Does Lawrence stay at 5/8th??

stevetiger

Re: Does Lawrence stay at 5/8th??

Post by stevetiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 5:26 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
yeti wrote:Interesting that Taylor was talking about this very thing in the box straight after the game - how much better both Brooks and Moses go when the other one isn't in the side. I think he is right when he says it's a matter of balance - finding the best way each needs to play with the other whilst still 'owning' their own game.
I agree. This is where Taylor really does have to stretch his coaching ability and prove his worthiness. He has to find the balance between Moses, Brooks and as some implied above, Farah. If/when this happens WT will present a very formidable attacking threat. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Looking forward to the day.
Here is the thing that I think gets overlooked. Our squad isn't bad. We do have some players who are inexperienced and are inconsistent in the squad within key positions but there is enough to work with.

Taylor in my opinion has a lot to do to retain his position past this year and definitely to receive another contract.

coopy

Post by coopy » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:01 pm

I would think Moses slots back in....but at 7. Becomes the dominant first receiver and Brooks becomes a running 5/8. Brooks looks so much better when he runs.

If he can learn to inject himself when he sees something it will go a long way to giving us a potent halves combination.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:09 pm

Lawrence 6 ,Moses 1

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 11:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:Lawrence 6 ,Moses 1
Lawrence 12, Moses 1, Rankin 6, Ado Carr 2

My head hurts, I need to lie down now...

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 12:16 am

Have to admit, I did not expect that Sheens would be able to hack into so many accounts on this forum :oops:
Lawrence @ 6 or Sironen @ 6 ???
Farah @ 7 ???
Tedesco - 3 ???
:crazy
What happened to 'like for like' ?

Therefore, if Tedesco is out

1 Rankin
2 Nofoaluma
3 Naiqama
4 Simona
5 JAC

simple :D

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 2:14 am

1 Rankin
2 Nofoaluma
3 Naiqama
4 Simona
5 JAC

What he said...!...but when it comes to the WT logic seems to go out the window,for all we know the backline will be shuffled to allow for that moronic non tackling plodder milone :crazy

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 6:10 am

happy tiger wrote:Lawrence 6 ,Moses 1
Absolutely .

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 6:52 am

im gonna buck the trend (and maybe i'll be drastically wrong and he'll kill it next week again) but i dont like lawrence at 6.

he worked really well with brooks (rather than benji) as he didnt have to kick but realistically he played a very 2nd row/centre role just one player in, in the attacking scheme. even if teddys out i'd look at keeping moses and brooks in the halves or moses at FB and promoting our backup half.

dont see much benefit in playing him at 6 versus 80 min in the backrow
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 7:33 am

stevetiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
yeti wrote:Interesting that Taylor was talking about this very thing in the box straight after the game - how much better both Brooks and Moses go when the other one isn't in the side. I think he is right when he says it's a matter of balance - finding the best way each needs to play with the other whilst still 'owning' their own game.
I agree. This is where Taylor really does have to stretch his coaching ability and prove his worthiness. He has to find the balance between Moses, Brooks and as some implied above, Farah. If/when this happens WT will present a very formidable attacking threat. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Looking forward to the day.
Here is the thing that I think gets overlooked. Our squad isn't bad. We do have some players who are inexperienced and are inconsistent in the squad within key positions but there is enough to work with.

Taylor in my opinion has a lot to do to retain his position past this year and definitely to receive another contract.
My comment re Taylor's coaching was not intended as an attack or to question his position at WT, but to define whether he will be a great or just good coach.
If memory serves, after Potter left, the main attraction for potential new coaches to come to WT was the opportunity to work with exciting young halves with stellar 'potential'.
As it turns out, getting the best out of them has not been a simple task. Due to circumstances Taylor has now identified this issue. He now has to tweak game planning to account for, and get the best from, their individual strengths. He also has to mentor them to understand each other's games so each recognises who is in control at any moment. He also has to bring Farah into the mix.
His man management skills will be tested to the max and there will be a lot of ego massaging but if he achieves it we will reap the rewards.
"Quality Stupidity"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 9:03 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Have to admit, I did not expect that Sheens would be able to hack into so many accounts on this forum :oops:
Lawrence @ 6 or Sironen @ 6 ???
Farah @ 7 ???
Tedesco - 3 ???
:crazy

1 Rankin
2 Nofoaluma
3 Naiqama
4 Simona
5 JAC

simple :D
Back then the Lawrence at 6 was a different time , different playing style , different playing group

It works now because it puts an experienced head who has a high workload into a position that probably only need security with Farah @ 9 ,Brooks @ 7, Moses @ 1 with Tedesco out

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 9:11 am

I'd have Lawerence back at 2nd row. He offers a lot from there. I'm not giving up on the Brooks/Moses halves combo.however from the games we have played well (trials included) we have had a good straight running/hard hitter in the backline. With Teddy out and Moses back. Id go with MC(Hammer)K next to Moses at centre.
1.Rankin
2.Nofo/ Ado Carr
3.Kev
4.MCK
5.Simona
6.Moses
7.Brooks

8. Ava
9. Farah
10.Grant
11.Sirro
12.Lawrence
13.Sue

PS. Does anyone think Woods could turn into an offloading number 13?..just a thought as Sue is a pretty straight runner and we aren't getting many offloads away. Woods is making metres but has been well contained. We may get more 2nd phase having Woods ar 13.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 1:12 pm

mitch will be fit. lawrence to do what he does best. run hard and good lines, tackle hard and lead from the front
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble