like Cleary can improve their game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:59 pm

marzie wrote:
Harvey wrote:
marzie wrote:Sack JT tomorrow, promote Sandercock as interim and look for a new head coach
Sandercock was giving the half time address. Has been sacked from super league and was assistant at the spoon winning knights last year. I will pass on him thanks

Yes i can see the defensive coach working wonders as the head coach..im sure the current playing group will walk barefeat across broken glass then burning coal for him...

It needs to be from outside the current regime who we can afford and would be willing to come otherwise same same...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:07 pm

John Lang / Daniel Anderson combo to coach wests tigers for rest of the year.
couldn't be any worse than current predicament.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:08 pm

For starters, more accountability has to be put onto the players. They are a big part of the problem. They are lazy and content because they know they will never be dropped. This club is like bizzaro world. The players have run the place since the Sheens days. Enough is enough, i am sick of it. Don't care if your name is Milone or Tedesco, if you put in a stinker, suffer the consequences. And if they don't like it and want to leave then let them. The people in charge of this club need to grow brains and a set of balls and stop cow towing to these bunch of teenage girls who run out in our jersey every week. But, hey, can you really blame them? They're only going about it the way they were taught from such pure professionals like Marshall and Farah. One guy who has caused more trouble than Hitler during WW2, and the other, a guy who was just happy to play with his mates and went into his kitchen and had a cry when one of them told him he was leaving. I am over this lot, well and truly. There is a cancer that is being passed down through our playing roster and its up to the club if they have the brains to find the cure before the cancer is passed down to the next generation as well.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:21 pm

I was sparred from watching what sounded to be an embarrassing performance .

Wasn't able to watch the game as i was in the sticks with no reception.

I was disgusted to learn of the thrashing that unfolded , we deserve better.

Like i said it last year and i will say it again JT isn't a 1st Grade Coach and all the players could see it .
If this is a scoreline that players bust there gut for ? well i'll be damned .
He is weak even Potter had the balls to bench Benji , JT couldn't follow through with what he thought was the way forward for this Club in playing Robbie in Reserve Grade ,he doesn't demand respect and will never earn it . A Coach that believes in ACCOUNTABILITY doesn't keep rewarding players with 1st Grade selection week after week.
JT was nothing but a Budget Coach signing who didn't Coach a 1st Grade side for many years.

Yeah we have half a side that are poor but JT is the Boss and hasn't done anything to rectify the situation .
What a Joke i would be embarrassed to admit to anyone who i follow.....they would literally spit there Coffees out with laughter.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:25 pm

Show that they will not tolerate any more of this sub standard performances.
whether by sacking the coach/coaching staff, as well as dropping players, or instantly releasing them from their contracts.
Stern action is needed, not gently gently.

If no action is taken, wests-tigers will continue to be the laughing stock of NRL.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm at the point where I think Taylor needs to go but that's not a complete solution. That playing group needs to learn some lessons about pride and consequences.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:45 pm

I really think that contacts have to be placed on notice.
As said previously, players appear to be fixed on the $$$ not the guts/glory of bleeding for your mate!

OK, there's a few exceptions, but this is a team sport, one in and all in.

It all starts from the top - and I'm not seeing leadership.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:47 pm

We've all been saying for years that players need to be sacked for sub standard performances. Obviously Taylor deserves to be fired but can't be because of financial constraints. Clearly someone on the board needs to take control and tell JT that a a big part of coaching a first grade Rugby League team entails holding players to account. The fact that there is a lack of form or talent in the lower grades is beside the point. There just has to be consequences for poor performance and players have to be dropped. This should happen along with an edict that the future of players at the club is on the line if they don't change their attitude. Last night's debacle was about attitude and the lack of commitment within the playing ranks needs to be shaken up with some tough love. No more pussy footing around. I'd drop club untouchables such as Brooks and Sironen in a heartbeat.
Last edited by stevied on Sun 24 Apr, 2016 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:20 am

Sad thing is Sironen and Brooks wont even shine in NSW cup. Moses would prob get found out to but with the money they are on I doubt they will get dropped. Any ETA on Ballin recovering?

marzie

Post by marzie » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:45 am

Geo. wrote:
marzie wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Yes i can see the defensive coach working wonders as the head coach..im sure the current playing group will walk barefeat across broken glass then burning coal for him...

It needs to be from outside the current regime who we can afford and would be willing to come otherwise same same...
That's why I said 'interim' whilst interviewing for a new head coach

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:15 am

Maybe the club should go cap in hand to Mick Potter and apologise then beg to have him back in charge with a say in who he can choose from week to week. At least he was a budget coach that did really well until injuries wrecked our seasons hopes. Ok, ok...I know - ridiculous. But despair will do that to a bloke. Oh, and they should also bite the bullet and sack Farah. Just pay him the hell out. The poisonous culture needs to end.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:31 am

1.Get a new coach.
2. Let one of the under performing halves go.
3. Throw a bucket load of cash at Coote to play in the haves and mentor the one we keep.
4. Find a hard hitting second rower like Josh Jackson.
5. Find a decent defensive coach as Kidwell has done nothing over the past 3 years to improve our D.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 4:27 am

Forget TPA's

Take Harry's $1 million per season, sign Cleary, Toovey or Hasler and watch this club rise.

We have great individual players but a a craphouse team. Give either of them authority over our club and let them do the rest.

I've given JT up till now. Tiger Torch was right. He isn't the guy who is going to win us a premiership.

I wasn't convinced he was but i was willing to give him a shot. 8 weeks into his second season, it's clear as daylight.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 5:28 am

Well, I knew getting some sleep was more important than watching the rest of the game. Could not believe the scoreline though. We hadn't been playing that badly in the prior losses to even think we'd get smacked like that.

Really disgusting scoreline and the first half, which I watched, was fairly bad. The players certainly weren't as committed in defence as they had been. 5 losses on the trot and we only had a -9 points differential, so last nights scoreline was pretty damn disappointing. A loss is bad enough, but to dish that out is beyond the pale.

Clearly, the roster really isn't all that good for starters, talked up way too much and maybe with the 5 prior losses, we over achieved getting as close as we did? The slight tweaking most thought was required, might need an overhaul.

Quite frankly, if JT has lost the players........well, so what? the players actually need to be held accountable for a change and if they decided to play half heartedly because they don't like the coach, well they need to pull their heads out of the collective you know whats, because supporters and sponsors don't deserve it.

There needs to be more than a change of coach (not that that is financial viable anyway and fair dinkum, which coach would want to come to a club where it's players dictate proceedings??)

It's more than the coach, gone beyond him with that scoreline and I can't see how a new coach is going to change anything with this roster. The halves are overrated as is the hooker, the pack clearly isn't up for it and we have an out of position "winger" and a centre posing as an NRL player. The centre and the winger are JT's fault, the winger I can understand up to a certain point with the goal kicking.......the "centre", there's no excuse. Should those players be solely held accountable? no, look at the scoreline, this was a team "effort" and the team sucked.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 7:18 am

Tigerdave wrote:Well, I knew getting some sleep was more important than watching the rest of the game. Could not believe the scoreline though. We hadn't been playing that badly in the prior losses to even think we'd get smacked like that.

Really disgusting scoreline and the first half, which I watched, was fairly bad. The players certainly weren't as committed in defence as they had been. 5 losses on the trot and we only had a -9 points differential, so last nights scoreline was pretty damn disappointing. A loss is bad enough, but to dish that out is beyond the pale.

Clearly, the roster really isn't all that good for starters, talked up way too much and maybe with the 5 prior losses, we over achieved getting as close as we did? The slight tweaking most thought was required, might need an overhaul.

Quite frankly, if JT has lost the players........well, so what? the players actually need to be held accountable for a change and if they decided to play half heartedly because they don't like the coach, well they need to pull their heads out of the collective you know whats, because supporters and sponsors don't deserve it.

There needs to be more than a change of coach (not that that is financial viable anyway and fair dinkum, which coach would want to come to a club where it's players dictate proceedings??)

It's more than the coach, gone beyond him with that scoreline and I can't see how a new coach is going to change anything with this roster. The halves are overrated as is the hooker, the pack clearly isn't up for it and we have an out of position "winger" and a centre posing as an NRL player. The centre and the winger are JT's fault, the winger I can understand up to a certain point with the goal kicking.......the "centre", there's no excuse. Should those players be solely held accountable? no, look at the scoreline, this was a team "effort" and the team sucked.
Well said Tigerdave :oops: