Absolute disaster, not first grade standard

Tigerheart_returns
Member
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon 18 May, 2015 7:48 am

Re: Absolute disaster, not first grade standard

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:21 pm

Can anybody really say money doesn't buy success in the NRL?

Well, let's see...Sharks, Warriors, Souths, Panthers...taking Souths out, not exactly winning a lot of premierships are they? But I get your point, and with no money, we better get used to what we see from the WT..


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:23 pm

851 wrote:Ohh wait we beat souths last game( who by there own coaches admission were not trying and an embarrassment) we took Melbourne to golden point ( the storm played the worst game I have ever seen them play, Smith made rookie errors).
These are all the excuses for the Taylor apologists, I said at the time, those games just papered over the cracks, they were not true reflections of where we are.
Souths just rolled the fired up parra, and the storm beat the cowboys, they are the true form guide as to how we are traveling, and they are the true reflections of both Melbourne and souths.
I can't believe there would be still people out there supporting the coach and the way we he is coaching our side, he has to go and go now.
The thing that I cannot stand with Taylor is that he is so afraid to make positive changes to our first grade roster. It is as if he does not want to do this because he knows that he does have the coaching ability to mould a team which includes a number of new players.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18817
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:26 pm

Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7006
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:29 pm

Newtown wrote:
851 wrote:Ohh wait we beat souths last game( who by there own coaches admission were not trying and an embarrassment) we took Melbourne to golden point ( the storm played the worst game I have ever seen them play, Smith made rookie errors).
These are all the excuses for the Taylor apologists, I said at the time, those games just papered over the cracks, they were not true reflections of where we are.
Souths just rolled the fired up parra, and the storm beat the cowboys, they are the true form guide as to how we are traveling, and they are the true reflections of both Melbourne and souths.
I can't believe there would be still people out there supporting the coach and the way we he is coaching our side, he has to go and go now.
The thing that I cannot stand with Taylor is that he is so afraid to make positive changes to our first grade roster. It is as if he does not want to do this because he knows that he does have the coaching ability to mould a team which includes a number of new players.
The words Taylor and Coach shouldn't be used in the same sentence .
Ok we lost a couple of players today , but what was with that crap we seen for the backline ?

What's Taylor been doing with the squad for 2 weeks ??.... Besides making fairy bread ?
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:30 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:Can anybody really say money doesn't buy success in the NRL?

Well, let's see...Sharks, Warriors, Souths, Panthers...taking Souths out, not exactly winning a lot of premierships are they? But I get your point, and with no money, we better get used to what we see from the WT..
Winning premierships no, but since money came in, Souths went from bottom to Premiers, Sharks from our whipping boys to top 4, Panthers have had some horrible injury years and still made the semis in one of them and the Warriors, well it seems only Cleary and Daniel Anderson know how to work them.

Money won't guarantee success, but apart from the very rare fairytale, no money almost guarantees failure.


stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
I think the coach has to go first.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
Whilst that is true, the coach should be able to at least get the players to try, and play to some type of game plan, our players neither try or look to be playing to any structure or game plan. :bash
Go hard or go home

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Unread post by tigerlogic » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:36 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Some of our most experienced players were our worst. The right side centre and winger of course plus Lawrence was responsible for tries 2 and 3.

Dogs second try happened down our left edge, as soon as simona went off and Lovett went out their to play in the left..
Can't remember third try

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2594
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:36 pm

Our players seem to be going through the motions. The forwards look like they are conserving energy in order to play the minutes that they are expected to play. We do not have anyone that is going at 100 mph, playing themselves into the ground and then getting replaced for a rest.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18817
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:36 pm

stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
I think the coach has to go first.
And what happens when the next coach is getting nothing out of them? At what point do these players take some responsibility?

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
I think the coach has to go first.
And what happens when the next coach is getting nothing out of them? At what point do these players take some responsibility?
We can reassess that as well but the coach has been terrible and we have no structure in attack or defence.

User avatar
helmesy
Member
Member
Posts: 1836
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by helmesy » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:05 pm

Tigers were simply bashed out of that game today, we need more muscle in the backline i.e. Naiqama and Simona to the wings and a couple of big, fast centres (like Morris twins).

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:17 pm

helmesy wrote:Tigers were simply bashed out of that game today, we need more muscle in the backline i.e. Naiqama and Simona to the wings and a couple of big, fast centres (like Morris twins).
Spot on - Taylor can pay for them with the small change in his fob pocket.

Why do we get silly suggestions.

We know what we need - why don't you tell us where to get the dough - who has the brown paper bags for us?

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:20 pm

Russell wrote:
helmesy wrote:Tigers were simply bashed out of that game today, we need more muscle in the backline i.e. Naiqama and Simona to the wings and a couple of big, fast centres (like Morris twins).
Spot on - Taylor can pay for them with the small change in his fob pocket.

Why do we get silly suggestions.

We know what we need - why don't you tell us where to get the dough - who has the brown paper bags for us?
Ask the Parramatta Directors, they know all about brown paper bag suppliers and how to get away with using the commodity for at least three years.

Go Moltzen
Member
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat 18 Dec, 2010 10:21 am

Unread post by Go Moltzen » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:25 pm

Unless the team improves soon coach Taylor should be sacked no later than season end. Hopefully Tigers management have a new coach lined up for 2017.
It is almost impossible to list all the bad plays today. Some Tigers played like cowards. Their performance was pathetic & an embarrassment to themselves & the club.
The Cowboys or Broncos would have scored 60 to 70 points against us today.

thaitiger
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:19 pm

Unread post by thaitiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:34 pm

What an absolute disgraceful performance today!!!!!!
The Media Conference was a joke. I am sick & tired of hearing the same old excuses & mealy mouthed statements about our lack of execution and effort but nothing changes?????
These players train all off season & during the week but fail to execute in games????WTF????\
I am missing something ??? Do your jobs no excuses or get sacked!!!!!!!!!
Is that plain enough for this clown of a coach & this team????I am sick & tired of either mediocrity or disgraceful unacceptable performances like today.
Get Real or get r----d.\

User avatar
cunno
Member
Member
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:42 pm

Unread post by cunno » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:57 pm

It's games like today's when I get home after being at the game and give myself an uppercut for not staying home and watching on tv, same level of effort as most of the players. The highlight for me today was meeting buckets in the lift.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:07 pm

Russell wrote:
helmesy wrote:Tigers were simply bashed out of that game today, we need more muscle in the backline i.e. Naiqama and Simona to the wings and a couple of big, fast centres (like Morris twins).
Spot on - Taylor can pay for them with the small change in his fob pocket.

Why do we get silly suggestions.

We know what we need - why don't you tell us where to get the dough - who has the brown paper bags for us?
Liverpool rd Ashfield.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs”