Absolute disaster, not first grade standard

WestsSupporter

Absolute disaster, not first grade standard

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:13 pm

How else could you describe that? Edge defence had no clue. Players rushing out of the line for no reason. No last-play direction. No shape on kick returns - players always bunched up. Amateur hour.

Not up to first grade standard.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:20 pm

Embarassing. After the spirit and desire last game to put up crap like that makes me embarassed to be a supporter. Brooks and Moses cannot co exist. The plan of tryinf to go through the middle of the biggest pack of the comp was the dumbest thing ive seen.and the defence... wow. What qere they doing. Too much up and in not enough slide. Panic everyrime they went wide

RobWT

Unread post by RobWT » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:24 pm

Not sure what else can be said about this team.

Winnipeg
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Winnipeg » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:45 pm

I wish the club would announce which weeks the team feels like playing so I know when to bother watching

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:47 pm

It was amateur hour. Who put together the game plan ? Who came up with the defensive structures ?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:52 pm

stevetiger wrote:It was amateur hour. Who put together the game plan ? Who came up with the defensive structures ?
Kidwell ran the training sessions this week...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:53 pm

stevetiger wrote:It was amateur hour. Who put together the game plan ? Who came up with the defensive structures ?

There was a plan? There was a defensive structure?
Last edited by Eye Of Da Tiger on Sun 15 May, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 15 May, 2016 6:54 pm

Some of our most experienced players were our worst. The right side centre and winger of course plus Lawrence was responsible for tries 2 and 3.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:09 pm

It might be worth bearing in mind we had lost 3 of our selected starting players (all forwards) before half time and two after I think 20 odd minutes. Its worth mentioning that every dud refereeing decision that was made - and there were plenty - went against us. At least three of their tries involved dud or dubious decisions. Also it happens that the Dogs came to play today and were as fired up as I have seen them since round 1. An 'absolute disaster not first grade standard' was Newcastle today. I thought we played poorly, especially the halves who I am tiring of rapidly and Nofaluma. And Kevvie wasnt much if any better. However in the circumstances of the above, not a complete disaster.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:09 pm

It was like they had 2 weeks off drinking in Bali and forgot how to play footy.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Tigerheart_returns

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:12 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:It might be worth bearing in mind we had lost 3 of our selected starting players (all forwards) before half time and two after I think 20 odd minutes. Its worth mentioning that every dud refereeing decision that was made - and there were plenty - went against us. At least three of their tries involved dud or dubious decisions. Also it happens that the Dogs came to play today and were as fired up as I have seen them since round 1. An 'absolute disaster not first grade standard' was Newcastle today. I thought we played poorly, especially the halves who I am tiring of rapidly and Nofaluma. And Kevvie wasnt much if any better. However in the circumstances of the above, not a complete disaster.
Glass always half full, right? ... Mate, blaming the referee, dogs fired up, really did you expect them to just not turn up? I am kind of getting used to this from the WT :oops:

WTDiehard
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by WTDiehard » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:15 pm

Very ordinary effort. RHS defence is hopeless.

There were a number of players today that were ordinary but the more I watch Brooks and Moses in this side TOGETHER......the more I am convinced that one needs to part with the club. Moses IMO has much more heart. Brooks is too gun shy...don't know what he is about as a footballer.

To think these guys are putting themselves on the market for $800k a season from what I've heard.

To be honest guys like Mbye, Hunt, Milford, Cronk etc are probably either not on that money or on that money and would be head and shoulders above brooks/moses.

IMO even if both left the club....ATM, it would be no great loss.

Tigerheart_returns

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:23 pm

Comparing Brooks and Moses to Hunt, Milford, Cronk is like comparing Taylor to Bennett or Bellamy...$800k a season...tell them they're dreaming (citation).

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:39 pm

Ohh wait we beat souths last game( who by there own coaches admission were not trying and an embarrassment) we took Melbourne to golden point ( the storm played the worst game I have ever seen them play, Smith made rookie errors).
These are all the excuses for the Taylor apologists, I said at the time, those games just papered over the cracks, they were not true reflections of where we are.
Souths just rolled the fired up parra, and the storm beat the cowboys, they are the true form guide as to how we are traveling, and they are the true reflections of both Melbourne and souths.
I can't believe there would be still people out there supporting the coach and the way we he is coaching our side, he has to go and go now.
Go hard or go home

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:45 pm

There has to be ramifications for the performance today ,even allowing for the injuries..Brooks well a stint in the reggies if you do not like it see you in another clubs jersey . Either Nofo Or Kevie not both ,a heart has to be found for Mr Simona what a powder puff. Siro Siro find another club,Jason Taylor well it is time to put up or resign ..you are the head coach I am tired very tired of watching this team of players go about there duties in such an unprofessional manner more like the attitude of park footballers ,I have been willing to give you the season to show what you have to offer but what is offered to us supporters atm is utter garbage time you put up and coached this side as a professional working unit ..If you are not capable PLEASE ply your trade elsewhere..

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:51 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:How else could you describe that? Edge defence had no clue. Players rushing out of the line for no reason. No last-play direction. No shape on kick returns - players always bunched up. Amateur hour.

We were comprehensively outplayed in all facets, player's mental outlook and ability, coach tactics and team selection. A one-off win against a lacklustre Souths seems like a fake/mirage especially when you consider the massacres we suffered in the match before Souths (against Canberra).

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 15 May, 2016 7:54 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:How else could you describe that? Edge defence had no clue. Players rushing out of the line for no reason. No last-play direction. No shape on kick returns - players always bunched up. Amateur hour.

Can't argue with any of that.

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:08 pm

I'm afraid until this club ( if it ever does) spends some big coin, this is the same crap that will be dished up. When players can play at some clubs where more than 2 million in 3rd party payments are made, then you have clubs like ours that are more like 200k in the same category, you will never attract the talent.

Can anybody really say money doesn't buy success in the NRL? All the clubs that are at the top are wealthy, more so than anything in their ability to "attract" 3rd party sponsorship. The old saying is you get what you pay for, that includes coaches

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs”