Elijah 'Jesus' Taylor

Milky

Re: Elijah 'Jesus' Taylor

Post by Milky » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:31 pm

JAC and Taylor will take alot of pressure off Tedesco if kept in first grade

cat-party

Post by cat-party » Sat 21 May, 2016 11:16 pm

Best signing in years. Just worked so hard the entire game.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:03 am

Overall, a class act and I can't believe that he couldn't get a run at the Panthers. Gives 100% in attack and defense, inspires his team mates with his work ethic and has great utility value. Siro could take a leaf out of his book.
Last edited by stevied on Sun 22 May, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 22 May, 2016 3:26 am

cat-party wrote:Best signing in years. Just worked so hard the entire game.
I agree he is a good signing but find it funny that we think that a reserve grader from the Panthers is our best signing in years hahaha...

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:46 am

"Some of his creativity too. The pass he threw to push for Brooksy for Brooksy's try was class, absolute class and he's a great addition to our roster."

Creativity at dummy half. Maybe that's what we need.
"Quality Stupidity"

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:22 am

Apart from his general skill set, the big thing for me is that although he was reduced to running around at a slower pace late in the game, he was still running. Great motor, and seems like a great bloke.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:40 am

Lock him up. I am sure he is not on a huge contract, and it won't be long before other clubs start sniffing around

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:44 am

JT gave him some high praise for his dummy-half work. Hopefully this might mean we don't need Halatau in the side to cover hooker.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:54 am

Wests Tigers have been missing this type of player, that Elijah Taylor is since Liam Fulton retired.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:06 am

Harvey wrote:Lock him up. I am sure he is not on a huge contract, and it won't be long before other clubs start sniffing around
He was on good money at the Panthers. Cleary loved him and the Warriors didn't want to part with him. He's not a reserve grader, he's a good first grader who got shoved in reserves by circumstance. It should not come as a surprise that he's doing well (although it's early days).

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:38 am

stryker wrote:
I agree he is a good signing but find it funny that we think that a reserve grader from the Panthers is our best signing in years hahaha...
We signed a dominant forward from the Storm and he wasn't this good. It's about recruiting the right players and he is exactly what we need.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:39 am

NT Tiger wrote:"Some of his creativity too. The pass he threw to push for Brooksy for Brooksy's try was class, absolute class and he's a great addition to our roster."

That wasn't from dummy half. It was something that Brooks and Moses should have been doing but haven't.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:49 am

stryker wrote:
Just goes to show that Griffin is a dope.

Someone's trash is always someone else's treasure.

Occasionally you get a diamond - this could be ours.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 22 May, 2016 10:56 am

stevetiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:"Some of his creativity too. The pass he threw to push for Brooksy for Brooksy's try was class, absolute class and he's a great addition to our roster."

That wasn't from dummy half. It was something that Brooks and Moses should have been doing but haven't.
Was being praised as their next Captain until Griffin came in the dope, their supporters loved him.

So glad we signed him, was a critic of his first game but good god he was our knight in shining armour yesterday.

Happy to see him do some of the play making to see pressure taken off Moses, Brooks and Ted. This was supposed to be Sironens role.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:25 am

Milky wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

Was being praised as their next Captain until Griffin came in the dope, their supporters loved him.

So glad we signed him, was a critic of his first game but good god he was our knight in shining armour yesterday.

Happy to see him do some of the play making to see pressure taken off Moses, Brooks and Ted. This was supposed to be Sironens role.
I was thinking Sironen should be playing exactly the same role. Taylors skills are exactly what this team needs - great solid defence, a high work rate and the ability to ball play as a forward.

I would be getting Siro to stalk this guy and build his game exactly as per Taylor.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:55 am

All those who are saying a reserve grader from Penrith - he was captain of the Panthers NRL side for nearly the whole season last year and only missed the NZ tour because of injury. He didn't suit the coach this year but he wasn't a reserve grader

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:00 pm

This signing could be the catalyst the young halves have needed throw in Teddy at the back very interesting.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:01 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:All those who are saying a reserve grader from Penrith - he was captain of the Panthers NRL side for nearly the whole season last year and only missed the NZ tour because of injury. He didn't suit the coach this year but he wasn't a reserve grader
No shame to be stuck behind guys like Carty and Merrin. Calling him a reserve grader is a ridiculous statement, even by this forums standards.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sun 22 May, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.