JAC

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25606
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: JAC

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:45 pm

I've yet to see any of the alleged defensive liabilities most were saying JAC displayed before he got a go
Keep please.... He's exciting and a character... We could use these qualities


Chadman's Ghost
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:55 pm

supercoach wrote:
Russell wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:Have to say, I now think JAC has to be considered every week.

I'd keep him outside Simona, personally, until we are sure that the other side of defense (ie- the centre position) is solidified. I liked MCK out there. I thought his defense was solid- never looked over run.

I like Nofa, but I'm starting to worry that the negatives are outweighing the positives. His reads are awful (could be a result of extra bad reads inside him) & as has been mentioned- looks uncertain under the high ball. I think he has to stay as long as Tedesco is out though- he is CLEARLY a better player than Hunt.

If MCK can make the centre spot his own, then i believe the wing spot outside him becomes a battle between (in order) Rankin, Nofa & Kev.

On a side note- I believe Mitchell Moses is a better fullback than 5/8. If we didn't have Tedesco, I'd play Rankin at 5/8 & have Moses inject himself from fullback.


Lastly, the fact that Rankin is our kicker, and doesn't make poor decisions, puts him in the 1st grade team. No, he's not explosive. But he's reliable. And if we think Rankin is a poor kicker, well Moses is worse.

Do I remember correctly- did Simona kick goals in the juniors?
Simona kicked for Samoa a few years back and would'nt kick a hole in a wet paper bag.

Rankin is a good one and we should keep him. Where to play him when Teddy comes back if JAC takes his wing spot - easy at No 2.

MCK, I think is a second rower, can fill in at centre. I don't like the idea of dropping Kev - he has been one of our better players in the majority of our games this year (not all admittedly) and he is not a winger. So if you have MCK, you have to drop Kev imo.

I also think that Moses should be the half and absolute playmaker with Brooks at 5/8 taking on the line. Moses needs to run the show - no 50/50 or sometimes this or that - absolute power. Playing him at FB is ludicrous imo.

Just my opinion. I am sure most disagree.

Wait to you see "Rush UP Kev" against the Bronks, they will be running into massive gaps all night. I would drop both Nofo and Kev they are massive liabilities in defence
I can't fault Kev's attitude in the game. And he's quite explosive with the ball in his hands.

His actual tackling ability is quite good, but his reads are terrible, and coupled with Nofa outside him, they were embarrassingly poor against the Bulldogs.

Given what I have seen this year, he's a winger playing centre. I'd be very tempted to keep MCK at centre- not as explosive, but his defensive reads are much better.

I guess that pits Kev against Nofa, JAC & Rankin for a wing spot.

User avatar
CocaCola
Member
Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by CocaCola » Mon 23 May, 2016 3:17 pm

1. JAC took his opportunity with both hands and deserves to keep his spot unless he hits a form slump (see point 2).

2. Nofo - currently in a form slump, needs to be replaced by someone who actually plays wing. (see point 3)

3. Rankin is not a winger or centre, either trial him in the halves or drop him from the side (regardless if he is a goal kicker) when Teddy returns. (see point 4)

4. Teddy is a superstar.

5. No more backward steps, no more shifting players out of position, lets get real & drop players on form slump. There are others waiting for their opportunity to showcase what they can do (see point 1).

6. When you are consistent & play like a superstar, you walk back in the side when you are ready to go. (see point 4.)

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 23 May, 2016 3:37 pm

Chadman's Ghost wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Russell wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:Have to say, I now think JAC has to be considered every week.

I'd keep him outside Simona, personally, until we are sure that the other side of defense (ie- the centre position) is solidified. I liked MCK out there. I thought his defense was solid- never looked over run.

I like Nofa, but I'm starting to worry that the negatives are outweighing the positives. His reads are awful (could be a result of extra bad reads inside him) & as has been mentioned- looks uncertain under the high ball. I think he has to stay as long as Tedesco is out though- he is CLEARLY a better player than Hunt.

If MCK can make the centre spot his own, then i believe the wing spot outside him becomes a battle between (in order) Rankin, Nofa & Kev.

On a side note- I believe Mitchell Moses is a better fullback than 5/8. If we didn't have Tedesco, I'd play Rankin at 5/8 & have Moses inject himself from fullback.


Lastly, the fact that Rankin is our kicker, and doesn't make poor decisions, puts him in the 1st grade team. No, he's not explosive. But he's reliable. And if we think Rankin is a poor kicker, well Moses is worse.

Do I remember correctly- did Simona kick goals in the juniors?
Simona kicked for Samoa a few years back and would'nt kick a hole in a wet paper bag.

Rankin is a good one and we should keep him. Where to play him when Teddy comes back if JAC takes his wing spot - easy at No 2.

MCK, I think is a second rower, can fill in at centre. I don't like the idea of dropping Kev - he has been one of our better players in the majority of our games this year (not all admittedly) and he is not a winger. So if you have MCK, you have to drop Kev imo.

I also think that Moses should be the half and absolute playmaker with Brooks at 5/8 taking on the line. Moses needs to run the show - no 50/50 or sometimes this or that - absolute power. Playing him at FB is ludicrous imo.

Just my opinion. I am sure most disagree.

Wait to you see "Rush UP Kev" against the Bronks, they will be running into massive gaps all night. I would drop both Nofo and Kev they are massive liabilities in defence
I can't fault Kev's attitude in the game. And he's quite explosive with the ball in his hands.

His actual tackling ability is quite good, but his reads are terrible, and coupled with Nofa outside him, they were embarrassingly poor against the Bulldogs.

Given what I have seen this year, he's a winger playing centre. I'd be very tempted to keep MCK at centre- not as explosive, but his defensive reads are much better.

I guess that pits Kev against Nofa, JAC & Rankin for a wing spot.
Kev is definitely not a winger. Can't catch a bomb to save himself. Nofo likewise drops more than he catches.
innsaneink wrote:I've yet to see any of the alleged defensive liabilities most were saying JAC displayed before he got a gos
You got to remember Ink, most of those who said he couldn't defend had never even seen him play before...

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6405
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 23 May, 2016 4:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:I've yet to see any of the alleged defensive liabilities most were saying JAC displayed before he got a go
Keep please.... He's exciting and a character... We could use these qualities

Only seen him play the two NRL games this year and some lower grade highlights, but what I have seen his defence seems okay and certainly better than a couple of others who get picked week in and week out.

The qualities i like, he has real speed,he is tall,he can catch and he seems to have some x factor about him. Anyway i hope Taylor bites the bullet and picks him for the rest of the season so we can see how he goes against the better sides


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3471
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 23 May, 2016 5:43 pm

CocaCola wrote:1. JAC took his opportunity with both hands and deserves to keep his spot unless he hits a form slump (see point 2).

2. Nofo - currently in a form slump, needs to be replaced by someone who actually plays wing. (see point 3)

3. Rankin is not a winger or centre, either trial him in the halves or drop him from the side (regardless if he is a goal kicker) when Teddy returns. (see point 4)

4. Teddy is a superstar.

5. No more backward steps, no more shifting players out of position, lets get real & drop players on form slump. There are others waiting for their opportunity to showcase what they can do (see point 1).

6. When you are consistent & play like a superstar, you walk back in the side when you are ready to go. (see point 4.)
Always sounds good in theory - what about the second tier salary cap - or do we just forget about it and pay all the fines.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 24 May, 2016 6:55 am

Addo Carr must be retained. It's been a while since we have pure speed and its mere presence creates doubt I. The defensive line.

Over the past few weeks, particularly against Canterbury the defensive line was holding before sliding when the ball was passed and the lack of pace allowed defenders time to do this.

I think with et in the pack we get a bit of latitude with the bench. Instead of carrying a bench hooker we can drop rankin to bench. We have been cruelled in many games by having to put a unsuitable bench forward inti the centres early in games.

Post Reply
cron