14. Tony Williams
15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
16. David Klemmer
17. Tim Browne
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Craig Garvey

http://www.nrl.com/news/weeklyfeatures/ ... fault.aspx
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 10 May, 2016 6:19 pm

They have a great forward pack.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 10 May, 2016 6:22 pm

Good forwards but Beatable.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

willow

Post by willow » Tue 10 May, 2016 7:01 pm

Strong team, but winning the ruck will determine this one.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 10 May, 2016 7:01 pm

So Hoppa really is going to church instead of playing.

Wonder what happens if they make the GF? If he's legit he needs to skip that one too.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 10 May, 2016 7:29 pm

Respect this team, otherwise they will run over the top of you.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 11 May, 2016 9:35 am

jirskyr wrote:So Hoppa really is going to church instead of playing.

Wonder what happens if they make the GF? If he's legit he needs to skip that one too.
Religion has way too much unearned respect!

I'd be filthy on my team mate if he let everyone down and didn't play on Sundays because he believed in an invisible supernatural one eyed dragon that has promised to give him eternal life after he dies and wants him all to himself on sundays until then, Hoppas reasons are no different and should be treated no different.
I wonder how far another player would get or anyone else for that matter if they said they aren't working on a particular day every week for whatever reason? For some reason if you drop in the magical word 'religion' you instantly get people tip toeing around you and get special treatment, it's BS.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 11 May, 2016 11:36 am

TIGER wrote:

I'd be filthy on my team mate if he let everyone down and didn't play on Sundays because he believed in an invisible supernatural one eyed dragon that has promised to give him eternal life after he dies and wants him all to himself on sundays until then, Hoppas reasons are no different and should be treated no different.
I wonder how far another player would get or anyone else for that matter if they said they aren't working on a particular day every week for whatever reason? For some reason if you drop in the magical word 'religion' you instantly get people tip toeing around you and get special treatment, it's BS.
Sam Perrett asked to be excused from Sundays as well but the club denied him. Great for team morale telling Player A he can do something, then telling Player B he can't do the same.

You're right though, it's garbage, let's see how serous he is about his God come finals time if the Dogs have to play Sundays.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 11 May, 2016 1:07 pm

TIGER wrote:

Only to you.

If you have the faith that is good for that person.

They should not have to disbelieve just because you say it is an "invisible supernatural one eyed dragon that has promised to give him eternal life after he dies and wants him all to himself on sundays"

Everyone to there own beliefs. You don't have to worry about it - you are not one of his team mates.

There are plenty of people out there in the workforce who refuse to work on Sundays because of their religious beliefs. Good on them I say - at least they are not hipocrites.

Hoppa will be if he plays in a GF on a Sunday though. You can't pick and choose.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Wed 11 May, 2016 7:07 pm

TIGER wrote:

No argument from me on religion, I think if you believe in a magic fairy in the sky you're not quite ready to adult, but I do believe negotiating a day off in a contract is fair enough.

If the bulldogs were aware of Hopoate's availability, and came up with an offer based on playing maybe 75% of games well fair enough. They'll get the minutes on the field they've paid for. At least they know at the start of the year which games they'll need a backup fullback. Injuries, suspensions and rep duties aren't so easy to plan around.

Considering all the reasons players have been ruled out of games, be it suspensions for bonehead tackles, drink driving, assaulting women, drug offences, molesting pets or Todd Carney's career ending 'bubbler'; a coach could have bigger issues than a bloke who can't play because he has church.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 12 May, 2016 11:34 am

Reports that Tony Williams has been dropped to reserve grade

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Thu 12 May, 2016 3:28 pm

fergiefurr wrote:Reports that Tony Williams has been dropped to reserve grade
Yeah I read that on the Kennel.

Would be good news, the doggies fans want him dropped until his contract ends. But they don't realise players like Williams tend to play well against us, would be good as Williams always runs at the smaller blokes like Moses/Brooks so if reports are true that's a win for us.

foreverbalmain

Post by foreverbalmain » Thu 12 May, 2016 3:34 pm

TIGER wrote:

Isn't it written into his contract that he doesn't play on Sundays.
Can't we go back to the old days when 90% of games were played on Sunday :roll :pray:
Stand on the bar, stomp your feet, get clapping
Got a real good feeling something bad about to happen

willow

Post by willow » Thu 12 May, 2016 4:08 pm

Williams has been pretty ordinary this year, not surprised TBH.

vlad

Post by vlad » Fri 13 May, 2016 6:59 am

foreverbalmain wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Isn't it written into his contract that he doesn't play on Sundays.
Can't we go back to the old days when 90% of games were played on Sunday :roll :pray:
Heard an interview with Shane Flanagan re this & he said he wouldn't sign a player who didn't want to play Sundays .

I hope our club has the same stance .

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 13 May, 2016 12:01 pm

Im happy he isnt playing

As for Faith... I cant see the wind, I can feel it and see its effects... Maybe it isnt really there

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri 13 May, 2016 12:33 pm

We do well against the smaller sides and struggle against the bigger ones. Hard to win the ruck on this one.. could be difficult.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:35 am

Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Only to you.

If you have the faith that is good for that person.

They should not have to disbelieve just because you say it is an "invisible supernatural one eyed dragon that has promised to give him eternal life after he dies and wants him all to himself on sundays"

Everyone to there own beliefs. You don't have to worry about it - you are not one of his team mates.

There are plenty of people out there in the workforce who refuse to work on Sundays because of their religious beliefs. Good on them I say - at least they are not hipocrites.

Hoppa will be if he plays in a GF on a Sunday though. You can't pick and choose.
Having your own beliefs is fine when it doesn't effect anybody else, the problem is he's part of a TEAM and he is effecting others.
Like I said, I wonder how people would look at say.. Klemmer if he was to come out tomorrow and say he's not playing on Saturday's and training on Tuesdays because he believes in a supernatural one eyed dragon that offers eternal life and he must pray to this dragon on those days?
How much respect would Klemmer get and how sensitive would the club be towards his belief?
He'd get laughed at, and people would think he's joking, delusional or crazy right?
Why do we treat any other belief differently?
There's no more evidence for a celestial eternal life granting sky daddy than there is for an invisible one eyed dragon. So I'll say it again, it's BS.