Kev

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Kev

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 16 May, 2016 10:55 am

Goose wrote:Kev and Noffa together are very weak structurally in defence, that is close to our biggest issue (if it isnt)

Brooks breaks structure (despite being capable of sticking to it) with impulsive plays, normally an intercept. Which is immaturity, and fixable.

Kev and Noffa, I dont know what the answer is.... Buy a centre??
The answer is drop one or both to reserve grade next week.

Call up Chee Kam and/or JAC. These two have a great combo in attack and defence at state cup level, so why not give them a chance to show what they can do together on the big stage. Plenty of strike between them.

Although if Hunt is out Rankin will go to fullback, meaning JAC could go to the other wing. Saving Nofo.

yeti
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by yeti » Mon 16 May, 2016 11:20 am

I agree, Chee Kam is a must and I'd also like to see JAC play another game. And while we're at it, I think Joel Edwards should be given a second chance to show if he can deliver. Perfect opportunity after that pathetic showing by our forwards this week.

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 16 May, 2016 4:11 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Goose wrote:Kev and Noffa together are very weak structurally in defence, that is close to our biggest issue (if it isnt)

Brooks breaks structure (despite being capable of sticking to it) with impulsive plays, normally an intercept. Which is immaturity, and fixable.

Kev and Noffa, I dont know what the answer is.... Buy a centre??
The answer is drop one or both to reserve grade next week.

Call up Chee Kam and/or JAC. These two have a great combo in attack and defence at state cup level, so why not give them a chance to show what they can do together on the big stage. Plenty of strike between them.

Although if Hunt is out Rankin will go to fullback, meaning JAC could go to the other wing. Saving Nofo.
Totally agree and posted this in another thread. Kev and Nofo have made enough defensive errors over more than one game to give the other guys a run.

Chevy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Chevy » Mon 16 May, 2016 4:53 pm

This pair have absolutely no idea in defence,every opportunity given they both run inside leaving opposition players unmarked and free to score,clearly they have no faith with their inside defenders so this issue is going to keep repeating itself until they are moved on,both deserve to be punted asap.

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Mon 16 May, 2016 5:45 pm

As someone alluded to before. It's a domino affect. When one runs in so does the other otherwise a yawning gap is created. The person with the least blame is the winger (Noffa). He can only react to what is happening inside him.

Kevvy and Mitch were both guilty at various stages of running in. It seemed to me that they were not reading the dogs decoys and block runners at all.

Perhaps a coaching deficiency but I would expect first grade players to be able to read that. If anything it's a trust issue between the Moses and Kev.

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 16 May, 2016 6:00 pm

coopy wrote:As someone alluded to before. It's a domino affect. When one runs in so does the other otherwise a yawning gap is created. The person with the least blame is the winger (Noffa). He can only react to what is happening inside him.

Kevvy and Mitch were both guilty at various stages of running in. It seemed to me that they were not reading the dogs decoys and block runners at all.

Perhaps a coaching deficiency but I would expect first grade players to be able to read that. If anything it's a trust issue between the Moses and Kev.

Coaching issue.....our defensive coach..clearly cant coach D...

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs”