NOFO AND KEV

bp tiger

NOFO AND KEV

Post by bp tiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:51 am

dead set them two were terrible in the second 1/2 they gave souths two tries and it should have been 3. they were in souths backline well before the ball ever got there, not sure what the hell they were trying to do but it was sad.in saying that both played well, but boys u got to fix up ur reading in defence.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:59 am

I think there was a lack of communication out there between the 2
Have a look at the reply, twice Nofo is off the line and once Kev is and Nofo alone at the back to defend.

They have to commit at the same time and be on the same page.
I'm sure that will be addressed in the Video review

Regardless of their errors each got a try and we walked away with the 2 points

I cant ask for more in all honesty

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:08 am

Still maintain it was Nofa - he is nearly as bad as what Koro is in reading the play. He puts untold pressure on the centre and back rower inside him. Kev knows he is going to rush in and so has to do the same and try to stop the ball going out or he knows he is going to be faced with at least two running at him. This is the same situation that Rowdy had with Koro.

Nofa is a border line but are the pluses better than the minus he brings. Not good under the high ball (you never let the ball bounce - taught in z grade), bad reads in play and what was that with the fake injury (should have been penalised in my opinion, extremely lucky ) - God give me strength.

I would have him on notice personally - if you don't get it together, JAC is in the wings.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:11 am

Their last try wasn't down to those two - they busted us through the middle and we had about 3 vs 7 on that side.
The third try was a terrible read by Nofo.

The others were off kicks (obv one was an awful error from Nofo).

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:15 am

Russell wrote:Still maintain it was Nofa - he is nearly as bad as what Koro is in reading the play. He puts untold pressure on the centre and back rower inside him. Kev knows he is going to rush in and so has to do the same and try to stop the ball going out or he knows he is going to be faced with at least two running at him. This is the same situation that Rowdy had with Koro.

Nofa is a border line but are the pluses better than the minus he brings. Not good under the high ball (you never let the ball bounce - taught in z grade), bad reads in play and what was that with the fake injury (should have been penalised in my opinion, extremely lucky ) - God give me strength.

I would have him on notice personally - if you don't get it together, JAC is in the wings.
Watch the tackle again , Nofa cops an elbow / forearm to the back of the neck in the first stage of the tackle them gets man handled in a slight crusher tackle I'm the second stage of the tackle .
I'd say he was in some discomfort and he was in two minds about staying down .

But as a 300 game NRL veteran you know what's best ..hey Russ my old mate :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:23 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Russell wrote:Still maintain it was Nofa - he is nearly as bad as what Koro is in reading the play. He puts untold pressure on the centre and back rower inside him. Kev knows he is going to rush in and so has to do the same and try to stop the ball going out or he knows he is going to be faced with at least two running at him. This is the same situation that Rowdy had with Koro.

Watch the tackle again , Nofa cops an elbow / forearm to the back of the neck in the first stage of the tackle them gets man handled in a slight crusher tackle I'm the second stage of the tackle .
I'd say he was in some discomfort and he was in two minds about staying down .

But as a 300 game NRL veteran you know what's best ..hey Russ my old mate :lol:
Get serious Hobbo, this is Rugby League not tiddlywinks - if that was a crusher and a hard knock to the head. He was playing possum (hate it) like a whoos and then got up and threw the ball at Burgess when he didn't get the penalty. He should have been penalised, not get a penalty, or at worst a scrum for losing the ball.

He is starting to turn into a Prima Donna and that is the last thing we need. LOL Hobbo.

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:46 am

I cant recall a bigger mixed bag than Noffa dished up last night.

Ran the ball amazingly from DH, scored a beautiful try, the catch he took that turned into a break was super crucial.

BUT!

The effort on the bomb and subsequent dropping in the tackle, the horrible read on at least one try and possible 2 (has a bit of benefit of the doubt) and the very lucky incident when he through the ball at the T Burgess and could have easily given up possession.

Wonder what the coach made of it all....

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:57 am

Goose wrote:I cant recall a bigger mixed bag than Noffa dished up last night.

Ran the ball amazingly from DH, scored a beautiful try, the catch he took that turned into a break was super crucial.

BUT!

The effort on the bomb and subsequent dropping in the tackle, the horrible read on at least one try and possible 2 (has a bit of benefit of the doubt) and the very lucky incident when he through the ball at the T Burgess and could have easily given up possession.

Wonder what the coach made of it all....
I agree. I make the assumption that the coach will voice his displeasure.
"Quality Stupidity"

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 12:01 pm

Yeah bit of a mixed bag from Noffa

The two of them were faced with plenty of 4 and 5 on 2s in defence however

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 12:41 pm

they both really need to do something or the people inside need to help them out. whenever a team comes to that edge, they get caught out. their defensive reads are worse than the time we had corey paterson starting on the wing tbh.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 1:05 pm

Yup glad others noticed too. It was pretty awful.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.