Press conference

hobbo

Re: Press conference

Post by hobbo » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:34 pm

851 wrote:
cunno wrote:A complete contrast to last weeks conference when he said words to the effect that the fans should be pleased with the teams effort and have something good to look forward to.
I didn't buy that crap last week and was told by a few members of the Taylor fan club I had no idea.
The members of the Taylor fan club are a dying breed .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:47 pm

The writing has been on the wall since that debacle against the Cowboys last year. I have never bought this 'teaching the team structures' crap. The fact that the entire game strategy went out the window soon after that game showed the first half of the year (2015) up for what it was - a flawed approach which was going nowhere. And now its hard to know what the strategy is; none is evident.

Of course the players are probably just as much at fault as the coach; I struggle to think who can be proud of their season so far other than Lawrence. Teddy, Kevvie and probably Noffa. I have not had one negative word to say about Sirro as I really thought he was about to come good. Well I have given up on that hope after today. Just a total embarrasment.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:51 pm

851 wrote:
cunno wrote:A complete contrast to last weeks conference when he said words to the effect that the fans should be pleased with the teams effort and have something good to look forward to.
I didn't buy that crap last week and was told by a few members of the Taylor fan club I had no idea.
Easy on them Gibbo.......Some just take longer to recognize a crap Coach .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 10:56 pm

Newtown wrote:What a catastrophic coach. How far can the club sink?
I don't think we've hit the bottom yet. We allow ourselves to be outmuscled and bullied by bigger, physically stronger teams all too often. We don't get in the grind enough and know how to close out the tough, tight games and we don't have the facilities of the top clubs as far as training is concerned.

Champs05

Post by Champs05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:10 pm

willow wrote:
Newtown wrote:What a catastrophic coach. How far can the club sink?
I don't think we've hit the bottom yet. We allow ourselves to be outmuscled and bullied by bigger, physically stronger teams all too often. We don't get in the grind enough and know how to close out the tough, tight games and we don't have the facilities of the top clubs as far as training is concerned.
its not about training facilities. its about big aggressive forwards who can intimidate & belt the opposition. we don't have any players with mongrel that fight for every play. We are basically soft.until that culture changes ,results will remain the same. win a few and lose a lot.

Post by 851 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:12 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
851 wrote:
Easy on them Gibbo.......Some just take longer to recognize a crap Coach .
You might be right mate.
Go hard or go home

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:25 pm

The press conference was dull and colorless just like JT.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm officially done with the spin. I've tried so hard these last few weeks to buy into all the talk during the press conference, but he lost me for good tonight. It's been an absolute disaster, and while last yr may have been tolerable if it were for the long term good, now it looks like we've just sunk even lower.

The club has some big decisions in the next couple weeks. Surely if we don't win in the next 2 or 3 weeks he's gone. It would be unheard for us to have the yr we had last yr, then for us to lose 8 or 9 in a row the next yr and we don't sack the coach.

In saying all that, each and every player deserve a big kick up the backside. The are as weak as pee. Something has to be done about the roster, a massive overhaul and cleanout is necessary. And i don't mean the Lovett's, Milone's, Rankin's etc. I am talking about the guys making the big bucks, that are suppose to be our marquee guys. The juniors we've invested much into. Brooks, Moses, Siro, Farah, even Woods. How much of our cap is invested in that lot? And 2 of them want 800k next yr? It's unheard of, we are a rabble, we're an embarrassment, and i hope somebody from the club reads this, because this crap has got to stop. Us supporters are sick of it. Especially those of us who drove 3 hours down the Hume Highway, to pay 30 dollars to sit in the freezing cold to endure that rubbish. Shame on those who allowed this club to sink to this low.

Well said. The lack of commitment and quality ever since JT took over has been evident. We have 3-4 first graders the rest are park footballers. Absolutely useless and I am sick of hearing "We are improving" or "we have been unlucky". Lol our team is garbage....Results dont lie and Moses fluffing ab field goal 20 out with no pressure goes to show how unconfident and pittiful we are.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:50 pm

And I was criticised for saying our forwards are garbage and was told "Seu" is a beast , "Moses is quality"....They arent even first graders! Havnt strung any good games together in 2 seasons....No wonder Brooks and Moses are going to stay because no one wants them!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm officially done with the spin.
You aren't exactly quick but it's good to see if finally sink in.
GNR4LIFE wrote:It's been an absolute disaster, and while last yr may have been tolerable if it were for the long term good, now it looks like we've just sunk even lower.
It was always spin and I'm not trying to be slack but only stupid people buy that stuff.

To be fair it's what some people want to hear. We need to get the right structures in place. It's just about attitude. You just have to believe.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:04 am

Taylor is suited for lacrosse or cricket something where etiquette means something. He was the laughing stock at Souths and unrespected by players and does not give me confidence whenever I hear his yet to hit puberty voice speak and it is obvious the players don't find him inspiring

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:05 am

I'm really finding it hard to understand what is with the ''i told you so's''. Do you guys want an award cos you were lynching JT before others? There are more important things than stroking your own egos atm.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:10 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm officially done with the spin. I've tried so hard these last few weeks to buy into all the talk during the press conference, but he lost me for good tonight. It's been an absolute disaster, and while last yr may have been tolerable if it were for the long term good, now it looks like we've just sunk even lower.

The club has some big decisions in the next couple weeks. Surely if we don't win in the next 2 or 3 weeks he's gone. It would be unheard for us to have the yr we had last yr, then for us to lose 8 or 9 in a row the next yr and we don't sack the coach.

In saying all that, each and every player deserve a big kick up the backside. The are as weak as pee. Something has to be done about the roster, a massive overhaul and cleanout is necessary. And i don't mean the Lovett's, Milone's, Rankin's etc. I am talking about the guys making the big bucks, that are suppose to be our marquee guys. The juniors we've invested much into. Brooks, Moses, Siro, Farah, even Woods. How much of our cap is invested in that lot? And 2 of them want 800k next yr? It's unheard of, we are a rabble, we're an embarrassment, and i hope somebody from the club reads this, because this crap has got to stop. Us supporters are sick of it. Especially those of us who drove 3 hours down the Hume Highway, to pay 30 dollars to sit in the freezing cold to endure that rubbish. Shame on those who allowed this club to sink to this low.
Well summed up. This is Pascoe and O'neils time to shine. These are the times guys in those positions turn clubs around. By making those big decisions, making them the correct ones, and making them happen!
Let us all hope they are up to it. This club needs them to!

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:14 am

O'Neill was in the box behind JT to. Witnessed it all first hand. Hopefullyb that is enough to force his hamd

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:15 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm really finding it hard to understand what is with the ''i told you so's''. Do you guys want an award cos you were lynching JT before others? There are more important things than stroking your own egos atm.
Don't get me wrong this is not a highlight for me at all. This is bad.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:21 am

stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm really finding it hard to understand what is with the ''i told you so's''. Do you guys want an award cos you were lynching JT before others? There are more important things than stroking your own egos atm.
I'm not trying to single out you or anyone else in particular. There's just a collective of people who have been long critics of JT getting satisfaction out of what's happening. Like they're happy their opinions were justified, rather than be happy to be proved wrong.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:24 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
I'm not trying to single out you or anyone else in particular. There's just a collective of people who have been long critics of JT getting satisfaction out of what's happening. Like they're happy their opinions were justified, rather than be happy to be proved wrong.
I don't think that is a fair comment. I think it's been much more a bunch of people supporting Taylor despite the stupid stuff that Taylor has been stating and the way the team has been performing.

Speaking for myself I want us to win games. This is another low point for the club. I just hope that the club does something constructive to move us forward.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:29 am

stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
I don't think that is a fair comment. I think it's been much more a bunch of people supporting Taylor despite the stupid stuff that Taylor has been stating and the way the team has been performing.

Speaking for myself I want us to win games. This is another low point for the club. I just hope that the club does something constructive to move us forward.

Signs aren't good. Taylor has shown to stick with the same players and rarely makes changes. Our attack is predictable now and Tedesco like today will continue to be markedn out of the game.

Opposition will continue to run at our sub par halves and our forward pack will get slower and show there lack of quality in futuregames unless a interim boss is put in very soon