Another loss...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Re: Another loss...

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 5:15 pm

I'd say another loss is coming on Thursday , but when the hell another win is coming has got me stuffed

Thank Christ for byes

2017 maybe in a trial game


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 5:27 pm

Well I was completely confident of a win against the raiders. So best not take my advice.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33160
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 6:02 pm

Souths forward pack will toy with us, we won't handle them in the middle of the field and it will probably result in another blow out to be honest.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7205
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 6:33 pm

We are going to play plenty of teams back into form this year. The bunnies have been on struggle street most of the year but Thursday will see them run riot. At the start of the year I said any team that rips and tears up the guts will have a picnic against us and now every team in the comp now have the road map after the Canberra game

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3572
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 6:37 pm

Normally i would say we would beat the knights for a win but since we have lost the last 3 against them i am not confident.This week we have buckleys against souths


LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 6:58 pm

I know it's a big call. In fact, a massive call. But, apart from that result last week, we've either won or been competitive in each game. I am hoping that what I saw in previous rounds can return this week. But, if not, and we cop another drubbing, surely someone has to call coaching and systems into account?

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 7:22 pm

Well if the raiders pack were too big and too fast then I expect more of the same

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 7:25 pm

LCA wrote:I know it's a big call. In fact, a massive call. But, apart from that result last week, we've either won or been competitive in each game. I am hoping that what I saw in previous rounds can return this week. But, if not, and we cop another drubbing, surely someone has to call coaching and systems into account?
Read the "what I know" thread and there is a suggestion JT is not the right fit for the flamboyant roster at the club. To me, the presence of Rankin on the wing at the expense of JAC is an obvious example.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6479
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 8:02 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
LCA wrote:I know it's a big call. In fact, a massive call. But, apart from that result last week, we've either won or been competitive in each game. I am hoping that what I saw in previous rounds can return this week. But, if not, and we cop another drubbing, surely someone has to call coaching and systems into account?
Read the "what I know" thread and there is a suggestion JT is not the right fit for the flamboyant roster at the club. To me, the presence of Rankin on the wing at the expense of JAC is an obvious example.
Everyone except Taylor can see this, that is just one of the reasons for him to be punted, but there are plenty more. :(
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:29 pm

851 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
LCA wrote:I know it's a big call. In fact, a massive call. But, apart from that result last week, we've either won or been competitive in each game. I am hoping that what I saw in previous rounds can return this week. But, if not, and we cop another drubbing, surely someone has to call coaching and systems into account?
Read the "what I know" thread and there is a suggestion JT is not the right fit for the flamboyant roster at the club. To me, the presence of Rankin on the wing at the expense of JAC is an obvious example.
Everyone except Taylor can see this, that is just one of the reasons for him to be punted, but there are plenty more. :(
JAC situation isnt as simple as everyone makes out.... and to be fair I wouldnt put it past our club to be hamstringing Taylor on this front.

The only real info on the make-up of our top 25 came from Tiger Torch, and if you understand how the salary cap works, our top 25 is a freaken shambles.

this is TT's list:Teddy, Noffa, Kev, Simona ,Rankin, Moses, Brooks, Sue, Sirro, Lawrence, Woods, Farah, Grant, Ava, Aloiai, Cherrington, Chee Kam, Buchanan, Halatau, Lovett, Ballin, Hunt, Edwards, Littlejohn, Drinkwater.

To over simplify how promoting players from outside that top 25 works, once a player player outside that top 25 plays 4 games in firsts their pay packet gets automatically upgraded to the minimum NRL wage $82.5 K the retirement contribution bumps that to 90k..... and if memory serves me correctly only 5 players per season.

Lets go back to the team list for a moment....Rankin, Moses, Brooks, Farah, Cherrington, Ballin, Hunt, Littlejohn and Drinkwater. That is a ludicrous amount of hookers and halves to carry in the top squad. You could understand carrying say 5 at maximun, but we have 9, and we havent even split hairs on Halataus role.

When you realise what JT is actually working with, you cannot help but feel sorry for him. If the whispers are true and Milone got his bump because of corporate swing, and JJ mysteriously stops being played and is swapped for the out of favour Buchanan or Edwards once again before he reaches the 4 game limit, we will all but be certain that Taylors hands are tied. In turn, that will explain the JAC predicament.

The only real complaint we can have taking this all on board is Kee Cham.... he is top 25.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:35 pm

We'll beat souths. Havn't you guys been paying attention over the last few years? We lose to the crap teams and win when is impossible to do so.
It will save taylor and ensure the club does nothing to turn the titanic around.
Classic tigers.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29871
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 11:14 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
851 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
LCA wrote:I know it's a big call. In fact, a massive call. But, apart from that result last week, we've either won or been competitive in each game. I am hoping that what I saw in previous rounds can return this week. But, if not, and we cop another drubbing, surely someone has to call coaching and systems into account?
Read the "what I know" thread and there is a suggestion JT is not the right fit for the flamboyant roster at the club. To me, the presence of Rankin on the wing at the expense of JAC is an obvious example.
Everyone except Taylor can see this, that is just one of the reasons for him to be punted, but there are plenty more. :(
JAC situation isnt as simple as everyone makes out.... and to be fair I wouldnt put it past our club to be hamstringing Taylor on this front.

The only real info on the make-up of our top 25 came from Tiger Torch, and if you understand how the salary cap works, our top 25 is a freaken shambles.

this is TT's list:Teddy, Noffa, Kev, Simona ,Rankin, Moses, Brooks, Sue, Sirro, Lawrence, Woods, Farah, Grant, Ava, Aloiai, Cherrington, Chee Kam, Buchanan, Halatau, Lovett, Ballin, Hunt, Edwards, Littlejohn, Drinkwater.

To over simplify how promoting players from outside that top 25 works, once a player player outside that top 25 plays 4 games in firsts their pay packet gets automatically upgraded to the minimum NRL wage $82.5 K the retirement contribution bumps that to 90k..... and if memory serves me correctly only 5 players per season.

Lets go back to the team list for a moment....Rankin, Moses, Brooks, Farah, Cherrington, Ballin, Hunt, Littlejohn and Drinkwater. That is a ludicrous amount of hookers and halves to carry in the top squad. You could understand carrying say 5 at maximun, but we have 9, and we havent even split hairs on Halataus role.

When you realise what JT is actually working with, you cannot help but feel sorry for him. If the whispers are true and Milone got his bump because of corporate swing, and JJ mysteriously stops being played and is swapped for the out of favour Buchanan or Edwards once again before he reaches the 4 game limit, we will all but be certain that Taylors hands are tied. In turn, that will explain the JAC predicament.

The only real complaint we can have taking this all on board is Kee Cham.... he is top 25.
No quite true Addo-Carr has played a game now so his salary will be apportioned to the second tier Cap same as JJ Felise nothing stopping both being selected in First Grade for the rest of the season...Number of games wont come into it...

The problem exist for Clubs is when they have exhausted that Cap and further injuries strike they need to apply for exemptions just as we did with Brooks debut in 2013..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 12:19 am

Geo. wrote: No quite true Addo-Carr has played a game now so his salary will be apportioned to the second tier Cap same as JJ Felise nothing stopping both being selected in First Grade for the rest of the season...Number of games wont come into it...

The problem exist for Clubs is when they have exhausted that Cap and further injuries strike they need to apply for exemptions just as we did with Brooks debut in 2013..
I agree they are both now to be paid from the second tier, though unless they play the 4 games it is at their current pay rate.

For example, the second tier this year is $460k... if JJ, JAC, and 8 other players are on $46k each, then we can promote each of the 10 players for 3 games a piece and we would stay within the second tier salary cap. On the contrary, if we promote 5 players each playing more than 4 games they are instantly upgraded to the minimum of $90k (including retirement fund) also putting us at the $460k limit.

That said it is usually alot more complicated than that even. For example if JAC was signed on a lower base salary though high incentives, $5k per FG apearance isnt unusual, his $60k (plucked that out of the air) is now after his first appearance is $65k ... if he plays the rest of the season, 16 rounds (26 rounds - 2 byes - 8 rounds passed), that $65K turns into $145k, pretty much a 3rd of our second tier cap. Again those numbers are for demonstration only. Although it wouldnt mean much at the Tigers, but most incentive based contracts also have win bonuses also.

The above is very similar to how Sam Moa's first yr at the Roosters was structured, he almost ate up $200k of second tier alone.

So there is alot of merit in thinking the powers that be may not allow JT to pull the trigger on running out players he wants to because of escalating incentive bonuses effecting the hip pocket.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11071
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 12:27 am

Will we come out firing due to being embarrassed by the Raiders? I'm pretty undecided, I suspect we'll win, but probably won't tip us

User avatar
WestsSupporter
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 12:32 am

If Souths can't beat us, there's no hope for them.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 6:03 am

Can we pin these salary cap posts?
Too many people are under the misapprehension its simple to drop players....

eyewonder
Member
Member
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by eyewonder » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:55 am

i walked into the newsagents this morning,who is a saints supporter.
i was commenting on the poor decisions the referee made in the game yesterday.
he made the comment that my team, the ten percent tigers were playing souths this week.

i said what do you mean the ten percent tigers?

he said that the tigers only scored ten percent of what the other team scored.

he thought that was hilarious.
i sorta smiled.

lets hope for more than ten percent this week.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:11 am

Black'n'White wrote:
851 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
LCA wrote:I know it's a big call. In fact, a massive call. But, apart from that result last week, we've either won or been competitive in each game. I am hoping that what I saw in previous rounds can return this week. But, if not, and we cop another drubbing, surely someone has to call coaching and systems into account?
Read the "what I know" thread and there is a suggestion JT is not the right fit for the flamboyant roster at the club. To me, the presence of Rankin on the wing at the expense of JAC is an obvious example.
Everyone except Taylor can see this, that is just one of the reasons for him to be punted, but there are plenty more. :(
JAC situation isnt as simple as everyone makes out.... and to be fair I wouldnt put it past our club to be hamstringing Taylor on this front.

The only real info on the make-up of our top 25 came from Tiger Torch, and if you understand how the salary cap works, our top 25 is a freaken shambles.

this is TT's list:Teddy, Noffa, Kev, Simona ,Rankin, Moses, Brooks, Sue, Sirro, Lawrence, Woods, Farah, Grant, Ava, Aloiai, Cherrington, Chee Kam, Buchanan, Halatau, Lovett, Ballin, Hunt, Edwards, Littlejohn, Drinkwater.

To over simplify how promoting players from outside that top 25 works, once a player player outside that top 25 plays 4 games in firsts their pay packet gets automatically upgraded to the minimum NRL wage $82.5 K the retirement contribution bumps that to 90k..... and if memory serves me correctly only 5 players per season.

Lets go back to the team list for a moment....Rankin, Moses, Brooks, Farah, Cherrington, Ballin, Hunt, Littlejohn and Drinkwater. That is a ludicrous amount of hookers and halves to carry in the top squad. You could understand carrying say 5 at maximun, but we have 9, and we havent even split hairs on Halataus role.

When you realise what JT is actually working with, you cannot help but feel sorry for him.
I don't - he signed four of those nine himself, and he's had say on whether the likes of Buchanan and Lovett made the top 25 this year (both were out of contract at the end of 2015).
Of course, I have some sympathy for the Farah debacle, but lets not kid ourselves that he's not complicit in all this.

Post Reply