Humble-pie-thon

Tigerheart_returns

Humble-pie-thon

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:00 am

[ Enter here ]

Mind you, I wasn't sure it was in the bag until it was 2-3 minutes to go...

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:03 am

I'll eat humble pie after we win another 4 on the trot. Facts are facts, we're still crap.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:03 am

I'm glad no one read my blood pressure with twenty to go. That would have called an ambulance.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:12 am

Masterton, I reckon there would have been a few other WT supporters there to keep you company!!

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:15 am

Credit yes. Humble pie I'll be happy to eat after seeing efforts like this one over the next 10 weeks. Efforts that equate to wins We shouldn't be used to or expecting anything less.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:22 am

Most supporters (myself included) and everyone else in the media had written us off for this game. The whole week was nothing but a barrage of complaints about the team, the coach, the club. We asked for a turnaround and we got it. To the extent that this is sustained will be a measure of the commitment of the team but my point is that we have shown that, when we apply ourselves, we can play well. Hats off for this week only, then.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:40 am

Humble pie insinuates the team is where we need to be despite the naysayers thinking.they're nowhere near that. When you break it down it was one win in our season, and despite our losing streak beforehand, the odd win was always going to come. Put 4 or 5 in a row together, then we can maybe start serving some humble pie. It was a gutsy win, one of the gutsiest I can remember, but let's not get too carried away just yet,

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:41 am

No humble pie from me,they played with plenty of ticker,but Souths were bad and look like a club in crisis,and as Chris said,when they deliver three weeks on a trot I might start eating,but for now I will enjoy the win without reading to much into it

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:50 am

No humble pie but we need to win a lot more games.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 7:58 am

No chance in the world of humble pie.We are still only winning 33% of our games and are anchored near the bottom of the ladder.Yes it was a much improved effort against a team who is horribly out of form but we will need to make this the norm before i and many others are happy

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 8:16 am

jadtiger wrote:No chance in the world of humble pie.We are still only winning 33% of our games and are anchored near the bottom of the ladder.Yes it was a much improved effort against a team who is horribly out of form but we will need to make this the norm before i and many others are happy
Don't forget jadtiger,we are a young team horribly out of not just form but also experience..South's may look in crisis,but are a team of very talented seasoned players...
When our mob get everything together,the wins will keep coming....don't forget JT has had to work with a very talented group of players that needed to be taught NRL structures,it appears things are starting to be understood and how it works..once it completely sinks in there will be no stopping the improvement in this playing group...
When the other key players return fully fit,this will strengthen the team even more...

Can I have some ice cream and custard with my piece of humble pie please ??
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 8:45 am

TrueTiger wrote:
jadtiger wrote:No chance in the world of humble pie.We are still only winning 33% of our games and are anchored near the bottom of the ladder.Yes it was a much improved effort against a team who is horribly out of form but we will need to make this the norm before i and many others are happy
Don't forget jadtiger,we are a young team horribly out of not just form but also experience..South's may look in crisis,but are a team of very talented seasoned players...
When our mob get everything together,the wins will keep coming....don't forget JT has had to work with a very talented group of players that needed to be taught NRL structures,it appears things are starting to be understood and how it works..once it completely sinks in there will be no stopping the improvement in this playing group...
When the other key players return fully fit,this will strengthen the team even more...

Can I have some ice cream and custard with my piece of humble pie please ??
Just stop. I think we can safely state that JT and his structures were and are spin. He hasn't gotten anywhere near the best out of this club so far.

I for one hope he turns it around but it'll come from choosing the best team available, coming up with good game plans and getting the most out of individual players. The idea of sticking to a structure ala the 5 hit-ups and then a midfield bomb doesn't work. We changed that last night and we looked so much better. Robbie creating stuff around dummy half and Brooks making a bunch of different plays really helped.

The more we go away from JT and his structures the better off we will be.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 8:54 am

Yes one performance isn't worth humble pie just yet and McGuire rated his team garbage. Next month will tell.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 8:58 am

Steve is right.
JT did an awesome job motivating the squad for the game but i suspect youll find he was just as surprised with what happened.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 9:11 am

You're never going to make everyone happy as you can read above.

But I agree with Taylor, I think given the injuries and drop outs prior to the game, that was our best effort under him.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 9:18 am

The so called structure was a lot better last night, they mixed it up a bit, they even did a couple of narrow blind side raids like the old days when they flogged it to death!!

They did not just go wide hoping Teddy would pull a rabbit out of the hat. The forwards ran with real menace and than they used there backs.

Easy to have a dig at Moses as he was not out there, but he needs to have a good look at video and see what can happen if you are patient and do not over play your hand.

Still light years away from the Bronks and the Cowboys, but the rest are beatable if we turn up with the right attitude

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 9:48 am

Swordy wrote:You're never going to make everyone happy as you can read above.

But I agree with Taylor, I think given the injuries and drop outs prior to the game, that was our best effort under him.
I would agree that was our best under him last night but the week before was our worst i have seen for a long time.I hope last night is a sign of things to come

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:07 am

All things aside that win gave me a "oh what a feeling" moment

Step at a time I say, lets look forward to the next win