Crowd figure

WestsSupporter

Re: Crowd figure

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:45 pm

gallagher wrote:
kafta wrote:Are they not closing ANZ for 3 years or so to do it up, 6 games at LO & CSS oh YEAH.
Nope. Capacity will be no less than 40k while they rebuild out.
Paramatta Stadium is becoming the 35-40k place, no?
And ANZ is supposed to reshape into Suncorp shaped arena, with around 70k capacity.

Or have I been reading the wrong articles.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:49 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:
gallagher wrote:
kafta wrote:Are they not closing ANZ for 3 years or so to do it up, 6 games at LO & CSS oh YEAH.
Nope. Capacity will be no less than 40k while they rebuild out.
Paramatta Stadium is becoming the 35-40k place, no?
And ANZ is supposed to reshape into Suncorp shaped arena, with around 70k capacity.

Or have I been reading the wrong articles.
No, that's right. Parra is being demolished and rebuilt. ANZ is being re configured. It's staying open during the reconfiguration with the capacity not going below 40k during that time.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 8:52 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:9k sounds good to me.

2 rubbish teams.
Both flogged the week before.
Terrible time slot.

I'm surprised they managed to get that many people. Well done.
So the club has provided us with one of the crapiest squads playing out of the crapiest venue, resulting in bugger all people wanting to go to games and you congratulate them.
Yeah, well done to the club.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:24 pm

Ok, well bring one over here for once. We'll provide 20,000 plus. I'm sick of only ever seeing Rabbits, Roosters, Warriors and Storm jerseys about the place. There's plenty of upside to having a game over here you know.

WestsSupporter

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:30 pm

wd in perth wrote:Ok, well bring one over here for once. We'll provide 20,000 plus. I'm sick of only ever seeing Rabbits, Roosters, Warriors and Storm jerseys about the place. There's plenty of upside to having a game over here you know.
Yep, Perth love their sport. Can't wait to see that new stadium in action.
Dunno why NRL still refuse to give Perth a bone?
Look at their BBL figures. Each season it's hard to get tickets to a Scorchers game. Pretty sure they sold every game out in the season gone by.

Western Force crowds are sparse, but that's cause their team are absolute trash.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:39 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Let me just say that in general I believe we should play more games at ANZ.

However virtually 9k yesterday given
a. It was last playing 3rd last and both coming off a flogging
b. Newcastle is an out of Sydney team and you don't get away supporters
c. It was a saturday afternoon which is other then Monday nights the hardest to draw a crowd statistically.

Given those factors and that it was in Cambelltown which means very few supporters from inner west (thats reality and the same thing at Leichardt for supporters from Campbeltown- hence support for ANZ) then 9k was a good crowd. The same time last year in ROund 11 we took on the Cowboys who were one of the form teams and only got 8.2k so comparably a solid crowd given the other issues
Just out of curiosity, why did i have the pleasure of getting a negative rating from you Boon?
Was it my lighthearted response to Happy's post you didnt like, or the fact that you don't agree we need more then just face painting and Ferris wheels to attract crowds?? 8-)

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:39 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:
wd in perth wrote:Ok, well bring one over here for once. We'll provide 20,000 plus. I'm sick of only ever seeing Rabbits, Roosters, Warriors and Storm jerseys about the place. There's plenty of upside to having a game over here you know.
Look at their BBL figures. Each season it's hard to get tickets to a Scorchers game. Pretty sure they sold every game out in the season gone by.

Western Force crowds are sparse, but that's cause their team are absolute trash.
The new stadium wont be for league. The union and soccer teams have a great stadium now which league also uses when required. It'll be on show again in two weeks when the Rabbits once again bring a game here vs the Titans.

We've all got an opinion of Russell Crowe, but he's no fool when it comes to spreading the word about his club. He's managed to build quite a following over here through bringing games across for a number of years now.

It seems everyone goes for the bunnies. (makes me want to throw up)

But if it wasn't for him, we'd never see a game.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 9:55 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:Let me just say that in general I believe we should play more games at ANZ.

c. It was a saturday afternoon which is other then Monday nights the hardest to draw a crowd statistically.

Given those factors and that it was in Cambelltown which means very few supporters from inner west (thats reality and the same thing at Leichardt for supporters from Campbeltown- hence support for ANZ) then 9k was a good crowd. The same time last year in ROund 11 we took on the Cowboys who were one of the form teams and only got 8.2k so comparably a solid crowd given the other issues

Just out of curiosity, why did i have the pleasure of getting a negative rating from you Boon?
Was it my lighthearted response to Happy's post you didnt like, or the fact that you don't agree we need more then just face painting and Ferris wheels to attract crowds?? 8-)

Lol Same Tigermama. Ratings will never stop me saying what I want especially from this person whom has openly said it before that he won't travel to Campbelltown. Each to there own.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 23 May, 2016 10:22 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

Lol Same Tigermama. Ratings will never stop me saying what I want especially from this person whom has openly said it before that he won't travel to Campbelltown. Each to there own.

Each to their own indeed...Thanks Eye! ;)

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:24 pm

wd in perth wrote:
WestsSupporter wrote:

The new stadium wont be for league. The union and soccer teams have a great stadium now which league also uses when required. It'll be on show again in two weeks when the Rabbits once again bring a game here vs the Titans.

We've all got an opinion of Russell Crowe, but he's no fool when it comes to spreading the word about his club. He's managed to build quite a following over here through bringing games across for a number of years now.

It seems everyone goes for the bunnies. (makes me want to throw up)

But if it wasn't for him, we'd never see a game.
Would like to see a game taken to Perth and make the trip over as well for a bit of a break.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:32 pm

Like your style cunno.

Abraham

Unread post by Abraham » Mon 23 May, 2016 12:52 pm

More important than the actual crowd figure, i'd like to know how much money the club lost on the weekend?

Its been reported in the past that to hold a match at Campbelltown costs the club around $70,000-$80,000.00 per match (could be more these days).

Add to that the extra costs of the Family Day, Equipment Hire, Security, etc. and i'm thinking it would have been hard for the club to see a single dollar once the bean counters had finished up on Saturday night.

We should be holding as many games at ANZ as they will let us, a token game at LO and CSS, with the remainder of matches shopped around to the highest bidder... Central Coast, New Zealand, Interstate, Regional Centres.. whoever is willing to cough up the dough.

kafta

Unread post by kafta » Mon 23 May, 2016 6:55 pm

Does anyone know the real cost to play at CSS or LO they play NSW cup at these grounds all the time.

No wonder they need NRL funding :roll:

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”