Nofo: Some tips on diving

notarealtiger

Re: Nofo: Some tips on diving

Post by notarealtiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 9:37 am

I think the biggest problem is his defense when our line is being attacked. There's just no reason to rush up, made easy pickings for GI, who could've even run through that massive hole himself instead of giving it to Nielson.

Still, can't be too mad. Always makes critical runs out of our own half, and is a great finisher. Used to be extremely safe under the high ball, not so much anymore.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:27 am

He's just an average winger these days and his spot in the team should certainly by wide open and based on form and merit.

He's still a very good finisher, and makes excellent metres from dummy half, but, he's a massive liability in defence and under the high ball.

He's most likely considerably overpaid too. I'd guess $300k? For an injury prone player who hasn't really improved in the past few years you'd have to start questioning whether he'll ever be more than an inconsistent and average winger.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:40 am

Nofo needs to be on special teams - we run him out for the attack then sub him off in defence. He has the maddest brain explosions of anyone on the roster.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 07 May, 2016 10:44 am

innsaneink wrote:1. If youre going to pretend to be hurt - stay down

2. If a few personal insults from the opposition offend you while performing this tactic, then this tactic probably isnt for you....a quick play the ball the better option

3. Do not throw the ball away...we value possesion...please retain it.

4. Harden up you pussy, that was embarrassing
This is how it's done:

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Sat 07 May, 2016 11:18 am

I think Nofo needs a masterclass...

Maggot off a chop.. :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 07 May, 2016 2:05 pm

Geo. wrote: Maggot off a chop.. :lol:
We're going to need to start penalising diving soon

this game is losing it

Fordy20

Post by Fordy20 » Sat 07 May, 2016 2:37 pm

I can't believe what I'm reading. Nofo is poor defensively? Look at who he's defending outside, the king of rushing in and missing his man Kevin "Fresh Prince" Naiqama. If his defence is so suspect, put him outside Simona and watch the poor bloke who replaces him on that edge struggle. It's like Blake Ayshford being blamed for Cronulla's edge defence all over again.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 May, 2016 5:22 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
innsaneink wrote:1. If youre going to pretend to be hurt - stay down

2. If a few personal insults from the opposition offend you while performing this tactic, then this tactic probably isnt for you....a quick play the ball the better option

3. Do not throw the ball away...we value possesion...please retain it.

4. Harden up you pussy, that was embarrassing
This is how it's done:

Your picking on an old Ipswich boy Gary

Tread carefully :lol:

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by westTAHger » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:23 am

Won't be long before a player who takes a dive, is sent to the sin bin for 5 min.
The NRL are telling us, that not many young people are playing the game.
Can you blame them, when you see this happen?
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by westTAHger » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:24 am

Winnipeg wrote:
Geo. wrote: Maggot off a chop.. :lol:
We're going to need to start penalising diving soon

this game is losing it
I agree, and off to the sin bin for 5 minutes. :idea:
Watch it stop very quickly
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:34 am

Don't know if it's true but I heard that Jamie Lyon visited the Italian soccer training camp in the off season

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:36 am

Fordy20 wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading. Nofo is poor defensively? Look at who he's defending outside, the king of rushing in and missing his man Kevin "Fresh Prince" Naiqama. If his defence is so suspect, put him outside Simona and watch the poor bloke who replaces him on that edge struggle. It's like Blake Ayshford being blamed for Cronulla's edge defence all over again.
Totally disagree.

Kev runs in to stop the play when he has to - he can't trust his winger to tackle a wet paper bag.

It was the same with Rowdy getting blamed for Koro's ineptitude.

Trouble is Kev and previously Rowdy get left with defending against two players.

AND are you telling me Nofo never runs in? - that is the reason half the tries are scored down that side.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 15 May, 2016 11:06 am

Do not know about diving, but I think Nofo is probably the player under the most pressure to retain his spot. If Hunt has a blinder at no1 and Rankin continues to improve, Nofo might be under some real pressure once Teddy returns. Nono these days is a rocks and diamond type player, just not enough consistency in his game. Don't get me wrong nothing better than seeing Nofo when he is on his game....but

Fordy20

Post by Fordy20 » Wed 18 May, 2016 6:42 pm

Russell wrote:
Fordy20 wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading. Nofo is poor defensively? Look at who he's defending outside, the king of rushing in and missing his man Kevin "Fresh Prince" Naiqama. If his defence is so suspect, put him outside Simona and watch the poor bloke who replaces him on that edge struggle. It's like Blake Ayshford being blamed for Cronulla's edge defence all over again.
Totally disagree.

Kev runs in to stop the play when he has to - he can't trust his winger to tackle a wet paper bag.

It was the same with Rowdy getting blamed for Koro's ineptitude.

Trouble is Kev and previously Rowdy get left with defending against two players.

AND are you telling me Nofo never runs in? - that is the reason half the tries are scored down that side.
Nofo has to run in when his centre runs in. He doesn't have a choice. Besides, Kev doesn't run in when he has to, he rushes up all the time! Often for no good reason and usually doesn't hit anyone, let alone stick and complete the tackle. Poor Nofo is then stuck defending a two man overlap. It's cos of Kev that the Dogs targeted his edge on the weekend, even with Lovett playing out of position in the centres on the other edge.