Brooks

tiga4eva

Brooks

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:38 pm

We have zero possession for the first 15mins of the 2nd half, finally get the ball in the Dogs 30 and he chip kicks to the Dogs winger on tackle 3?????? He repeatedly kicks into legs, and never gets us a repeat set.
The rumours are that we may of lose one of the halves,
Do we really want Brooks on massive money?
He hasn't improved in 50 games, will he ever?
This is a huge call, but should the Club pull the deal and look for a more consistent option, because the combo between Moses and him doesn't seem to be working as we'd hoped. I think Moses may be a better option,long term.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:41 pm

tiga4eva wrote:We have zero possession for the first 15mins of the 2nd half, finally get the ball in the Dogs 30 and he chip kicks to the Dogs winger on tackle 3?????? He repeatedly kicks into legs, and never gets us a repeat set.
This is a huge call, but should the Club pull the deal and look for a more consistent option, because the combo between Moses and him doesn't seem to be working as we'd hoped. I think Moses may be a better option,long term.
?????? You do realise he has the option - not the Wests Tigers.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:41 pm

He has the option in his favour re contract for next year. What if those with authority to sign him suddenly get really busy and unable to meet with him and his manager before June 30?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:43 pm

His price tag is plunging by the week.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:45 pm

Paying out contracts early never works, Unless someone else is going to pay for him keep him. I wouldn't want to pay him to play against us we could really end up with egg on our face.

For what its worth I think he would really shine if we used Moses as the main go to man and Brooks chimes in when he sees an option.

Brooks overplays when there is nothing on, Moses against my initial opinion of him shows great restraint. If you put the ball in Brooks hand less, and get Moses to run the show I think the pair will become more aligned again, maybe they are changing roles as they grow....

I also don't like them playing either side of the ruck, they have plenty of experience now, let them play a roving style if there is a short blindside, Its not as if we ever go the shorter side anyway.
Last edited by Bob on Sun 15 May, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:46 pm

At a strong club he would have 12 months in NSW to either make or break his career.

Here he is running around on 600K with no pressure to perform and an option in his favour.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:46 pm

Russell wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:We have zero possession for the first 15mins of the 2nd half, finally get the ball in the Dogs 30 and he chip kicks to the Dogs winger on tackle 3?????? He repeatedly kicks into legs, and never gets us a repeat set.
Yes, but he's after an extension on that. I'm wondering if he's a long term option. I'm struggling to see him as an nrl player at the moment,let alone an elite player.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 15 May, 2016 11:44 pm

Brooks is doing some good things but unfortunately a lot of trash aswell. To me at least he takes the line on which is more then I can say for his halves mate. If we were to only keep one to me it's Luke any day.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 15 May, 2016 11:55 pm

Bob wrote:Paying out contracts early never works, Unless someone else is going to pay for him keep him. I wouldn't want to pay him to play against us we could really end up with egg on our face.

For what its worth I think he would really shine if we used Moses as the main go to man and Brooks chimes in when he sees an option.

Brooks overplays when there is nothing on, Moses against my initial opinion of him shows great restraint. If you put the ball in Brooks hand less, and get Moses to run the show I think the pair will become more aligned again, maybe they are changing roles as they grow....

I also don't like them playing either side of the ruck, they have plenty of experience now, let them play a roving style if there is a short blindside, Its not as if we ever go the shorter side anyway.
I agree with most of this comment except for the bit about restraint. Earlier on Moses tended to try the miracle play too often but now he appears to have lost confidence as a play maker. There is no doubt that Brooks resembles a chook without its head much of the time. He tries hard but really has no idea of how to organize the team as a good halfback should. Yes, the forwards were going backwards, but after 50 games he should have more of an idea of how to pass, kick and lead despite the lack of go forward.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 16 May, 2016 9:16 am

Been saying all this from day one about Brooks, I never saw what all the hype was about with him, glad you're all finally seeing it too.
What took you so long?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 May, 2016 9:27 am

tiga4eva wrote:
Russell wrote:
Yes, but he's after an extension on that. I'm wondering if he's a long term option. I'm struggling to see him as an nrl player at the moment,let alone an elite player.
Why would they give either of them an extension.......no one else is going to give them big money, ( or maybe any money at all)

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 16 May, 2016 10:05 am

We really need to cut ties with him right now starting with Newcastle game.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 16 May, 2016 10:59 am

With Quadja gone there's no chance he'll be dropped anytime soon. Even though a month in nsw cup might help him regain some confidence at bossing the park.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 16 May, 2016 11:51 am

Balmain Boy wrote:With Quadja gone there's no chance he'll be dropped anytime soon. Even though a month in nsw cup might help him regain some confidence at bossing the park.

Where did he go?

everett

Post by everett » Mon 16 May, 2016 12:09 pm

Widnes (Super League)
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

everett

Post by everett » Mon 16 May, 2016 12:09 pm

Widnes (Super League)
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 16 May, 2016 12:17 pm

I have always been a person who gives everyone a chance,whether it be in work or sport...

Brooks as I have said before..OVERHYPED------OVERATED....FAILED TO DELIVER IN THE BIG ARENA....

He has had plenty of time.........
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 16 May, 2016 12:25 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:With Quadja gone there's no chance he'll be dropped anytime soon. Even though a month in nsw cup might help him regain some confidence at bossing the park.
What's wrong with Littlejohn taking Brook's place in first grade and Brook dropping to state Cup? I am sick and tired of Wests Tigers' sacred cows thinking that they have a mortgage to play first grade right throughout their career.