Harvey

Re: There's 80 Mins I'll Never Get Back

Post by Harvey » Sat 21 May, 2016 9:39 pm

C'mon we are now 2 from 3

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 May, 2016 9:47 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Geo. wrote:Do people follow footy so they can b!tch and moan even when their team wins,,,sure it was a low standard game ...but who cares we won...

It is amazing.... if it annoys or upsets people so much why do they bother...
Spoken like a true supporter
thought you couldn't be bothered...
Youre wrong yet again

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 May, 2016 10:05 pm

..... And as I watched it on Fox from Magpieland Geo... I'm discussing it here as I agree with the OP

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 21 May, 2016 11:37 pm

Geo. wrote:Do people follow footy so they can b!tch and moan even when their team wins,,,sure it was a low standard game ...but who cares we won...

Because it's a forum?
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 May, 2016 11:46 pm

chilbury wrote:I agree sadly our team needs a overhaul starting with the coach ... I the positive note heres my son Jett scoring his first try ever in his 7 years on the planet for the Cudgen Hornets under 8s NRL team....
Everyone should watch this - it'll cheer you up. Thanks for posting Chilbury.

BRILLIANT! Sign him up!

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:12 am

shane2801 wrote:A boring average game from a boring average team.
then dont watch.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:26 am

The win was nothing to get excited about and I wasn't surprised at all that it ended up a battle. The two teams were coming of huge losses, there was a lack of form or talent and the Knights also love playing us. However, there were some positives. Taylor, Woods and Aloiai all played well in the forwards and Ado-Carr showed flashes of brilliance out wide.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:37 am

gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote:

I watch footy to be entertained. That game had nothing. If the 2 points got us into the 8 then you'd be happy but what did the win achieve?

Moved us above the Warriors and 5pts clear of the spoon 1 win out of the 8..
The 8? Dreams are free i guess.
Yes, but there's some pretty ordinary teams still above Wests. This has to be one of the most skewed seasons in recent memory. There are only 3, maybe 4 teams that can win it and the rest are making up the numbers.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:09 am

pHyR3 wrote:
then dont watch.
Too simplistic

Does it offend you so much that people give a brutally honest, warts and all description of the game.
We have to watch to give an opinion.
Don't you like honest opinions?
Does the truth hurt that much?
We aren't always boring... We sometimes are good... Don't be offended by people calling a spade a spade.

This is the beauty of sport..... The unknown... The win occasionally against the odds......

. That's why we watch

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:20 am

I only watched the second half but I thought there was some improvement. Team looks stronger with mck, good ball control, but more second phase play.....but still not dominant in defence and last tackle options still average.

We need to get a few wins on the Trott to breed some confidence

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:37 am

pHyR3 wrote:
then dont watch.
Buy me a crystal ball and most times I won't.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:50 am

We watch cos we're passionate.

We criticize cos we're passionate and we want better.

A win is a win, but that doesn't mean you should automatically be pleased with the performance. How many times do coaches blow up about their team's performance after wins? Because they know if they don't get their act together, a better side will lap them. And if anyone thinks there was anything in yesterdays game that can give you confidence against the Broncos then i would have to ask if you actually watched it.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:11 pm

Yesterday wasn't as bad as everyone is making out, we got the win and there are still some signs of life. Sure we have a lot to work on but we held a better structure in defence on our edges, our long kicking game was good, Taylor showing his hand that he has the ability to be a really good ball playing lock that tackles everything that moves, some of our forwards made some good metres going forward but it needs to be more of it.

Our missed tackle stat is poor to say the least and needs to be worked on, our short kicking game is terrible by far the worst I've seen this year, we give away far too many penalties still and gift the opposition too many easy get outs and our game plan in attack is still so predictable and 1 dimensional.

The top 4 sides are streets ahead of everyone else but I think we can compete with any of the other teams if we turn some things around and put it together on the day.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:14 pm

Snake wrote:

Not the greatest performance today but a win, I am excited watching ET and JAC a few of the younger forwards .Never understand myself why the negativity after a win but that s life I suppose ,we all have to realise that there is quite a few players in this team that are either over the hill or just not up to scratch but the club is bound to them and until they are moved on what you see is what you are going to get enjoy!
Some of our fans' attitude is pretty poor when you consider that the Parra fans are still motivated with zero points at this stage of the season.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:22 pm

Ooohhh, being compared to the delusional in denial

Im impressed you can speak on behalf of every Parra fan, Newtown

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:25 pm

I'd be confident too if we had Parra's roster

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:26 pm

Parra will likely finish above us, I'd be motivated if I were them too.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
then dont watch.
Too simplistic

Does it offend you so much that people give a brutally honest, warts and all description of the game.
We have to watch to give an opinion.
Don't you like honest opinions?
Does the truth hurt that much?
We aren't always boring... We sometimes are good... Don't be offended by people calling a spade a spade.

This is the beauty of sport..... The unknown... The win occasionally against the odds......

. That's why we watch
yes i am so offended...

anyone could have told you this would be a crap game. it was called a 'spoonbowl' pre-game for a reason. we're not a good time i have no clue what people expected... another broncos vs cows showdown?? :crazy

we havent had a good win all year, or even performance. if thats bored you all year then its safe to assume yesterdays would too. if you want a crystal ball - stop watching until we become good again. you can hop on the bandwagon then
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."