Josh Reynolds

Cosimo_Zaretti

Josh Reynolds

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:43 pm

Edit- The following is wrong, and I'll concede that. I'll leave it up though, because it's interesting looking at how the incident looked from the ground

I was at ANZ this evening, so I didn't hear what the commentators had to say. All I knew is I saw Josh Reynolds drop his knees into Farah, and Farah didn't get up.

It was one of the nastiest cheap shots I've ever seen, going from an 'oopsies clumsy me' (who trips knees first?) to the old 'oh sir, I think he's hurt' when he realises how much trouble he's in.

I've never been so upset at a game, like ever. I had no voice left from screaming at Reynolds. I was almost in tears wanting to see some sign of life from Robbie.

I was on the usual news sites at half time trying to get some news on Robbie's condition, but nothing. On the big screen they showed the stretcher moving through the stadium in the second half, and with no audio that looked ugly.

At full time I started fonding news on my phone. Robbie ok, hospital just precautionary.

Then the phrase in the Herald article 'Apparently accidental'

Accidental? It was so over the top it looked staged, like some TV wrestling move, but ok that's the line they're going with, not going to defame a player before it's been through the judiciary.

Then the Foxsport and News.com coverage started gushing about Reynolds sportsmanship. #joshreynolds and #sportsmanship is apparently what's trending. This oxygen thief grub reynolds does his best to break the NSW hookers neck in backplay and the NRL's spin is to make this a feelgood story about what a wonderful human being he is.

Am I just paranoid after years following the Tigers or did I watch #historyisrewritten just as #historyhappens?

Lets see the match review committee can come up with a 'grade 1 careless dog shot in back play' and a week with an early guilty plea.

In the meantime lets form a circle and sing Kumbayaa for Josh Reynolds' sportsmanship.
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti on Mon 16 May, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:48 pm

Today proved to me that Josh Reynolds is well and truly the Grub everyone's been calling him...His deliberate dropping of the knees to Farah's head whilst he was knocked out was a despicable act...then to make out he was concerned was just BS...he should be rubbed out for 6 weeks for that.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:57 pm

Lol

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 15 May, 2016 8:57 pm

Watch a reply you drama queens.
He didnt drop the knees into him. Farah knocked himself out trying to force pressure on Reynolds clearing kick, then Reynolds tripped over his body on the ground.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:01 pm

Reynolds has a record of being quite vindicIive and I completely agree that Reynolds' kneeing was certainly not accidental. However as far as I know Reynolds was not even cited by the referee to appear before the judiciary and no penalty was awarded.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:04 pm

I think he missed...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:05 pm

Can understand the emotion.

Can understand the love for Robbie.

Can understand the hate for Reynolds being a grub.

However cannot understand people shooting their mouth off if they didn't watch the replays - or that they watched them with their eyes closed.

Robbie did it to himself.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:05 pm

Hahahm..classic example od jumping the gun before having a good look. Been guilty of it many times myself so not bagging anyone.

Reynolds didnt land his knees into Farah. It was all Robbie's doing hitting Josh's hip and knocking himself out. Very unfortunate but no fault of Reynolds.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:07 pm

This reminds of Chopper

''Why would I knee a bloke in the face, bang, than in the same motion bloody signal to the sideline for help cos he's hurt his neck then take his mouthguard out. It defeats the purpose of having kneed him in the first place''

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:07 pm

WTF is going on? ? Do people remove their brains when we lose our something?
He showed real concern for Farah. As for him supposedly kneeing him? Just WOW .

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:08 pm

I think Reynolds is is one of the biggest grubs in the game.... that said, I dont think he did it on purpose, and if he did he barely glance off his cheek. Just looked bad because Robbie was out cold. Both his feet we hooked under Robbie and he was bouncing as most kickers do after putting one up.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:09 pm

stryker wrote:Watch a reply you drama queens.
He didnt drop the knees into him. Farah knocked himself out trying to force pressure on Reynolds clearing kick, then Reynolds tripped over his body on the ground.
Yep the initial knockout is from the tackle, so Farah is already unconscious when Reynolds decides to go all Mortal Kombat and finish him.

When you trip over something, your foot or feet come to a stop and your upper body keeps going. Reynolds kept his bodyweight centred over farah's body as his knees came down around the head and kneck.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:10 pm

My head is spinning

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:12 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
stryker wrote:Watch a reply you drama queens.
Yep the initial knockout is from the tackle, so Farah is already unconscious when Reynolds decides to go all Mortal Kombat and finish him.

When you trip over something, your foot or feet come to a stop and your upper body keeps going. Reynolds kept his bodyweight centred over farah's body as his knees came down around the head and kneck.
He tripped over cos he was off balance cos Farah tackled him as he was kicking the ball

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:13 pm

anyone who thinks Reynolds didn't drop his knees on purpose and "fell over Farah"is a complete idiot that should never have their opinion heard from again. Reynolds had a turtle head poking out once he realised how serious Robbie was. Absolutely pooing himself. We all know channel nine doesnt replay mistakes and pushes their aganda, 1 replay of widesrceen on TV where you actually see him look down and go knees first. The commentators go "blah blah blah it was an accident blah blah blah" every other replay was then a tight shot of Robbie on the ground.

Reynolds has shown on many occasions what a grub he is, more will be said about this, actually watch a full screen replay before commenting, he deliberately goes down "tripping" knees first, then poos himself. Greg Bird acted better with his shot to the throat in origin a couple of years ago.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:15 pm

Farah knocked himself out on Reynolds hip who then tripped over his body and landed on his knees on the ground past farahs head. He did nothing wrong

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:16 pm

Dingo wrote:anyone who thinks Reynolds didn't drop his knees on purpose and "fell over Farah"is a complete idiot that should never have their opinion heard from again. Reynolds had a turtle head poking out once he realised how serious Robbie was. Absolutely pooing himself. We all know channel nine doesnt replay mistakes and pushes their aganda, 1 replay of widesrceen on TV where you actually see him look down and go knees first. The commentators go "blah blah blah it was an accident blah blah blah" every other replay was then a tight shot of Robbie on the ground.

Reynolds has shown on many occasions what a grub he is, more will be said about this, actually watch a full screen replay before commenting, he deliberately goes down "tripping" knees first, then poos himself. Greg Bird acted better with his shot to the throat in origin a couple of years ago.
Speaking of idiots....Dingo..i mean bingo
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 May, 2016 9:19 pm

OMG..wow
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..