There's 80 Mins I'll Never Get Back

pHyR3

Re: There's 80 Mins I'll Never Get Back

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
shane2801 wrote:A boring average game from a boring average team.
then dont watch.
Too simplistic

Does it offend you so much that people give a brutally honest, warts and all description of the game.
We have to watch to give an opinion.
Don't you like honest opinions?
Does the truth hurt that much?
We aren't always boring... We sometimes are good... Don't be offended by people calling a spade a spade.

This is the beauty of sport..... The unknown... The win occasionally against the odds......

. That's why we watch
yes i am so offended...

anyone could have told you this would be a crap game. it was called a 'spoonbowl' pre-game for a reason. we're not a good team - i have no clue what people expected... another broncos vs cows showdown?? :crazy

we havent had a good win all year, or even performance. if thats bored you all year then its safe to assume yesterdays would too. if you want a crystal ball - stop watching until we become good again. you can hop on the bandwagon then
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:31 pm

Parra ? Not just sleazy board, but players drug dealers ? Club to be proud off :mrgreen:

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:49 pm

People complain about 5 hit ups and a bomb. They complain when we try to play attacking footy, as we did in patches yesterday, because we are too low on confidence to execute properly. They complain if we play as well as we can and lose, they complain if we play poorly and win.

Someone is upset no matter the effort or result and that's fair enough. But it seems like half the forum has a fixed idea of what the team should do every play, every game. God forbid they deviate from that! Surely all the armchair critics know better.

Really who cares about winning if you can't stop the whinging to enjoy it. I would have hoped to see a bit of appreciation that they had a dig, as they do most weeks this season. If you really can't cope with where we are at as a club maybe stay away from the team and forum for a while, for your own sake. You might come back happier. If you feel the need to vent, that's fair enough, I have known the same frustration as all of you. But don't shoot down those of us who were just pleased to get the 2 points. That is the point of the sport after all.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 22 May, 2016 1:09 pm

larrycorowa wrote:I only watched the second half but I thought there was some improvement. Team looks stronger with mck, good ball control, but more second phase play.....but still not dominant in defence and last tackle options still average.

We need to get a few wins on the Trot to breed some confidence
Guided by what some WT fans have reported in this forum, yesterday's win gave them the Trots.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:05 pm

Just watched the game as I had to go to a birthday party yesterday arvo. Wasn't anywhere near as bad a game as I was expecting from reports on here. The first half was actually a good game of footy and we could have easily had three more tries before half time.

Was definitely a first grade standard of footy.

I was expecting Lawrence and Halatau to have been woeful from reports on here but they weren't. Halatau's passing was poor but it has been all year so that was no surprise. Lawrence missed a few tackles but most of those were from kick chases where he was the first one there and over committed. He needs to do better but he played ok.

Rankin, Taylor, Woods and Addo Carr all played very well. Rankin was in everything. The halves weren't bad. Short kicking game was a marked improvement. I was impressed with JJ and Josh Alouia.

We still aren't running an outside-in line near the opposition line and it makes it easy for them to shift each time we go wide.

Newcastle are a poor side but they have some quality players and they were always going to show more resolve than last week.

Our inside men got caught out a few times. I suspect we were overcompensating for how easy the Dogs got around our flanks last week.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 22 May, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:11 pm

Geo. wrote:Do people follow footy so they can b!tch and moan even when their team wins,,,sure it was a low standard game ...but who cares we won...

It is amazing.... if it annoys or upsets people so much why do they bother...

Exactly. Bunch of losers. Should go follow someone else.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:19 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
shane2801 wrote:A boring average game from a boring average team.
then dont watch.
Too simplistic

Does it offend you so much that people give a brutally honest, warts and all description of the game.
We have to watch to give an opinion.
Don't you like honest opinions?
Does the truth hurt that much?
We aren't always boring... We sometimes are good... Don't be offended by people calling a spade a spade.

This is the beauty of sport..... The unknown... The win occasionally against the odds......

. That's why we watch
yes i am so offended...

anyone could have told you this would be a crap game. it was called a 'spoonbowl' pre-game for a reason. we're not a good team - i have no clue what people expected... another broncos vs cows showdown?? :crazy

we havent had a good win all year, or even performance. if thats bored you all year then its safe to assume yesterdays would too. if you want a crystal ball - stop watching until we become good again. you can hop on the bandwagon then
Oh god... Get off your high horse
True supporters..... You're all severely lacking something if this makes you feel better somehow

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:20 pm

The game had the atmosphere and the feeling of one of the old ABC Saturday afternoon games, when they got to show the lowest game of the round. I can remember a game between Balmain and the South QLD side that was a borefest that was on the same level as yesterdays game. Anyway I think we safely have 15th place sown up for another year

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:28 pm

I stand by what I said. It was a boring game by a boring side. Next week they might play better. I find it hard to argue against what I stated. If some fans are happy with what we dished up yesterday then God love them. I prefer not to wear Rose coloured glasses, and by the way isn't this a forum??

As for jumping on the bandwagon PHyr3, when you tell it like it is you never have to get off it. It's just a less painful ride..You should try it...
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:50 pm

Below Average performance this week possibly a good performance next week. As long as you get the two points that's all that really matters. Makes up for the two we should have got from Melbourne which was a great performance with no reward - and that got bagged after that one too.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:53 pm

I love people who go around and say "I just tell it like it is". Is there anything more arrogant and condescending?

We all have an opinion.

My opinion is I watched a game of footy that was end to end with plenty of breaks in the first 40 mins. Far from boring. I was entertained and I also knew the result.

Was it a great peformance? No. Was it a terrible performance? No.

The boys did some good things and some poor things. I have seen us win uglier and lose better. Thats footy.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:55 pm

shane2801 wrote:I stand by what I said. It was a boring game by a boring side. Next week they might play better. I find it hard to argue against what I stated. If some fans are happy with what we dished up yesterday then God love them. I prefer not to wear Rose coloured glasses, and by the way isn't this a forum??

As for jumping on the bandwagon PHyr3, when you tell it like it is you never have to get off it. It's just a less painful ride..You should try it..
Hah!
So so true

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:59 pm

I'd say people telling me what to do and not watch my team after offering a negative opinion they don't like is Arrogant and condescending

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:I'd say people telling me what to do and not watch my team after offering a negative opinion they don't like is Arrogant and condescending
Nah. Thats not arrogance or condescension. It may be a bad way to end an argument. But nothing arrogant or condescending in such a statement.

I imagine it was also a reaction to over the top thread about a middling performance by the Tigers. We played far worse games toward the back end of last year and during the year before that (Potter's last season).

There was some good footy in patches yesterday.

Perhaps the lack of atmosphere at Cambo ... understandable given how we have been going - contributed to how people at the game perceived the match. On tv it was fine.

I was at ANZ the week before. Now that was a shocking performance.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:19 pm

Why is it difficult for some to grasp? We had to scratch and claw against a team who hadn't scored a point for their last 140 mins of football and had only won one game all yr (against us btw). If you walk away after that feeling good about the world, all power to you. But don't tell me or anyone else that they need to be happy or they should stop watching or go support someone else. Real supporters don't sugarcoat rubbish.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:I'd say people telling me what to do and not watch my team after offering a negative opinion they don't like is Arrogant and condescending

:roll

:roll

Cmon mate, everyone tells everyone else what to think on the forum. Everyone acts all superior and condescending. You've done it yourself multiple times on this page.

Happy to debate the game on merit, I personally was happy with the win, your entitled to your opinion, but critiquing the arguments people are used as arrogant is :blah :blah :blah

My suggestion for people to not watch the game was actually meant to be helpful. Why would anyone do something they dislike so intensely? I switched off the raiders game and the dogs game because they were not tolerable performances, I genuinely don't get how yesterday was that bad. Both teams had a dig, if anyone made it a bore fest it was those fool refs who seemed to have a penalty quota to hit.

IMO, ymmv, etc...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:25 pm

shane2801 wrote:I stand by what I said. It was a boring game by a boring side. Next week they might play better. I find it hard to argue against what I stated. If some fans are happy with what we dished up yesterday then God love them. I prefer not to wear Rose coloured glasses, and by the way isn't this a forum??

As for jumping on the bandwagon PHyr3, when you tell it like it is you never have to get off it. It's just a less painful ride..You should try it...
The performance yesterday was pathetic , yeah 2 Points is Points . Had a Mate texting me that Queensland Cup was a better quality game which i agreed .

Don't want to upset the Brooks and Moses lovers clan.....but they are Laughable 1st Graders against a poor quality Knights side they showed that they have no idea on controlling a game as for there defence well it's laughable and all you need to do is direct your forwards wherever they are .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:26 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Geo. wrote:Do people follow footy so they can b!tch and moan even when their team wins,,,sure it was a low standard game ...but who cares we won...

It is amazing.... if it annoys or upsets people so much why do they bother...

Exactly. Bunch of losers. Should go follow someone else.
Losers hey.
Well lots of fans ARE going to other teams or other sports or have just stopped following us. Teill me this though.
Are they the losers or is the club the losers?