Bunker

larrycorowa

Bunker

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:54 pm

On knights last try.....Try scorer clearly caught ball to outside of lease runner and then runs into hole he has created to score. Why wasn't this overturned? Been happening all season....there needs to be an investigation ffs

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 5:57 pm

I reckon the Knights deserved a try but I can see knocking it back due to a technicality. Ballin scored for sure in my opinion though.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:12 pm

i just want to know why 99% of our potential trys are called "no try" on field and 99% of all our oppositions potential trys are called "try'' on field. EVERY GOD DAMN GAME!!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:13 pm

Moses terrible read.... His fault, fair try

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:15 pm

Who called penalty against Moses for high tackle in front of Knights post? Pocket ref? Surely not reportable

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:16 pm

Dingo wrote:i just want to know why 99% of our potential trys are called "no try" on field and 99% of all our oppositions potential trys are called "try'' on field. EVERY GOD DAMN GAME!!!
Our trys are almost as certain to be called "no try" on field as much as its almost a certainty we get scored in in the last 5 mins of the first half and first 5 mins of the second half. Id love to have those stats, cold hard facts.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:18 pm

They proved to be rubbish today with the Ballin Try
I was disappointed, so was the Bench

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 21 May, 2016 6:35 pm

gotta disagree on both counts

bunker got it right both times. ballin grounded it on the dead ball line and there wasnt really any player obstructed by the knights

not sure why tigers fans think refs have it for them. do you seriously think refs go into games aiming to be biased?? :lol: tinfoil hats. if anyone has a case its the chooks.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 21 May, 2016 9:21 pm

pHyR3 wrote:gotta disagree on both counts

bunker got it right both times. ballin grounded it on the dead ball line and there wasnt really any player obstructed by the knights

not sure why tigers fans think refs have it for them. do you seriously think refs go into games aiming to be biased?? :lol: tinfoil hats. if anyone has a case its the chooks.
The Ballin one was a try- the ball has a point so the point of the ball hit the in-goal area before the rest of the ball hit the dead ball line. If the ball was square then you could understand the no-try call. We got ripped on that one.
The obstruction try for the Knights was fair enough, Halatau wasn't really impeded IMO.
As far as the Roosters being justified in feeling hard done by: sheesh it would be like the Broncos complaining that they don't get enough Friday night games. The Roosters have had it very bloody good for plenty of years- hell they won a premiership off of some very favourable refereeing a few years back. Not to mention the unmistakeable rorting of the salary cap that always seemed to go unpunished. I find it extremely hard to shed any tears for those vermin.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 May, 2016 9:33 pm

Ballin grounded the point of the ball on the ground inside the dead ball line...the ball is an Oval shape...simple physics proves this...camera 7 in the top right rock and rolled also proves this...the on-field refs and bunker often get it wrong...

The wider angle...

Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 21 May, 2016 9:43 pm

But the on field red ruled it no try, so I do not want to overrule them, even when it is obvious they are wrong. I hardly saw the 2nd half, the sun was reflecting into my eyes from Devcich's bald patch

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 11:38 pm

Try to Ballin, try to Knights - no obstruction. I also say try to Moses which was called back near the end. And I totally agree, we never, ever seem to get 5o/50 calls when a try is being ruled upon, nor when there's a high shot. ava had to go off damn it and there was no penalty yet twice the knights received penalties for lesser impact above the shoulders contact.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 May, 2016 11:43 pm

i thought the Mamo knockon in goal was a try so i would call it even

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:10 am

Fade To Black wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:gotta disagree on both counts

The Ballin one was a try- the ball has a point so the point of the ball hit the in-goal area before the rest of the ball hit the dead ball line. If the ball was square then you could understand the no-try call. We got ripped on that one.
The obstruction try for the Knights was fair enough, Halatau wasn't really impeded IMO.
As far as the Roosters being justified in feeling hard done by: sheesh it would be like the Broncos complaining that they don't get enough Friday night games. The Roosters have had it very bloody good for plenty of years- hell they won a premiership off of some very favourable refereeing a few years back. Not to mention the unmistakeable rorting of the salary cap that always seemed to go unpunished. I find it extremely hard to shed any tears for those vermin.
well in 2013 the year they won they almost never won a penalty count

in fact over the past 10-15 years they are consistently RECEIVING the least penalties in the NRL.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... id3lq.html

see here.

sure theyre rich and have won comps. they still dont really receive the better of the refs
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:18 am

They got a nice handy call go their way in the GF from a SBW blatant forward pass that led to the match winning try. That would do me!
Being allowed to have 17 rep players take the field every game like they were able to for a while there isn't a bad perk, I'd be happy to lose a couple of penalty counts to be allowed to get away with that by the NRL head honcho's.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:40 am

Bias aside, and I have thought about it carefully, the Tigers definitely get more than their share of dud calls, even starting with the number of potential tries being called no try by the on field ref. These calls then give us less chance to get the decision from the bunker. Ballin definitely scored because the point of the ball made contact with the ground short of the dead ball line before rolling forward and Moses scored in the second half following a Newcastle knock on as the pass was not forward. And to make things more exasperating, Newcastle got away with at least three blatant forward passes. Not saying it's deliberate favoritism, just pointing out the facts.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:48 am

Would have liked to see the Simona no try again

We have the technology and it would have taken 10 seconds to clear it up

Ballin's was a 50/50 and had no problem with the Knight's try , bad read in defence as far as I was concerned

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:49 am

wd in perth wrote:Try to Ballin, try to Knights - no obstruction. I also say try to Moses which was called back near the end. And I totally agree, we never, ever seem to get 5o/50 calls when a try is being ruled upon, nor when there's a high shot. ava had to go off damn it and there was no penalty yet twice the knights received penalties for lesser impact above the shoulders contact.
Absolutely. It would be interesting to see why the refs called a penalty on those 2 plays.......there was a very long pause between the tackle and the ref blowing the penalty. Ava stayed down just like those 2 Knights players did but we got jack.