Front row and right side

eyewonder

Re: Front row and right side

Post by eyewonder » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:02 pm

apart from the obvious shortcomings in the forwards today,is the 1-7 of the team.

they may be quick and elusive,but they are all midgets.nofa,simona,kevvie,brooks,moses .

they say size doesnt matter,but i reckon it does.

we need some big boppers in the backline as well.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:02 pm

apart from the obvious shortcomings in the forwards today,is the 1-7 of the team.

they may be quick and elusive,but they are all midgets.nofa,simona,kevvie,brooks,moses .

they say size doesnt matter,but i reckon it does.

we need some big boppers in the backline as well.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:28 pm

Woods is the biggest powder puff in the game. Hodgo at 73kg used to run harder then him. Embarrassing.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:40 pm

Hard to disagree with most things in this thread. However, I thought Ava played well as did Taylor.
Lawrence tried hard, but cannot make a line break to save himself.

Nofo, was ordinary, but Kevin N did not help him at all. He was absolutely hopeless.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, not one of our forwards can offload and have no idea of timing a pass. E. Taylor is the exception. He had a great game.

If J. Taylor does not make BIG changes this week, then he really has to go and Kidwell as well.

Enough if enough.

PS. Brooks really has no idea.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:41 pm

i think JT is right - it was to do with communication

the biggest issue is that EVERY SINGLE OUTSIDE BACK played badly.

hunt poor, rankin average, nofffa very poor, naiqama very poor, simona below average.

if they work together and communicate they can at least give themselves a chance to make a tackle. half the time there wasn't even anyone there or there were two people on one bloke whos already passed the ball to the wing.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:18 pm

magpiecol wrote:If J. Taylor does not make BIG changes this week, then he really has to go and Kidwell as well.
I can't believe that you are actually getting it. I think we have to get rid of the guy. He just isn't cutting it.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 15 May, 2016 11:55 pm

I didn't think the front row was that bad. Problem is when Dogs are cutting us up out wide, forwards have to cover a lot of metres in chasing, they get spend in D and then have to take hitups out of our own red zone.

Bulldogs tactical kicking was superior to ours and they didn't give us free ball.

Considering Dogs open with Tolman and Graham, then run on Klemmer and Kasiano, I thought our front row went alright against what is a fully rep-quality prop rotation.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 May, 2016 5:17 am

Dingo wrote:Woods is the biggest powder puff in the game. Hodgo at 73kg used to run harder then him. Embarrassing.
One thing that Potter deserved credit for was that he got Woods to actually put a bit of mongrel into his game, but he's gone back to his soft game since then.
I never thought I'd say that I don't want one our players wouldn't make the SOO, but I wouldn't have a regret in the world if he missed out this year. I'm sick of hearing how many metres he runs. He's Soft.
Both in attack and especially in defence
I feel sorry for ET. I hope we are paying him a bucketload of money, because we have no one that will want to share the workload with him. We have a popgun pack,

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 16 May, 2016 6:30 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Dingo wrote:Woods is the biggest powder puff in the game. Hodgo at 73kg used to run harder then him. Embarrassing.
One thing that Potter deserved credit for was that he got Woods to actually put a bit of mongrel into his game, but he's gone back to his soft game since then.
I never thought I'd say that I don't want one our players wouldn't make the SOO, but I wouldn't have a regret in the world if he missed out this year. I'm sick of hearing how many metres he runs. He's Soft.
Both in attack and especially in defence
I feel sorry for ET. I hope we are paying him a bucketload of money, because we have no one that will want to share the workload with him. We have a popgun pack,
Well, ET wanted to play FG! Good luck son, you'll need it with the bludgers you're playing with.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 16 May, 2016 12:50 pm

king sirro wrote:I thought the first 20 minutes Ava was non existant and Grant got dominated.

Woods came on and got involved but was soft.

Even with Hints coathanger tackle, James Grahamwas carrying on like the gurb he is and Woods dod nothing. Im so sick of the Tigers having weak players. Have a go. Woods should have got in Grahams face and put him in his place.

We have no mongrel, no grub and no heart.
Grant gets dominated in attack and defence every week.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 May, 2016 1:14 pm

This has got to be Woods most average yr since coming into first grade. He gets to the defensive line every time and complete seazes up, standing like a statue. Doesn't even attempt the offload, even when it's on.

What I want to know with Woods is where is the guy who scored that try in Origin last yr at the MCG when he practically ran through a brick wall.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 16 May, 2016 1:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:This has got to be Woods most average yr since coming into first grade. He gets to the defensive line every time and complete seazes up, standing like a statue. Doesn't even attempt the offload, even when it's on.

What I want to know with Woods is where is the guy who scored that try in Origin last yr at the MCG when he practically ran through a brick wall.
One more game like yesterday's from Woods and he'll be an official plodder in my books .
So much for being an inspirational captain .. Pfft
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 16 May, 2016 1:26 pm

First week back from injury and I thought Woods did well. Curious about the complaints about off loads because this is all part of JT's percentage football. Why complain now because many of you couldn't get enough of JT!

When was the last time Lawrence made a clean break? He is supposed to be in the team as a hole running second row forward but there was nothing of that but two mistakes which directly lead to tries.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 16 May, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm not too worried about our Prop Rotation now ET is in the team. Effectively, we now have Woods, Ava, Grant & Sue in rotation, plus JJ as back-up and once this gets settled into a regular rotation, it could be really solid. My only concern is the line we play. We need our Props to play tighter in attack and build some quick PTB. Once this can happen, we will give our left edge early ball & more room to operate in.

I do however want to see some changes to the Right Side. Defensively, I'd put Aloiai inside Moses and Chee-Kam outside him. Personally, Michael is more suited to playing Centre than Backrow and this should allow us to lock up one side of the field. Give Josh a few weeks playing Second Row, and I am confident you will see a better combination and more starch in Defence!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Mon 16 May, 2016 1:49 pm

One of the problems is our front rowers are hitting the line too wide like watto said, they need to hit tighter even try hitting the hole back in behind the play the ball.. Rule number 1 for attacking edges is you need to collapse the middle first.

scruffy1

Post by scruffy1 » Mon 16 May, 2016 1:58 pm

Shannon Gallant from Wests Massey is(significantly) better than any FB option we have in FG or Cup at present.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 16 May, 2016 4:09 pm

Right side fix next week is MCK into right centre, JAC to right wing, the other two guys dropped. If we are for real and JT follows up on the "frustration" he explained in the presser, Nofo and Kev bite the bullet for at least a week or two. Nofo already had enough horrendous efforts against Souths to be on thin ice.

No point having depth if you don't lean on it. I understand there is a limit to # players you can use, but MCK and JAC have only played 1 game each.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Tue 17 May, 2016 6:59 pm

When he first came into grade in 2011 it was good to see, a big lump of a lad that you just knew had the potential to be a rep player, but for the life of me I cant ever remember him having any sort of mongrel in him at all, ever. Just a plod up to the defensive line, take the tackle play the ball. In defence he flops more then Hindy and thats saying something, but Hindy played a lot of rep and wasn't noted for his attack and aggression, neither is Woods unfortunately, something we desperately need.