There's 80 Mins I'll Never Get Back

GNR4LIFE

Re: There's 80 Mins I'll Never Get Back

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:27 pm

old man tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I'd say people telling me what to do and not watch my team after offering a negative opinion they don't like is Arrogant and condescending

:roll

Cmon mate, everyone tells everyone else what to think on the forum. Everyone acts all superior and condescending. You've done it yourself multiple times on this page.

Happy to debate the game on merit, I personally was happy with the win, your entitled to your opinion, but critiquing the arguments people are used as arrogant is :blah :blah :blah

My suggestion for people to not watch the game was actually meant to be helpful. Why would anyone do something they dislike so intensely? I switched off the raiders game and the dogs game because they were not tolerable performances, I genuinely don't get how yesterday was that bad. Both teams had a dig, if anyone made it a bore fest it was those fool refs who seemed to have a penalty quota to hit.

IMO, ymmv, etc...
Why should you have to walk away, why can't you just want better? And as for what someone was saying earlier about being bandwagon supporters, bandwagoners would have already given up and would be doing something else with their time till things improve. Not still giving opinions of what's going on on a forum.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:27 pm

Yeah..lets b!tch an moan about it....

Cheerio to the Rorter and Warriors fans...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:28 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:I stand by what I said. It was a boring game by a boring side. Next week they might play better. I find it hard to argue against what I stated. If some fans are happy with what we dished up yesterday then God love them. I prefer not to wear Rose coloured glasses, and by the way isn't this a forum??

As for jumping on the bandwagon PHyr3, when you tell it like it is you never have to get off it. It's just a less painful ride..You should try it...
The performance yesterday was pathetic , yeah 2 Points is Points . Had a Mate texting me that Queensland Cup was a better quality game which i agreed .

Don't want to upset the Brooks and Moses lovers clan.....but they are Laughable 1st Graders against a poor quality Knights side they showed that they have no idea on controlling a game as for there defence well it's laughable and all you need to do is direct your forwards wherever they are .
Moses defensive lapse that lead to Gagai's try was embarrassing.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:I stand by what I said. It was a boring game by a boring side. Next week they might play better. I find it hard to argue against what I stated. If some fans are happy with what we dished up yesterday then God love them. I prefer not to wear Rose coloured glasses, and by the way isn't this a forum??

As for jumping on the bandwagon PHyr3, when you tell it like it is you never have to get off it. It's just a less painful ride..You should try it...
The performance yesterday was pathetic , yeah 2 Points is Points . Had a Mate texting me that Queensland Cup was a better quality game which i agreed .

Don't want to upset the Brooks and Moses lovers clan.....but they are Laughable 1st Graders against a poor quality Knights side they showed that they have no idea on controlling a game as for there defence well it's laughable and all you need to do is direct your forwards wherever they are .
Moses over read the play. It happens. It was poor but even the best defenders make mistakes at times.

I've seen JT makes some horrible blunders in defence at times.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I'd say people telling me what to do and not watch my team after offering a negative opinion they don't like is Arrogant and condescending

Cmon mate, everyone tells everyone else what to think on the forum. Everyone acts all superior and condescending. You've done it yourself multiple times on this page.

Happy to debate the game on merit, I personally was happy with the win, your entitled to your opinion, but critiquing the arguments people are used as arrogant is :blah :blah :blah

My suggestion for people to not watch the game was actually meant to be helpful. Why would anyone do something they dislike so intensely? I switched off the raiders game and the dogs game because they were not tolerable performances, I genuinely don't get how yesterday was that bad. Both teams had a dig, if anyone made it a bore fest it was those fool refs who seemed to have a penalty quota to hit.

IMO, ymmv, etc...
Why should you have to walk away, why can't you just want better? And as for what someone was saying earlier about being bandwagon supporters, bandwagoners would have already given up and would be doing something else with their time till things improve. Not still giving opinions of what's going on on a forum.
I do want better, and I'm not calling anyone a bandwagoner, I know you're not labelling me, but just thought I'd clarify.

I know we all love the club, but having a bit of a break when we are too awful to watch is something that has worked for me. I just don't know why a lot of people feel we were that awful. I've read all the reasons, I disagree with some, and agree with others. Fundamentally though the game is about winning and i enjoyed yesterday's game much more than the storm game. Where we played far better IMO and lost.

That's essentially my only point and I'll leave it at that, I hope everyone who hated yesterday's game so vehmently is happier after tidal night.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Why is it difficult for some to grasp? We had to scratch and claw against a team who hadn't scored a point for their last 140 mins of football and had only won one game all yr (against us btw). If you walk away after that feeling good about the world, all power to you. But don't tell me or anyone else that they need to be happy or they should stop watching or go support someone else. Real supporters don't sugarcoat rubbish.
Why is it so hard to grasp that we understand it was a game between two lesser lights and wasn't the greatest game of footy of all time. But the exaggeration is silly. Ive seen us play far worse, including in the last two years.

I enjoyed the first 40. Not trying to sugar coat anything.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:53 pm

southerntiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Why is it difficult for some to grasp? We had to scratch and claw against a team who hadn't scored a point for their last 140 mins of football and had only won one game all yr (against us btw). If you walk away after that feeling good about the world, all power to you. But don't tell me or anyone else that they need to be happy or they should stop watching or go support someone else. Real supporters don't sugarcoat rubbish.
Why is it so hard to grasp that we understand it was a game between two lesser lights and wasn't the greatest game of footy of all time. But the exaggeration is silly. Ive seen us play far worse, including in the last two years.

I enjoyed the first 40. Not trying to sugar coat anything.
You might be right about us having played worse before, but probably when we've had a stronger team and could still hang our hat on us improving. Atm with us, what you see is what you're getting.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:55 pm

I don't think we are improving. I didn't suggest that. All I have commented on is whether I found the game entertaining. I did. Particularly the first 40 minutes.

We are a bottom 4 team. Have been all year. Thats not going to miraculously change, although E Taylor might scrape us up to bottom 6.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:02 pm

southerntiger wrote:I don't think we are improving. I didn't suggest that. All I have commented on is whether I found the game entertaining. I did. Particularly the first 40 minutes.

We are a bottom 4 team. Have been all year. Thats not going to miraculously change, although E Taylor might scrape us up to bottom 6.
ET is not going to change our position on the ladder. He's a handy acquisition, but he's not a game breaker.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

That was seriously poor , he ran behind our own player and left a massive gap that an Elephant would of strolled through.
He scores 1 but how many does he let in ? and that is against the Knights :roll:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:04 pm

It is interesting to remember that when Aaron Woods was interviewed straight after the match he agreed that the match was a scrappy affair but reiterated that Wests Tigers sole goal was to win the match irrespective of the way it was played. It was also evident that Newcastle's game was firmly focused on restricting Wests Tigers' scoring to a minimum. Result - a slightly boring match with the highlight being a Wests tigers win.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:13 pm

gallagher wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Geo. wrote:Do people follow footy so they can b!tch and moan even when their team wins,,,sure it was a low standard game ...but who cares we won...

It is amazing.... if it annoys or upsets people so much why do they bother...

Exactly. Bunch of losers. Should go follow someone else.
Losers hey.
Well lots of fans ARE going to other teams or other sports or have just stopped following us. Teill me this though.
Are they the losers or is the club the losers?
Who is going to start the Thread who are we most likely to play against in the Semis :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Please lets Pop the Champagne bottles.....we struggled to beat a Knights team that were pumped by 60+ at Marathon Stadium last week .

All i will say is thank Christ for the 2 Penalty goals we kicked , i could of Potentially had no nails on my fingers the last 10 minutes of the game :roll .

Some are just easily entertained .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:22 pm

Jebus, one bloke says we are boring to watch and a few agree....(nobody said they hated it vehemently old man)...and this becomes the hottest thread on the forum the day after a win

Might just be some merit to his point hmmm?

(nobody said they hated it vehemently old man)
It is interesting to remember that when Aaron Woods was interviewed straight after the match he agreed that the match was a scrappy affair but reiterated that Wests Tigers sole goal was to win the match irrespective of the way it was played.
It is very interesting and I take from that it was because of who we played. I find it very unprofessional too....its not really respecting the opposition and as we saw they nearly got us

You would never hear Sheens talk like that or go into a game that way, or a (C) under Sheens...for all his faults hes miles ahead of JT as a coach, Sheens wouldve just had them focussing on doing what they need to do and do it well with minimal errors and the result takes care of itself

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:45 pm

Could have easily been worse - played crap and lost too. All comes down to the half glass full to half glass empty theory. Most of us are either one way or the other even if we don't want to admit it.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:54 pm

My opinion about yesterdays game stands. I also know we have the roster of a bottom 4 side. It's where we sit. We are travelling as expected. We were always going to battle this year.

I mentioned in a post going into round 3 that for us to make the 8 we needed 3 things to occur.
1. No injuries and I forget what the other two were. It was a big ask and as expected it will not happen. I hope 2017 is better but unless we can sign quality players we will struggle again. Unfortunately at present our club is not one that looks attractive for players to come to.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
southerntiger wrote:I don't think we are improving. I didn't suggest that. All I have commented on is whether I found the game entertaining. I did. Particularly the first 40 minutes.

ET is not going to change our position on the ladder. He's a handy acquisition, but he's not a game breaker.
Im not sure I agree mate. He is a very smart footballer. He was excellent yesterday and good against the Dogs.

We don't need game breakers. We need leaders.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:04 pm

innsaneink wrote:Jebus, one bloke says we are boring to watch and a few agree....(nobody said they hated it vehemently old man)...and this becomes the hottest thread on the forum the day after a win

Might just be some merit to his point hmmm?

(nobody said they hated it vehemently old man)
The title of the thread is "80 mins I will never get back". Pretty strong words.

Nobody would disagree that we are boring to watch. We are and have been since Sheens left, bar a few games here and there when we turn it on.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:06 pm

Common phrase on the net