Moses dragging Brooks down?

WestsSupporter

Moses dragging Brooks down?

Post by WestsSupporter » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:17 pm

Brooks had a solid game tonight. Looked like he really took control of the show. While he still had a few indifferent moments, he was mostly great and stayed in the game the full 80.

Has Mitchell Moses been dragging him down? In the first eight rounds, I've seen more of Mitch than Luke. Tonight, Luke had to be the dominant playmaker, and it looked a role suited to him.

What do you guys think? Lawrence was organising a lot of direction in the role of five-eighth tonight. Is that better chemistry than two full-on attacking players?
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

razor7

Post by razor7 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:22 pm

Spot on Wests Supporter.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:25 pm

I think they've both been over playing their hand. Playing impatient footy, trying to score off every play. They're both talented & can lead the side around but just need to be patient. They need to learn how to build pressure & then wait for the perfect opportunity to go for the throat. They have more than enough skill to make the killer blow, it's just knowing when to do it that's the problem.

Don't think they're incapable of making a great halves combination, they just need to work on their game "strategy", if that makes sense.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:26 pm

I think they've both been over playing their hand. Playing impatient footy, trying to score off every play. They're both talented & can lead the side around but just need to be patient. They need to learn how to build pressure & then wait for the perfect opportunity to go for the throat. They have more than enough skill to make the killer blow, it's just knowing when to do it that's the problem.

Don't think they're incapable of making a great halves combination, they just need to work on their game "strategy", if that makes sense.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:28 pm

I agree that the two together haven't been great, we need an organiser and a cool head and they bring out the worst in each other in that regard.

But you could also say brooks hinders Moses' game, and use round 1 as evidence.

I hope they find a way to contribute positively to each other's games at this level.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:31 pm

The same can be said about Brooks impeding Moses.

They both have a ton of skill and talent, they nees to find the happy medium ala Manly RD 2.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:34 pm

yup they have to learn to work together

they might have a great junior combo but that just means a bunch of flashy crap in attack

very different from working together to control a game

theyll get there eventually i reckon
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:35 pm

It was a bit of an eye opener tonight for me in terms of Brooks, he played his role in attack very well and chimed in nicely with Farah. A couple of rusty moments but overall a great effort compared to what I have noticed this year.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:36 pm

old man tiger wrote:they bring out the worst in each other
Oh my lord I believe this sums it up quite well.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:38 pm

Yes as a couple have said, both Brooks and Moses have had their best games this year in the absence of the other. Clearly its a work in progress figuring out how to use the two of them. One thing that is clear to me is that Brooks has the superior kicking game and he should assume that responsibility.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:39 pm

Yes as a couple have said, both Brooks and Moses have had their best games this year in the absence of the other. Clearly its a work in progress figuring out how to use the two of them. One thing that is clear to me is that Brooks has the superior kicking game and he should assume that responsibility.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:40 pm

Wish we had kept Austin. They need some one to control. Two many cooks spoil the.....

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:43 pm

Honestly I don't think we've ever played that well with both of them in the side. Brooks was better with Anasta and the best Moses game ever was with Littlejohn.

They both want to be the dominant playmaker. They have no synergy. Which is weird when they have played so much together.

At least one of them really needs to learn how to tackle. I suspect that Moses in 12 months will be a decent tackler and Brooks is a good front on hitter. I remember Chris Lawrence used to get called turnstyle and now look at him. He should train them.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:56 pm

I just reckon that they have both been out of form and at the moment they are both inconsistent players. If you add to that they both struggle defensively and it leaves two targets in the backline so it makes it hard for the team especially when we are lacking discipline.

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:20 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Wish we had kept Austin. They need some one to control. Two many cooks spoil the.....
Lawrence in parts and Rankin did their best Austin Impressions tonight.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:28 pm

Too many cooks hey. Intruiging what happena next time they are both playing.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:36 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Brooks had a solid game tonight. Looked like he really took control of the show. While he still had a few indifferent moments, he was mostly great and stayed in the game the full 80.

Has Mitchell Moses been dragging him down? In the first eight rounds, I've seen more of Mitch than Luke. Tonight, Luke had to be the dominant playmaker, and it looked a role suited to him.

What do you guys think? Lawrence was organising a lot of direction in the role of five-eighth tonight. Is that better chemistry than two full-on attacking players?
Brooks did seem to play a lot better and also made some smart decisions with the ball in hand.
It's what we've been saying all along, that our young halves need an old head next to them.
Guiding them. Chris did that for Luke tonight.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:41 pm

Brooks stepped up big time...he needed to...it was good to see..I'm not so sure they stiffle each other could have a point....

However the forwards really aimed up tonight...which helps immensely...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..