JAC

stevied

Re: JAC

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:18 am

Firstly, many of us have been saying for some time that JAC should be in first grade. He is extremely fast, a potential game breaker, excellent under the high ball and his defense is at least adequate and probably better than Nofo. He must be resigned for a further three years. The club are short sighted again if they don't act quickly before Melbourne or another astute club nab him from under our nose. I would leave Rankin at fullback (he was good again last night) and have JAC and Nofo as the wingers.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:52 am

Did we seriously play Milone before this guy ?

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:33 am

I can't see him staying, Taylor will screw him over by silly team selections once everyone is back fit and healthy

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:43 am

Id play Rankin in the centres and JAC on the wing.

Problem solved.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:38 am

i was impressed with his play.

i am disappointed in the way nofa and simona have performed recently.i tnink their positions are in question if jac deservedly plays first grade.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:03 am

I would be dropping Nofo and bringing Hunt back on one wing and JAC on the other and Rankin at fullback till Teddy is healthy

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:40 am

Rankin has to go. Decent player but not a quality first grader. JAC can win games for us.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:47 am

Rankin is a pretty good footballer who has been playing out of position but yesterday it was plain to see that he is a better fullback than Hunt and should continue to play there until Tedesco comes back. I think that, if he didn't have Tedesco in front of him, he would be our regular first grade fullback, which seems to be his best position. I haven't seen him in the halves so I can't comment on that.

As far as Addo Carr is concerned, he just oozes pace and I'd love to see him play regular firsts.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:44 pm

vlad wrote:Did we seriously play Milone before this guy ?
I know. So far probably the biggest joke of the year selection wise with our club.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:55 pm

Good comment, Sideline Eye. I really don't get all the hate for Rankin. Yes, he was a bit lost on the wing at times but, overall, he has been one of the best and consistent performers for the Tigers this year. He is very sound at fullback, running the ball back well and setting up the play with his ball skills.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 23 May, 2016 7:07 am

The rankin comments are spot on. He's been playing out of position and he's shown what he can do at the back - he's far better there. He's quality, just not a winger. I think Taylor just needed another goal kicker on there.

JAC will hopefully keep his spot from here on out. The only issue will be when Ted comes back and rankin shifts out of the #1.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 23 May, 2016 8:33 am

hammertime wrote:The rankin comments are spot on. He's been playing out of position and he's shown what he can do at the back - he's far better there. He's quality, just not a winger. I think Taylor just needed another goal kicker on there.

JAC will hopefully keep his spot from here on out. The only issue will be when Ted comes back and rankin shifts out of the #1.
Also agree about Rankin.
Got a feeling he is similar deal to Austin.
They will stuff around trying to fit him into right spot. To me he is 3/4 or centre. Not a winger.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 23 May, 2016 8:37 am

Have to say, I now think JAC has to be considered every week.

I'd keep him outside Simona, personally, until we are sure that the other side of defense (ie- the centre position) is solidified. I liked MCK out there. I thought his defense was solid- never looked over run.

I like Nofa, but I'm starting to worry that the negatives are outweighing the positives. His reads are awful (could be a result of extra bad reads inside him) & as has been mentioned- looks uncertain under the high ball. I think he has to stay as long as Tedesco is out though- he is CLEARLY a better player than Hunt.

If MCK can make the centre spot his own, then i believe the wing spot outside him becomes a battle between (in order) Rankin, Nofa & Kev.

On a side note- I believe Mitchell Moses is a better fullback than 5/8. If we didn't have Tedesco, I'd play Rankin at 5/8 & have Moses inject himself from fullback.

Lastly, the fact that Rankin is our kicker, and doesn't make poor decisions, puts him in the 1st grade team. No, he's not explosive. But he's reliable. And if we think Rankin is a poor kicker, well Moses is worse.

Do I remember correctly- did Simona kick goals in the juniors?

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 23 May, 2016 9:26 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:Have to say, I now think JAC has to be considered every week.

I'd keep him outside Simona, personally, until we are sure that the other side of defense (ie- the centre position) is solidified. I liked MCK out there. I thought his defense was solid- never looked over run.

I like Nofa, but I'm starting to worry that the negatives are outweighing the positives. His reads are awful (could be a result of extra bad reads inside him) & as has been mentioned- looks uncertain under the high ball. I think he has to stay as long as Tedesco is out though- he is CLEARLY a better player than Hunt.

If MCK can make the centre spot his own, then i believe the wing spot outside him becomes a battle between (in order) Rankin, Nofa & Kev.

On a side note- I believe Mitchell Moses is a better fullback than 5/8. If we didn't have Tedesco, I'd play Rankin at 5/8 & have Moses inject himself from fullback.

Lastly, the fact that Rankin is our kicker, and doesn't make poor decisions, puts him in the 1st grade team. No, he's not explosive. But he's reliable. And if we think Rankin is a poor kicker, well Moses is worse.

Simona kicked for Samoa a few years back and would'nt kick a hole in a wet paper bag.

Rankin is a good one and we should keep him. Where to play him when Teddy comes back if JAC takes his wing spot - easy at No 2.

MCK, I think is a second rower, can fill in at centre. I don't like the idea of dropping Kev - he has been one of our better players in the majority of our games this year (not all admittedly) and he is not a winger. So if you have MCK, you have to drop Kev imo.

I also think that Moses should be the half and absolute playmaker with Brooks at 5/8 taking on the line. Moses needs to run the show - no 50/50 or sometimes this or that - absolute power. Playing him at FB is ludicrous imo.

Just my opinion. I am sure most disagree.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 23 May, 2016 10:31 am

-Fast
-Actually plays like a winger
-Good under the high ball
-Exciting to watch
-Enthusiastic
-Does the dirty work
-Seems ok in defence
-Not expensive

Just shut up and sign him!

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 23 May, 2016 11:37 am

Was much better in the air than i gave him credit for. The best defensively of any of our wingers. This alone gets him a spot on one of the wings every week. The fact he's a potential game breaker in a team of average players only makes him more important. I don't think any of our other wingers would have finished the try which he scored either - they would have taken a step and come back infield.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:17 pm

He has had one good game in a row. But it would be hard to drop him.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:26 pm

Russell wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:Have to say, I now think JAC has to be considered every week.

Simona kicked for Samoa a few years back and would'nt kick a hole in a wet paper bag.

Rankin is a good one and we should keep him. Where to play him when Teddy comes back if JAC takes his wing spot - easy at No 2.

MCK, I think is a second rower, can fill in at centre. I don't like the idea of dropping Kev - he has been one of our better players in the majority of our games this year (not all admittedly) and he is not a winger. So if you have MCK, you have to drop Kev imo.

I also think that Moses should be the half and absolute playmaker with Brooks at 5/8 taking on the line. Moses needs to run the show - no 50/50 or sometimes this or that - absolute power. Playing him at FB is ludicrous imo.

Just my opinion. I am sure most disagree.

Wait to you see "Rush UP Kev" against the Bronks, they will be running into massive gaps all night. I would drop both Nofo and Kev they are massive liabilities in defence