Simona

fergiefurr

Simona

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:15 pm

I'm not going to say the guys our best player, but isn't our winning percentage when he plays nearly 60%?

I don't know what he brings but he must bring something because after the disaster of last week our left edge conceded one try from a kick and I don't think allowed a single line break.

Fingers crossed he doesn't get injured or suspended again this season.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:48 pm

Yeah he's a charm. Milone is gonna have to start thinking maybe he's just jinxed haha. With him gone the state cup side put on a carve up and we got belted. He gets dropped and we win first grade.

kafta

Post by kafta » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:49 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I'm not going to say the guys our best player, but isn't our winning percentage when he plays nearly 60%?

I don't know what he brings but he must bring something because after the disaster of last week our left edge conceded one try from a kick and I don't think allowed a single line break.

Fingers crossed he doesn't get injured or suspended again this season.
That's Because Milone has a 0% win record ;)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:54 pm

Makes a huge difference as he give an option on the left and takes the pressure off Teddy...

Ran for 150+ metres tonight...good to see...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:55 pm

Simona is a gun. He had that idiotic moment in the first half, but can't think of too many other times since his breakout 2013 season that he's stuffed up.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:56 pm

little things that Tim did were evident. We really missed him in the last few weeks.

I hope he can find a flashy try in the coming rounds as this will be great for his and the teams confidence

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:59 pm

I reckon he is great but this year he has been poor. The difference when he is out is who we replace him with and because Richards was outside him last year. We had the slowest left side defence when Simona was out last year.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:01 pm

He and Kev are a great pair of centres. Kev is a massive positive to come out of this year - our best player overall for the 9 rounds so far.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 12:06 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:He and Kev are a great pair of centres. Kev is a massive positive to come out of this year - our best player overall for the 9 rounds so far.
Yeah Kev has been great but you have to give it to Tedesco surely?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 12:17 am

fergiefurr wrote:I'm not going to say the guys our best player, but isn't our winning percentage when he plays nearly 60%?
Last 3 seasons, including tonight, he's 19/40 games = 47.5%. It is the best strike rate of any current player.

I wrote in another thread about this, whether Simona is that good or his replacements are that bad.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 12:58 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:He and Kev are a great pair of centres. Kev is a massive positive to come out of this year - our best player overall for the 9 rounds so far.
Interesting you say that. I think his greatest weakness this year has been his inconsistency. Started the year well but has been ordinary lately.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 1:26 am

jirskyr wrote:
Last 3 seasons, including tonight, he's 19/40 games = 47.5%. It is the best strike rate of any current player.

I wrote in another thread about this, whether Simona is that good or his replacements are that bad.
Very astute it's both. Simona is a very good all round centre attack and defence. He covers others mistakes out wide and his replacements have included Milone, Lovett and other plodders who are no longer on the team from years past. We lack depth badly however, MCK should cover for the centre position the year as long as JT doesn't play Milone again.

Joelcainenumber1fan

Post by Joelcainenumber1fan » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 5:33 am

MacDougall wrote:
tedesco hasnt had a good game in a month i think hes carrying injuries
kev been so much more consistant and is our best attacking weapon the only problem is when he runs out of his line to put on a hit he leaves a massive hole in defense

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:01 am

He was enormous last night supporting the forwards with runs from dummy half. I mean, that's not normally a centre's priority, but it was what we needed last night.

In general attack, he's one of our few players willing to realise when things won't work and just take the tackle. And you only have to look at the try-scoring feats over Richards & Rankin (2 players of questionable pace) to know he can feed a winger.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:46 am

Joelcainenumber1fan wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
tedesco hasnt had a good game in a month i think hes carrying injuries
kev been so much more consistant and is our best attacking weapon the only problem is when he runs out of his line to put on a hit he leaves a massive hole in defense
Yep. Tedesco though when ordinary for him is still good. He set-up Rankin's try and still got plenty of metres in half a game.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:55 am

MacDougall wrote:
Sure Teddy has been strong for us as well, but there have been a couple of games - Titans and Knights where I thought Teddy went somewhat missing, but Kev played blinders in both those.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:28 am

TYGA wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Very astute it's both. Simona is a very good all round centre attack and defence. He covers others mistakes out wide and his replacements have included Milone, Lovett and other plodders who are no longer on the team from years past. We lack depth badly however, MCK should cover for the centre position the year as long as JT doesn't play Milone again.
Do you know what else, he defended very well when switched to the wing. He made good decisions whether to come in or stay out, but more importantly he hit and stuck when he made the decision.

Nofo can learn so much from just those 40 mins Simona played, about not putting yourself in no-man's-land when the attack is on you.

Because they certainly tested Simona's left side, defending outside MCK then Lovett.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:31 am

I say Welcome Back simoma
Anything to keep Milone in the grade he deserves to play in