Another loss...

Winnipeg

Another loss...

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:22 pm

Never say never but I can't see how we win this one

They've got a few big bodies who should cause us the same problems the Raiders did.

We've been known to ambush them in the past but it's usually when they are riding high, they are under the pump and should be fully focused.

C'mon boys prove me wrong

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:24 pm

Not a real earth shattering proclamation.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:51 pm

Sorry for posting then :lol:

Maybe my negative and your negative will make a positive?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:58 pm

I don't think any of us are thinking about winning or losing Thursday, there are bigger issues atm.

rozelle rudy

Post by rozelle rudy » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:01 pm

Wests Tigers need a rebuild with 3-4 players dropped. But given the 5 day turnaround, the only changes will be the returning Simona and injury replacement. The rebuilding will have to wait until after the expected loss to Souths.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:04 pm

The Burgess twins have been criticised for their poor form in recent weeks, there is no better week for them to step up than against us, who will stand up to them from our back? Lovett? Dene? Edwards? Felise? Aloiai? Sorry but no.

The rabbits will dominate us, we have no chance of winning this week, im not usually negative and im sorry to be this negative but it looks like another loss.

Round one and two were flukes, we played two sides who didn't have their combinations going, it took the Warriors one half to click, they demolished us in the second half and if it weren't for Tedescos last try we would have lost that too.

RobWT

Post by RobWT » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:05 pm

Can't see a win, always hope I'm wrong. Hate being too negative but the souths pack will be licking their lips.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:16 pm

Well, you never know. If we get a few 50/50 calls go our way....oh wait.....

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:24 pm

Which reserve-grade standard player are we gonna let score 4 tries on us this week? Goodwin? Nathan Merritt could well come out of retirement for Thursday's game and get a grand farewell game by scoring 6. It ain't gonna be pretty vs the Bummies that is for sure.

RobWT

Post by RobWT » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:26 pm

Fade To Black wrote:Which reserve-grade standard player are we gonna let score 4 tries on us this week? Goodwin? Nathan Merritt could well come out of retirement for Thursday's game and get a grand farewell game by scoring 6. It ain't gonna be pretty vs the Bummies that is for sure.

The sad part is that according to Josh Massoud, during the offseason Jason Taylor tried to get Nathan Merritt to join us...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:29 pm

Fade To Black wrote:Nathan Merritt could well come out of retirement for Thursday's game and get a grand farewell game by scoring 6.
Or kick a field goal from miles out near the sideline.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 11:50 pm

I don't really rate the Bunnies pack besides Sam Burgess, George has had a shocking season and I don't think he'll make much off an impact

Carter and Brown are also good but I think Carter will miss a week or two after his trip and Reynolds may be out as well with a jaw injury I can't see Bunnies beating us out wide with Simona coming back in the team now as his defence was missing strongly last week

The boys will want to come out with a win and a message if and that's a massive IF Taylor selects a good side and leaves out Milone, Rankin, Halatua we'll be alright

I don't know why but I think we'll win on Thursday night I have a strong feeling , surely we won't lose 7 in a row

I'm expecting a big game from Broses I really don't know why but I'm feeling really confident about this one

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 12:04 am

teddy23 wrote:I don't really rate the Bunnies pack besides Sam Burgess, George has had a shocking season and I don't think he'll make much off an impact

Carter and Brown are also good but I think Carter will miss a week or two after his trip and Reynolds may be out as well with a jaw injury I can't see Bunnies beating us out wide with Simona coming back in the team now as his defence was missing strongly last week

The boys will want to come out with a win and a message if and that's a massive IF Taylor selects a good side and leaves out Milone, Rankin, Halatua we'll be alright

I don't know why but I think we'll win on Thursday night I have a strong feeling , surely we won't lose 7 in a row

I'm expecting a big game from Broses I really don't know why but I'm feeling really confident about this one
Let's hope you're right Teddy. :pray:

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 3:42 pm

Can't see a win here. Sorry

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 3:46 pm

We tend to lift for the games we are deemed certain to lose. But I think the coach really needs to somehow inspire the team and motivate them. I am not sure he can, maybe he needs to bring in some external people to get the team to believe in themselves.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm putting $50 on us to win 13+
They didn't use much energy against the Raiders so they'll be fit and ready even with a 4 day turn around.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 4:15 pm

I thought that we had one chance of a win out of the next 4 games( Knights)
But after watching them today, and remembering how they whack us no matter how bad they've been going, I think the next Four are beyond us

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 4:41 pm

Well if Souths pack just run straight and hard at us we'll get hammered again, we just can't stop it. George is capable of doing it single handedly