Crowd figure

Russell

Re: Crowd figure

Post by Russell » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:05 am

Saturday games are a non event. Just there for Fox.

The NRL can't have it both ways. If you let TV run the show, you can't then blame the clubs for not getting numbers. Same as Monday nights being non events.

Once your club cops one of these games in the wilderness, or against an out of town club you are pushing ......... hill.

Take that into account and then if you are not playing well....

To get 9000 in our position, Saturday arvo and out of town team - we did well.

angry ant

Post by angry ant » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:05 am

Games between these 2 teams and a few others will always be played away from Homebush. Take away ANZ members and reciprocals and how many would have been out there?

Yes they may offer guaranteed $100k to games but I really cannot see them wanting anymore Tigers games then what they already have.

You can already predict what will happen when we play Titans, Broncos, Warriors, Cowboys, Storm, Raiders, Sea Eagles and also Panthers at home, they will either be at Leichhardt, Campbo or Gosford, Christchurch, Bathurst, Sunshine Coast etc.

We need to start again, again ... Much like Sheens and his five-year rebuilding plans he used to roll out at the AGMs every year lol. But you can see Penrith have actually started a proper long term plan and they appear to be very close to becoming a powerhouse organisation. That said money, expertise, facilities cannot buy you everything, hell look at the Broncos its been 10 years since their last premiership. What's their excuse!

willow

Post by willow » Sun 22 May, 2016 11:45 am

Two teams which suck...I think they did well getting that crowd in.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 22 May, 2016 12:11 pm

9000 is a great figure given the quality of footy from both sides ATM.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:20 pm

The rort versus Cronulla caused probs.
We really went for that game got 15000 and haven't yet recovered on field or crowd wise.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:25 pm

The Newcastle VS Tigers game in Newcastle had like 22k.

This is a game that would've done REALLY well @ Central Coast Stadium....
It's a bit more than half way for both supporters and it'd get the Coast crowd turn up too.

WHAT AN IDEA, but yeah.... keep rolling with the 9k turnouts at this stadium.

WIN / LOSE OR DRAW - Some people just enjoy watching football.
I'm a TIGERS FAN but I still go to other games when they're in town....
I even make it to NSW cup games.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:29 pm

Demps wrote:The Newcastle VS Tigers game in Newcastle had like 22k.

This is a game that would've done REALLY well @ Central Coast Stadium....
It's a bit more than half way for both supporters and it'd get the Coast crowd turn up too.

WHAT AN IDEA, but yeah.... keep rolling with the 9k turnouts at this stadium.

WIN / LOSE OR DRAW - Some people just enjoy watching football.
I'm a TIGERS FAN but I still go to other games when they're in town....
I even make it to NSW cup games.
Adding onto this....
It defo wasn't 22k "JUST NEWCASTLE FANS"

The Tigers presence was strong, it always is here.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:32 pm

gallagher wrote:Didn't we get 20k last week at Homebush? It's a pity nobody goes there.
Cue the excuses.
Reverse the opponents

If we play Cbury at Ctown(coming off a win against Souths) and Newc (coming off a 30 point loss) at ANZ the crowds are reversed and you know it.

Thats a really convenient argument for you there.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:50 pm

Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:Didn't we get 20k last week at Homebush? It's a pity nobody goes there.
Cue the excuses.
Reverse the opponents

If we play Cbury at Ctown(coming off a win against Souths) and Newc (coming off a 30 point loss) at ANZ the crowds are reversed and you know it.

Thats a really convenient argument for you there.
I disagree Eddie. There's not a hope in hell we'd get 20k at Cambo v dogs. And i think we'd get better than 8k at Homebush v Newcastle.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:54 pm

LO and CSS are sending the club broke. If you're happy with this then don't b**** that we're a poor club because we're choosing to be in this position.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 22 May, 2016 5:55 pm

gallagher wrote:LO and CSS are sending the club broke. If you're happy with this then don't [automatically edited] that we're a poor club because we're choosing to be in this position.
I believe until Liverpool becomes a reality, we should be taking all money on offer and playing one game at LO (Souths or Easts,) and one game at CS (Manly or St. George.)
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:00 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
gallagher wrote:LO and CSS are sending the club broke. If you're happy with this then don't [automatically edited] that we're a poor club because we're choosing to be in this position.
I believe until Liverpool becomes a reality, we should be taking all money on offer and playing one game at LO (Souths or Easts,) and one game at CS (Manly or St. George.)
It's a simple decision worth thousands of dollars and it should have been made 15 years ago.
I can't fathom how some fans think 9k is s good result.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:07 pm

I think at most we should have one game at LO and one at CS.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:12 pm

gallagher wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
It's a simple decision worth thousands of dollars and it should have been made 15 years ago.
I agree you simply can't survive in the NRL with these figures , it simply means we are not striving or progressing as a Club .

I stand to be corrected but the game yesterday we ran at a loss , the only thing that will balance out a crowd of 9000 is if you had 20,000+ paid Members.

I understand what Russell is saying though.....considering both Clubs Knights and us our form and the lack of players playing yesterday a crowd of 5,000 - 6,000 would be more the expected thing.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:20 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I agree you simply can't survive in the NRL with these figures , it simply means we are not striving or progressing as a Club .

I stand to be corrected but the game yesterday we ran at a loss , the only thing that will balance out a crowd of 9000 is if you had 20,000+ paid Members.

I understand what Russell is saying though.....considering both Clubs Knights and us our form and the lack of players playing yesterday a crowd of 5,000 - 6,000 would be more the expected thing.
Well we may aswell pack up the circus then. GWS are more popular than us.
Give the fans one home ground that is a modern facility and the club can build a a decent fan and sponsorship base.

kafta

Post by kafta » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:38 pm

Are they not closing ANZ for 3 years or so to do it up, 6 games at LO & CSS oh YEAH.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2016 6:47 pm

kafta wrote:Are they not closing ANZ for 3 years or so to do it up, 6 games at LO & CSS oh YEAH.
Nope. Capacity will be no less than 40k while they rebuild out.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 22 May, 2016 7:44 pm

9k sounds good to me.

2 rubbish teams.
Both flogged the week before.
Terrible time slot.

I'm surprised they managed to get that many people. Well done.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.