POSITIVES & NEGATIVES

Demps

POSITIVES & NEGATIVES

Post by Demps » Sat 21 May, 2016 4:53 pm

POSITIVES:
- OFFLOADS. Welcome back, A+ to Aaron Woods for busting a few crisp ones out.

- ELIJAH TAYLOR, this guy is massive for us. So strong defensively, such a welcome addition to the team.

- MCK & JAC, making the most of their selection - very strong performances. JAC had an awesome try and looked close to making some really good breaks.

- Strong game by Moses & Brooks - I think they need to change roles. Brooks to be a running 5/8 and Moses the organising half.

NEGATIVES:
- Rankin, still don't think he's anything special. Improved performance no doubt
I wanted to point out and ask - Did anyone see when he wanted to take a run from dummy half and ET pushed him right out of the way? Probably knew it'd be a wasted run as Rankin's usually are, very ineffctive. Heinington like run, submit, get tackled.

- I expect more from Nofo & Simona, we need more effort from the both of these. Didn't think Simona's drop outs were good at all - except for the last one.

- Matt Ballin, looked decent for a few mins... Not his fault really but it was a dissapointing 3 mins on the field or whatever.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:04 pm

Worthless looking for positives or negatives out of that game.
It was no where near first grade standard. Against a diabolical defence our halves ran and our forwards offloaded.BFD...a good side wins by 40 today.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:26 pm

Great to get the win but next week will give us an indication of how far off the pace we are.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:31 pm

Not much positve at all.

JAC and Woods were good. Aloiai and Taylor ok.

Lawrence worst game in the backrow. Brooks terrible. Halatau shocking.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:40 pm

Plus was the 2 points

Negative, too many
Mainly the non existent pressure under bombs. No chase from our players , instead they line up 25m from where the bomb is taken and watch the return meters chalk up against us.

They bomb, at least 3 chase and I remember at least 3 line drop outs they forced from it because we got dragged in goal.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:43 pm

A positive No points conceded in the 5 min period before and 5 min period straight after half time.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:47 pm

Really hard to see where the next win is coming from, but I guess Teddy comes back things could change. Taylor now has to bite the bullet and give JAC a wing job for the rest of the season

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:48 pm

In only 2nd game after injury, Woods is back to his stellar best, 198 m from 24 runs, 33 tackles and 1 missed tackles, simply the best :)
Unlike our previous captain, he wants to contribute to WT first, the team that pays his salary :)

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:51 pm

MCK is ordinary. Way too slow for the centres. ET is like Benji coming to this club but mainly because our halves are basically inept when it comes to playing like halves. Moses may have the ability to play an organising role but I'm not sold on this.

Both Moses and Brooks do everything right when it comes to skills - kicking games, passing games, running games and they are even improving defensively. When it comes to taking the right option and executing the right play at the right time though they are terrible. ET is 100 times the organiser than both of our halves.

JAC is a gun. ET is a gun. We can build a good team with what we have so long as we keep the right players. Woods is good but we can't overpay him because he isn't a player who will win us games.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:53 pm

Negatives How the bloody hell we managed to keep the Knights in the game

Positives We showed some restraint at time in attack and some young fellas really stepped it up

Taylor was a standout along with Woods

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:54 pm

After lasts night game you realise how far we are behind the better sides. Basically we are not even on the same page as the top four sides. Granted we had a lot of injuries and had a lot of new faces, but we were as bad as last week, or maybe at best slightly better, we were just lucky we were playing the Knights

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:54 pm

Positives - We got the 2 points, Felise looks like a beauty, Woodsy brought his offload out of mothballs, Aloiai and JAC were strong and made the most of their chance. We probably also cemented a finish above Newcastle.

Negatives - We're a very average football side. I didn't get into the game at all. You're not good enough if it takes you 70 minutes to put the Knights away.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:12 pm

westTAHger wrote:A positive No points conceded in the 5 min period before and 5 min period straight after half time.
I thought it would have pleased you..

You are the only one on this forum who keeps an eye on this period and stat..

You have a skill, I will pick you on my team, Centres, wing ?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:22 pm

supercoach wrote:After lasts night game you realise how far we are behind the better sides. Basically we are not even on the same page as the top four sides. Granted we had a lot of injuries and had a lot of new faces, but we were as bad as last week, or maybe at best slightly better, we were just lucky we were playing the Knights
SC we aren't even in the same library as the Top 4 sides let alone the same page

A understrength Broncos side will crush us Friday night

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:27 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
westTAHger wrote:A positive No points conceded in the 5 min period before and 5 min period straight after half time.
I thought it would have pleased you..

You are the only one on this forum who keeps an eye on this period and stat..

You have a skill, I will pick you on my team, Centres, wing ?
He said it's a positive... It pleases him

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:44 pm

think people are being a bit over critical on our halves

i thought their long kicking was solid, running game was good and looked dangerous passing the ball around. i felt their short kicking needed work though and ability to control a game. that kind of stuff is so typical of TWO young halves together with relative no bodies at 1 and 9 supporting them.

im honestly happy to give them more time. hopefully farah and teddy can help them out when theyre back
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:45 pm

Michael Chee Kam needs to be in the team EVERY week. Strong carrier of the ball.

NEGATIVE
Dene Halatu's service from dummy half. Dreadful.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:52 pm

Positives:
I'm in good with the boss as I went shopping with her, and didn't complain once about missing The game, actually I suggested it, so lots of Brownie points.

Negatives: realising for the first time in memory , that I couldn't care less who won, and was not interested in the game.
After the time I've supported Wests and WTs, it was a weird feeling to not even get a score report.