Team v Souths - 1 change

WestsSupporter

Re: Team v Souths - 1 change

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 8:45 pm

willow wrote:I have deleted multiple posts in the this thread due to people swearing. Consider this a blanket reminder that swearing, included disguised swearing is against forum rules. From this point forward if I see it members will receive warnings. If members persist in doing it, the ban hammer drops.
Isn't that what '[automatically edited]' is for? Thought it was a cool function that could really let us vent, and the readers could read between the lines.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:01 pm

Even if it is based on Salary Cap restrictions that get out of jail free card for me.

Its means they picked players in the Top 25 that should not be there and they are forced to stick with them.

Makes it even worse really.

SO its still a selection issue.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:08 pm

Eddie wrote:The JT apologists are getting less and less by the week.

He is becoming worse then Sheens at selecting the same old rubbish.

At least Sheens teams were competitive most weeks.

7 straight losses coming up on Thursday.

Who cares really, let him dig his own grave if he doesn't want to shake things up.

Nathan Brown is building something far more sustainable at the Knights already. Not afraid to drop senior players, rewarding training performance with selections. None of the sort ever happened here.
Kind of hard to back him when he won't make the changes within his power.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:11 pm

JT must of had a labotomy... This is will do me.. Surely after that performance you drop at least 3 players. Make a statement..have a go..

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:17 pm

by diedpretty » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:23 pm

It will be the same side that got thumped by Canberra and the reason will be that these players need to be given the chance to redeem themselves.

Shock, horror - how did I know this was coming. I'm amazed everyone is so surprised. Its been the same way for 16 years. I just don't understand this club. They have the potential to be one of the top clubs in the NRL but they just don't want to take that first step away from mediocrity.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm not sure if anyone already said this but actually there are no changes as Simona comes back from injury......What is wrong with Taylor? These roster debacles are so incredible that they're funny. We were all confident that there would be significant changes and we were excited at the thought but.....we also had a sneaky feeling in our hearts that the same, ineffective, spineless elections would be turned out...and our gut feeling was right. Pathetic.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:25 pm

Geo. wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Geo. wrote:
krissy wrote:I cannot believe JAC was left out again and Rankin was selected. We are going to end up losing JAC to a club that is willing to select teams on performance. It is a bit of worry to see Chee Kam's father comment on the Wests Tigers Facebook team announcement that he feels his son will never get a chance no matter how well he performs. He also stated that he thinks he made a mistake coming to the club and hopes and prays that he goes to another club.
I can because JAC is injured..
They've named him in State Cup.
viewtopic.php?p=701220#p701220

Josh Addo-Carr (groin) — TBC

Taylor has named Grant Halatau and Naiqama who are also in doubt...
He's in the NSW Cup team, #2
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... remie.html

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:31 pm

Guess that means there wont be changes cause that never happens...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:33 pm

stevied wrote:I'm not sure if anyone already said this but actually there are no changes as Simona comes back from injury......What is wrong with Taylor? These roster debacles are so incredible that they're funny. We were all confident that there would be significant changes and we were excited at the thought but.....we also had a sneaky feeling in our hearts that the same, ineffective, spineless elections would be turned out...and our gut feeling was right. Pathetic.
honestly i dont think our depth is good enough to warrant any drastic change.

even if we could make one or two changes for the better (e.g. JAC for rankin) i dont think it would make much of a difference if we turn up like saturday
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:42 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Eddie wrote:The JT apologists are getting less and less by the week.

He is becoming worse then Sheens at selecting the same old rubbish.

At least Sheens teams were competitive most weeks.

7 straight losses coming up on Thursday.

Who cares really, let him dig his own grave if he doesn't want to shake things up.

Nathan Brown is building something far more sustainable at the Knights already. Not afraid to drop senior players, rewarding training performance with selections. None of the sort ever happened here.
Kind of hard to back him when he won't make the changes within his power.
Exactly.

Some still waffle on about second tier Salary Cap and things being out of his control.

However that still means he picked a lot of duds in the Top 25.

Thats what they can't seem to see.

He is just another Sheens now, putting the boys club out week in week out despite pathetic performances.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:46 pm

stevied wrote:I'm not sure if anyone already said this but actually there are no changes as Simona comes back from injury......What is wrong with Taylor? These roster debacles are so incredible that they're funny. We were all confident that there would be significant changes and we were excited at the thought but.....we also had a sneaky feeling in our hearts that the same, ineffective, spineless elections would be turned out...and our gut feeling was right. Pathetic.
Don't take this the wrong way but people getting excited about changes I would describe as naive.

I said to people who were naming there own 17 for Souths don't bother getting yourself worked up there will be no changes.

Its been the same way for 16 years.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:47 pm

ricksen wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Geo. wrote:
I can because JAC is injured..
They've named him in State Cup.
viewtopic.php?p=701220#p701220

Josh Addo-Carr (groin) — TBC

Taylor has named Grant Halatau and Naiqama who are also in doubt...
He's in the NSW Cup team, #2
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... remie.html
Club has him listed as injured (groin) with length as "TBC".

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:48 pm

Eddie wrote: Nathan Brown is building something far more sustainable at the Knights already. Not afraid to drop senior players, rewarding training performance with selections. None of the sort ever happened here.
Not that I am not supportive of dropping and promoting players for performances, but Knights aren't exactly the poster child for getting results out of the side, changes or no. They are pretty much the only side not to get in front of us on the ladder the past 2 years.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 9:51 pm

Im talking about Nathan Brown and what he stands for.

He dropped senior players in the Pre season and After Round 1

He stated he would pick the team purely around effort at training. Reputations means zero to him.

He is not afraid to lose in the short term to get long term gain and cultural change at that club

I think he will do well there in the long run.

For mine its what this club needed. I wanted him when Taylor got the gig but anyway, its a big rebuild there.

What our club needs is a whole change of culture. There is no accountability here.

I know the Knights are losing most week however I think there supporters would have more hope then ours.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:17 pm

Cmon guys give JT a break, he has heard from all the experts that the club that wins the premiership at the end of each season normally uses only 25 or 26 players out of their squad. We are at least 7 or 8 players under that mark thus far.
All we need to do now is to win 19 or so games in a row and he will be a genius :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:43 pm

Eddie wrote:Im talking about Nathan Brown and what he stands for.

He dropped senior players in the Pre season and After Round 1

He stated he would pick the team purely around effort at training. Reputations means zero to him.

He is not afraid to lose in the short term to get long term gain and cultural change at that club

I think he will do well there in the long run.

For mine its what this club needed. I wanted him when Taylor got the gig but anyway, its a big rebuild there.

What our club needs is a whole change of culture. There is no accountability here.

I know the Knights are losing most week however I think there supporters would have more hope then ours.
Hang on there is an each way bet here. Apparently Milone and Lovett are amongst the best trainers, but when they are picked the coach is crucified

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:51 pm

cqtiger wrote:I got nothing
Me neither.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:56 pm

Newtown wrote:Milone must have been very unlucky to miss out. I bet he now feels left out.
Yeah, i really feel for him. :mrgreen: