Disgraceful

Tigermama

Disgraceful

Post by Tigermama » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:30 pm

What a disgraceful display they dished up for us, on this special long Anzac Day weekend.
The team has No pride, No imagination No guts. JT why is Milone in the team? He's so ineffectual. Why wasn't JAC in the team? We certainly needed his speed.
Why do you play Rankin on the wing? He's not a winger. Is it because he's the only one that can kick goals? If that's the only reason, it's a bad decision.
Why didn't the boys come out in the second half inspired and willing to at least have a dig?
Why is our defence getting worse instead of improving?
Why the ill discipline and terrible ball control?
What do you do at training Mr Coach, why aren't you addressing and fixing these problems?
You said we have better depth this season, with some of the players you signed, but why aren't you picking them and dropping the under performers.
Our halves are awful, our forwards have no menace in them.
We've had alot of bad performances over the years but tonight takes the cake.
We truly are an embarrassment. This lack of pride for the jersey hurts. :(
Time for some changes.

Champs05

Post by Champs05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:37 pm

Tigermama wrote:What a disgraceful display they dished up for us, on this special long Anzac Day weekend.
The team has No pride, No imagination No guts. JT why is Milone in the team? He's so ineffectual. Why wasn't JAC in the team? We certainly needed his speed.
Why do you play Rankin on the wing? He's not a winger. Is it because he's the only one that can kick goals? If that's the only reason, it's a bad decision.
Why didn't the boys come out in the second half inspired and willing to at least have a dig?
Why is our defence getting worse instead of improving?
Why the ill discipline and terrible ball control?
What do you do at training Mr Coach, why aren't you addressing and fixing these problems?
You said we have better depth this season, with some of the players you signed, but why aren't you picking them and dropping the under performers.
Our halves are awful, our forwards have no menace in them.
We've had alot of bad performances over the years but tonight takes the cake.
We truly are an embarrassment. This lack of pride for the jersey hurts. :(
Time for some changes.
BECAUSE HE IS CLUELESS !!!

foreverbalmain

Post by foreverbalmain » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:42 pm

Disgraceful is the right word.

What they have put up tonight is leading me to not turn up to any more matches. Being a Victorian, that won't be too hard. I had planned on 3 more trips north, but might just save the time and money and start watching netball. At least those girls put in.
Stand on the bar, stomp your feet, get clapping
Got a real good feeling something bad about to happen

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:47 pm

Yep. It's very hard to argue against any of those points.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:05 am

Let's hope after tonight's embarrassment, they will fire up next week against the Rabbitohs.
But I won't hold my breath.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:31 am

Tigermama wrote:Let's hope after tonight's embarrassment, they will fire up next week against the Rabbitohs.
But I won't hold my breath.
I don't think so Mama. If Taylor is coach next week it will be the same non-spirited, leaderless side selected and coached by the clueless. Any spirit and talent left is diminished and wasted on a weekly basis.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:41 am

As filthy as i am, maybe this is what the club needed to finally wake up and claim accountability. To borrow a quote from The Dark Knight (paraphrasing obviously) ''Tonight's loss was a loss us fans needed, but not the loss we deserved''.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:46 am

Unfortunately wholesale changes aren't possible although warranted due to the garbage dished up. As has been stated before, there's only so many you can play in a year. Sad but true. A few in the top 25 that have been included this year are absolute duds.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:47 am

I agree, that performance was truly disgraceful, mainly due to the complete lack of commitment from the side. A lack of pride in the jumper is a telling factor against the coach.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:50 am

That result was overdue .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:05 am

We just have no threats anywhere on the park atm. Even Tedesco has been neutralized the last couple weeks. I've noticed guys like he and Milford really being targeted physically lately, it hasn't stopped Milf, Ted on the other hand has been very quiet as a result. Opposition coaches must have the most relaxing night's sleep in the week leading up to us. What kind of threat are we? ''All we have to do is contain Tedesco and they'll fold''. Hell, maybe not even that, cos Ted has played the house down some weeks and we've still lost. Maybe they're happy for him to do that cos they know we have nothing else, and as good as Ted is, he's not going to beat us on his own.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:56 am

What I was disappointed in was when in mid first half we were attacking their goal line and throwing the ball out wide that nobody was running forward to catch the ball. We lost about 20 metres going backwards. I don't think it had anything to do with Robbie, the defence was not up on them early for that set their heart was not just in it. I think last weeks bad ref decisions cut them up so much - what is the use of trying when Lawrence was dragged off the ball and Tedesco is virtually knocked out.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 2:09 am

Can't believe the number of times this year already that our sweeping back-line movement has a pass thrown behind the runner out wide, or miles in front. Just hit the target for gods sake. It's not that hard. You blokes have had around 10 - 15 years to practice this stuff.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 7:42 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:We just have no threats anywhere on the park atm. Even Tedesco has been neutralized the last couple weeks. I've noticed guys like he and Milford really being targeted physically lately, it hasn't stopped Milf, Ted on the other hand has been very quiet as a result. Opposition coaches must have the most relaxing night's sleep in the week leading up to us. What kind of threat are we? ''All we have to do is contain Tedesco and they'll fold''. Hell, maybe not even that, cos Ted has played the house down some weeks and we've still lost. Maybe they're happy for him to do that cos they know we have nothing else, and as good as Ted is, he's not going to beat us on his own.
It hasn't stopped Milf because he plays behind one of the best defensive sides in the comp. They don't hand over free ball, leak points - gives him plenty of front foot to attack with.

It becomes too hard for Tedesco, when oppositions absorb our first few salvos, we resort to just chucking him the ball and hoping. Oppositions flood him, Canberra must have put 4 defenders on him every time, and having held 70% of the ball, Raiders weren't tired and could afford to swarm him. He still made, what, 8 tackle breaks? Even fending guys off whilst he is lying on the ground.

halifax tiger

Post by halifax tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 7:50 am

what a shambles that was.surely got to get rid of the idiot.nothing there is there? likes of sironen,brooks,moses etc just going through the motions to me. dont get me started with wankin sorry rankin. why ? pissed off :deadhorse:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 7:58 am

We looked dangerous going wide early, but Canberra adapted well and shut that down quick
As wd in Perth said... We are restricted to an extent to the amount of changes we can make... And can anyone realistically see us paying out another coach for another 18 months?
Screwed we are

DWC

Post by DWC » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:39 am

jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:We just have no threats anywhere on the park atm. Even Tedesco has been neutralized the last couple weeks. I've noticed guys like he and Milford really being targeted physically lately, it hasn't stopped Milf, Ted on the other hand has been very quiet as a result. Opposition coaches must have the most relaxing night's sleep in the week leading up to us. What kind of threat are we? ''All we have to do is contain Tedesco and they'll fold''. Hell, maybe not even that, cos Ted has played the house down some weeks and we've still lost. Maybe they're happy for him to do that cos they know we have nothing else, and as good as Ted is, he's not going to beat us on his own.
It hasn't stopped Milf because he plays behind one of the best defensive sides in the comp. They don't hand over free ball, leak points - gives him plenty of front foot to attack with.

It becomes too hard for Tedesco, when oppositions absorb our first few salvos, we resort to just chucking him the ball and hoping. Oppositions flood him, Canberra must have put 4 defenders on him every time, and having held 70% of the ball, Raiders weren't tired and could afford to swarm him. He still made, what, 8 tackle breaks? Even fending guys off whilst he is lying on the ground.
+1

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:51 am

wd in perth wrote:Can't believe the number of times this year already that our sweeping back-line movement has a pass thrown behind the runner out wide, or miles in front. Just hit the target for gods sake. It's not that hard. You blokes have had around 10 - 15 years to practice this stuff.
I'm not defending them in any way and the team should be adjusting accordingly but this year for some strange reason i'm noticing teams rushing up a lot more in defense stifling attacking sweeps like that.

Still they need a gameplan around this.