Dogs Squad...

southerntiger

Re: Dogs Squad...

Post by southerntiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:38 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGER wrote:
jirskyr wrote:So Hoppa really is going to church instead of playing.

Wonder what happens if they make the GF? If he's legit he needs to skip that one too.
Religion has way too much unearned respect!

I'd be filthy on my team mate if he let everyone down and didn't play on Sundays because he believed in an invisible supernatural one eyed dragon that has promised to give him eternal life after he dies and wants him all to himself on sundays until then, Hoppas reasons are no different and should be treated no different.
I wonder how far another player would get or anyone else for that matter if they said they aren't working on a particular day every week for whatever reason? For some reason if you drop in the magical word 'religion' you instantly get people tip toeing around you and get special treatment, it's BS.
Sam Perrett asked to be excused from Sundays as well but the club denied him. Great for team morale telling Player A he can do something, then telling Player B he can't do the same.

You're right though, it's garbage, let's see how serous he is about his God come finals time if the Dogs have to play Sundays.
The difference is that one negotiated it in his contract, and presumably gets paid less as a result, and the other one didn't.

Im an atheist but I respect Hopoate. Cant stand god botherers who selectively choose which rules to follow.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 15 May, 2016 12:44 pm

southerntiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGER wrote:
jirskyr wrote:So Hoppa really is going to church instead of playing.

Wonder what happens if they make the GF? If he's legit he needs to skip that one too.
Religion has way too much unearned respect!

I'd be filthy on my team mate if he let everyone down and didn't play on Sundays because he believed in an invisible supernatural one eyed dragon that has promised to give him eternal life after he dies and wants him all to himself on sundays until then, Hoppas reasons are no different and should be treated no different.
I wonder how far another player would get or anyone else for that matter if they said they aren't working on a particular day every week for whatever reason? For some reason if you drop in the magical word 'religion' you instantly get people tip toeing around you and get special treatment, it's BS.
Sam Perrett asked to be excused from Sundays as well but the club denied him. Great for team morale telling Player A he can do something, then telling Player B he can't do the same.

You're right though, it's garbage, let's see how serous he is about his God come finals time if the Dogs have to play Sundays.
The difference is that one negotiated it in his contract, and presumably gets paid less as a result, and the other one didn't.

Im an atheist but I respect Hopoate. Cant stand god botherers who selectively choose which rules to follow.
Are you sure it's in hoppas contract??

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 May, 2016 12:51 pm

hoppa had it in his contract that he wont be playing any sunday games.

it's not in perrett's contract.

takes a big man to knock down the $$$ for their faith.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 15 May, 2016 1:08 pm

Get up and in the face of Josh Reynolds.
He will go looking for revenge, give away penalties, and not focus on his game.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 2:03 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGER wrote: Religion has way too much unearned respect!

Based on all reports, yes. It was agreed when he signed with the Dogs. Obviously I haven't personally seen his contract.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Sun 15 May, 2016 2:31 pm

tig_prmz wrote:hoppa had it in his contract that he wont be playing any sunday games.

it's not in perrett's contract.

takes a big man to knock down the $$$ for their faith.
I think the words you are looking for is "delusional man"

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 15 May, 2016 2:39 pm

southerntiger wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Sam Perrett asked to be excused from Sundays as well but the club denied him. Great for team morale telling Player A he can do something, then telling Player B he can't do the same.

Based on all reports, yes. It was agreed when he signed with the Dogs. Obviously I haven't personally seen his contract.
Ok cool, well that's crazy on the dogs behalf if that's the case. Lucky Hoppa didn't sign with the Sharks then because they play majority of their games on a Sunday.