Clunky at best

Cultured Bogan

Re: Clunky at best

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 21 May, 2016 9:39 pm

I haven't watched the game yet, but if Moses didn't fire again, I'd experiment with Rankin at 6.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:15 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I haven't watched the game yet, but if Moses didn't fire again, I'd experiment with Rankin at 6.
Do yourself a favour and don't watch the game. We fell over the line against one of the statistically worst teams in Rugby league History.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:17 pm

maxxy86 wrote:That was painful to watch and I hope jt makes a heap of changes.....my first move would be Taylor to 6.
He was a half, not a 5/8 and at 45might struggle

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Clunky? It was like 2 one legged seagullls fighting over the last chip. I really don't know what happened to the side that played in rounds 1 and 2. Yeah, i know the Warriors and Manly were ordinary, but we put them to the sword. Since then, we've played against a few teams who were ordinary on the day, Parra, Storm, Newcastle twice etc and manged to look even worse then them. We've regressed badly from the team that played those first 2 rounds.
We are short a Tedesco. Seriously he carries our attack, it will be good to see him back with ET in the side

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:42 pm

TYGA wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:I haven't watched the game yet, but if Moses didn't fire again, I'd experiment with Rankin at 6.
Do yourself a favour and don't watch the game. We fell over the line against one of the statistically worst teams in Rugby league History.
Splendid, I look forward to the inevitable hiding next year.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:56 pm

We would be so much better if we ended our sets with good kicks. This basic skill is beyond Brooks abilities and its been given long enough to sort itself out. Our season can't afford his inability anymore.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sat 21 May, 2016 11:25 pm

Clunky like a Datsun 180B that farted and sh#t itself in the driveway,next week could be embarrassing.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:56 am

Clunky is one word that could be used to describe the Tigers attack. You could also use ineffectual or impotent and I agree with the comment that we have regressed since the first two games. In Rounds 1 and 2 we looked really slick with good go forward from the forwards and smooth, accurate back line passing off the back of it. At the moment our halves do not combine well and they are not able to organize the play, execute moves or use effective kicking to build pressure. I keep saying it but Brooks needs a stint in second grade to develop his game and Rankin or Littlejohn should be partnered with Moses.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:57 am

Call me crazy but I think we're a chance against the Broncos, they would have got themselves up for that Cowboys game and IMO they are vulnerable against us because they won't take us too seriously. We can ambush them, we have to be smart about it though and that's where we might come undone. I might have a few Bob on us for an upset.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:23 am

Can't agree, sorry. They will be out for retribution after their narrow loss.
Last edited by stevied on Sun 22 May, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:57 am

TIGER wrote:Call me crazy but I think we're a chance against the Broncos, they would have got themselves up for that Cowboys game and IMO they are vulnerable against us because they won't take us too seriously. We can ambush them, we have to be smart about it though and that's where we might come undone. I might have a few Bob on us for an upset.
O.K, I'm up for it - you're crazy.