Elijah 'Jesus' Taylor

Snake

Re: Elijah 'Jesus' Taylor

Post by Snake » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:01 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Milky wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:"Some of his creativity too. The pass he threw to push for Brooksy for Brooksy's try was class, absolute class and he's a great addition to our roster."

Creativity at dummy half. Maybe that's what we need.
That wasn't from dummy half. It was something that Brooks and Moses should have been doing but haven't.
Was being praised as their next Captain until Griffin came in the dope, their supporters loved him.

So glad we signed him, was a critic of his first game but good god he was our knight in shining armour yesterday.

Happy to see him do some of the play making to see pressure taken off Moses, Brooks and Ted. This was supposed to be Sironens role.
I was thinking Sironen should be playing exactly the same role. Taylors skills are exactly what this team needs - great solid defence, a high work rate and the ability to ball play as a forward.

I would be getting Siro to stalk this guy and build his game exactly as per Taylor.
Sironen can carry ET,S gear bag...Siro is a reserve grader.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:43 pm

Immediate impact, great pick up.

Mentioned this in the live game thread, but reminds me of what Toddy Payten used to do for us in attack - and I love that, especially since he's just as brilliant in defense. Should (hopefully) be even better to watch when Teddy is back.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:51 pm

Watch his work in the tackle - continually putting blokes on their back, turning them around to face their own try line and so forth. Makes a nice change to have someone that wins the wrestle.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 22 May, 2016 2:01 pm

Milky wrote:
Happy to see him do some of the play making to see pressure taken off Moses, Brooks and Ted. This was supposed to be Sironens role.
Which begs the question, why does Sirro not do it? His dad was firing shots at Jason Taylor, but Elijah has done more ball-playing in 2 weeks than Sirro has done in the last year. It's also worth noting that Woodsy had 4 offloads this week.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 22 May, 2016 2:46 pm

The powers that be obviously read my offloads thread after last week

(Though nobody else did :D )

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 3:36 pm

What a breath of fresh air.

This guy is all class....well spoken, respectful young man, nothing is any trouble and is very humbled.

Has Captain written all over him.

Has tightened our ruck, has great line speed in Defence, is one of the 1st ones back in kick returns and ready for a hit up.
Sirro isn't required anymore doesn't offer nothing that Elijah does.....he didn't offer much to begin with ( Sirro).

Fingers crossed you have found a home for many years to come.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.