Press conference

GNR4LIFE

Re: Press conference

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:29 am

Steve, i know you haven't been one of those. You've actually been one of the more reasonable anti-JT posters, even though we've butted heads a lot. Maybe not here, but take it from me, there are a lot of anti-JT posters on social media tickled pink atm.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:47 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm officially done with the spin. I've tried so hard these last few weeks to buy into all the talk during the press conference, but he lost me for good tonight. It's been an absolute disaster, and while last yr may have been tolerable if it were for the long term good, now it looks like we've just sunk even lower.

The club has some big decisions in the next couple weeks. Surely if we don't win in the next 2 or 3 weeks he's gone. It would be unheard for us to have the yr we had last yr, then for us to lose 8 or 9 in a row the next yr and we don't sack the coach.

In saying all that, each and every player deserve a big kick up the backside. The are as weak as pee. Something has to be done about the roster, a massive overhaul and cleanout is necessary. And i don't mean the Lovett's, Milone's, Rankin's etc. I am talking about the guys making the big bucks, that are suppose to be our marquee guys. The juniors we've invested much into. Brooks, Moses, Siro, Farah, even Woods. How much of our cap is invested in that lot? And 2 of them want 800k next yr? It's unheard of, we are a rabble, we're an embarrassment, and i hope somebody from the club reads this, because this crap has got to stop. Us supporters are sick of it. Especially those of us who drove 3 hours down the Hume Highway, to pay 30 dollars to sit in the freezing cold to endure that rubbish. Shame on those who allowed this club to sink to this low.

I was one of those supporters what a watse of 600 kilometres and 12 hours of my day to see the team put on that rubbish

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:54 am

tigerap wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm officially done with the spin. I've tried so hard these last few weeks to buy into all the talk during the press conference, but he lost me for good tonight. It's been an absolute disaster, and while last yr may have been tolerable if it were for the long term good, now it looks like we've just sunk even lower.

The club has some big decisions in the next couple weeks. Surely if we don't win in the next 2 or 3 weeks he's gone. It would be unheard for us to have the yr we had last yr, then for us to lose 8 or 9 in a row the next yr and we don't sack the coach.

In saying all that, each and every player deserve a big kick up the backside. The are as weak as pee. Something has to be done about the roster, a massive overhaul and cleanout is necessary. And i don't mean the Lovett's, Milone's, Rankin's etc. I am talking about the guys making the big bucks, that are suppose to be our marquee guys. The juniors we've invested much into. Brooks, Moses, Siro, Farah, even Woods. How much of our cap is invested in that lot? And 2 of them want 800k next yr? It's unheard of, we are a rabble, we're an embarrassment, and i hope somebody from the club reads this, because this crap has got to stop. Us supporters are sick of it. Especially those of us who drove 3 hours down the Hume Highway, to pay 30 dollars to sit in the freezing cold to endure that rubbish. Shame on those who allowed this club to sink to this low.

I was one of those supporters what a watse of 600 kilometres and 12 hours of my day to see the team put on that rubbish
Yeah I do feel for the guys that travelled. Just a day to forget for the club in general.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:00 am

Tiga89 wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Yeah I do feel for the guys that travelled. Just a day to forget for the club in general.
Today won't be forgotten for years to come I'm afraid.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:05 am

Tiga89 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Don't get me wrong this is not a highlight for me at all. This is bad.
I'm not trying to single out you or anyone else in particular. There's just a collective of people who have been long critics of JT getting satisfaction out of what's happening. Like they're happy their opinions were justified, rather than be happy to be proved wrong.
I don't think that is a fair comment. I think it's been much more a bunch of people supporting Taylor despite the stupid stuff that Taylor has been stating and the way the team has been performing.'

Speaking for myself I want us to win games. This is another low point for the club. I just hope that the club does something constructive to move us forward.

Signs aren't good. Taylor has shown to stick with the same players and rarely makes changes. Our attack is predictable now and Tedesco like today will continue to be markedn out of the game.

Opposition will continue to run at our sub par halves and our forward pack will get slower and show there lack of quality in futuregames unless a interim boss is put in very soon
I agree to some extent but how is an interim boss gonna stop our sub par halves getting targeted by opposition offences? How are they gonna make our forwards quicker and of a better quality? It ain't gonna happen without a miracle and a few pre-June 30 acquisitions to our squad. If you've got crap cattle you can't compete in this competition and we've got crap, overpaid uninspired comfortable cattle that know they don't have to perform to keep getting a run in 1st grade. Problem is we have no-one better from State Cup knocking on the door.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:35 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: I'm not trying to single out you or anyone else in particular. There's just a collective of people who have been long critics of JT getting satisfaction out of what's happening. Like they're happy their opinions were justified, rather than be happy to be proved wrong.
I don't think that is a fair comment. I think it's been much more a bunch of people supporting Taylor despite the stupid stuff that Taylor has been stating and the way the team has been performing.'

Speaking for myself I want us to win games. This is another low point for the club. I just hope that the club does something constructive to move us forward.

Signs aren't good. Taylor has shown to stick with the same players and rarely makes changes. Our attack is predictable now and Tedesco like today will continue to be markedn out of the game.

Opposition will continue to run at our sub par halves and our forward pack will get slower and show there lack of quality in futuregames unless a interim boss is put in very soon
I agree to some extent but how is an interim boss gonna stop our sub par halves getting targeted by opposition offences? How are they gonna make our forwards quicker and of a better quality? It ain't gonna happen without a miracle and a few pre-June 30 acquisitions to our squad. If you've got crap cattle you can't compete in this competition and we've got crap, overpaid uninspired comfortable cattle that know they don't have to perform to keep getting a run in 1st grade. Problem is we have no-one better from State Cup knocking on the door.

A new coach will more then likely rattle things up. You see it more than often in any sport that a new coach brings in a good term of results/performances. Our player's are trash but perhaps a new coach will instill better discipline and a bit of self belief in the side to get them to play to their potential and we may win a few games.

Cant do any worse then we are now! Anasta said on fox sports that he heard from a good source that Taylor lost the players. Hard to argue against that. Could do with another Mad Monday tumble down the stairs.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 6:41 am

willow wrote:No answers really, too big, too strong and didn't turn up mentally.

What a garbage press conference, he needed to actually show he is angry, he was no different there than what he is when we lose a close game, he needed to say something along the lines of 'there are some players who are just not quite up to it at the moment', atleast something so us fans realise that he realises there are too many s*** players

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:00 am

What everyone seems to forget is, we just don't have the cattle to compete week in week out in this competition it's as simple as that. Individually were not good enough and collectively we're not.
We all knew this at the beginning of the year, so why are we so surprised? We are literally a one man team, TEDESCO. That's it!!!! and if our forwards get beat we don't get to run the TEDESCO plays and we are then in strife. We have nothing else and this isn't Taylors fault he's getting us to play to our strengths and unfortunately TEDESCO is our one and only strength.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:02 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm really finding it hard to understand what is with the ''i told you so's''. Do you guys want an award cos you were lynching JT before others? There are more important things than stroking your own egos atm.
Mate i know what you mean i am not and havent been a fan of Jt for quite a while. i am getting no pleasure of where we are now i would rather i had been wrong.Things need to change now.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:06 am

tigerlogic wrote:
willow wrote:No answers really, too big, too strong and didn't turn up mentally.

What a garbage press conference, he needed to actually show he is angry, he was no different there than what he is when we lose a close game, he needed to say something along the lines of 'there are some players who are just not quite up to it at the moment', atleast something so us fans realise that he realises there are too many s*** players
What good would that do? Seeing him angry might make you and a few supporters feel better but what good will it do to the team, other than to show that not only has the team lost control but the coach has too.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:18 am

TIGER wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:

What good would that do? Seeing him angry might make you and a few supporters feel better but what good will it do to the team, other than to show that not only has the team lost control but the coach has too.
I agree. This is time for some tough decisions to be made. I think this year is a write off already but we need to do something to try and turn it around.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 11:21 am

TIGER wrote:What everyone seems to forget is, we just don't have the cattle to compete week in week out in this competition it's as simple as that. Individually were not good enough and collectively we're not.
We all knew this at the beginning of the year, so why are we so surprised? We are literally a one man team, TEDESCO. That's it!!!! and if our forwards get beat we don't get to run the TEDESCO plays and we are then in strife. We have nothing else and this isn't Taylors fault he's getting us to play to our strengths and unfortunately TEDESCO is our one and only strength.
For sure. I cant comprehend that people cant understand that we dont havethe cattle. Full stop. If you dont have the cattle you cannot compete with top-class sides no matter who the coach is. We saw how great wondercoach Bennett went at Newcastle in his 2nd year there when he had average players, they were hopeless and Unca Wayne took the easy way out and bailed on the club and players so that he could go back to coaching a team chock-full of Origin players.
Having said that to be demolished by 60 against a pretty average Raiders side is unacceptable. We have massive problems with the coaching staff and playing staff- they are both substandard.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 11:32 am

Planting the seed for next weeks excuse. Short turn around....

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:21 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Planting the seed for next weeks excuse. Short turn around....
Maybe that is why they didn't turn up last night. Realised that they had a 5 day turnaround and so were conserving energy for the souths game.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:27 pm

Ok having heard they were not mentally prepared for this match who takes responsibility for this ?
The coach
Players
Support staff
Is this an admission of failure by our structures ? If so I can't see how we turn this around in 5 days but stranger things have been known to happen